Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IPv6Freely

Goalie Insoles

I wear VH and I swapped the stock yellow insoles for the custom SIDAS I’d had made a few years ago. What little padding they had has broken down and I’m starting to feel the edge where the plastic piece on the underside meets the balls of my feet. 

I’m wondering if anyone can recommend insoles for goalie skates. If they decrease volume, I can probably compensate for that by removing the red footbed. 

Im asking specifically in the goalie forum because while I think I like insoles in my player skates that give me more feel, for my goalie skates I want comfort above all else. 

I’ve heard rumblings about Maltese insoles coming in the future (I know Phil wears some in his skates now) and that would be awesome. What would be the next best option? 

Did you give a good shot to the insoles that came with the VH skates. VH skates are specifically built to your foot and any need in custom or fancy insoles is expected to no longer exist. Adding aftermarket insoles to custom skates can result in poor fit.

1 minute ago, Kgbeast said:

Did you give a good shot to the insoles that came with the VH skates. VH skates are specifically built to your foot and any need in custom or fancy insoles is expected to no longer exist. Adding aftermarket insoles to custom skates can result in poor fit.

I’m aware VH are built for your foot.

Yes, and they don’t work for me. 

Oops... did not read the op name :) Just read the post and assumed it is from someone new who wanted to reuse his praised insoles into custom boot just out of sentimental value. It might come as a total shocker to you (not!) If I suggest to take a look at Graf insoles, they have something new now, but not sure if any good though.

1 minute ago, Kgbeast said:

Oops... did not read the op name :) Just read the post and assumed it is from someone new who wanted to reuse his praised insoles into custom boot just out of sentimental value. It might come as a total shocker to you (not!) If I suggest to take a look at Graf insoles, they have something new now, but not sure if any good though.

On what basis is your recommendation if you haven’t used them?

12 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

On what basis is your recommendation if you haven’t used them?

I am not really recommending, just suggesting to take a look based on this. I know that many people are not aware of that Graf is still in insoles game and since that in the past they were pretty sucessful at that, paired that with Grafs pedigree in goalie skates comfort and now with Vaughn's finger in it, it could be something. Just pointing to something outside of the established today insoles box if you will.

Look into Superfeet - not the Yellow hockey one.  Those are designed for player skates.

I've heard of guys using Carbon and Blacks in their goal skate.

6 minutes ago, JR Boucicaut said:

Look into Superfeet - not the Yellow hockey one.  Those are designed for player skates.

I've heard of guys using Carbon and Blacks in their goal skate.

I’d been actually looking at the blacks online. They seem to be a good option. Carbon is the one that’s still yellow colored but newer right?

I’d also been looking at these:

http://www.goaliemonkey.com/accessories/skate-accessories/footbeds-insoles-tongues/elite-goalie-ac-performance-trio-gel-insoles.html 

36 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

I’d been actually looking at the blacks online. They seem to be a good option. Carbon is the one that’s still yellow colored but newer right?

I’d also been looking at these:

http://www.goaliemonkey.com/accessories/skate-accessories/footbeds-insoles-tongues/elite-goalie-ac-performance-trio-gel-insoles.html 

There are 2 carbons. Carbon Pro which are the ones that are still yellow and Carbon which are black and green and are meant for wearing in shoes.

1 minute ago, Hills said:

There are 2 carbons. Carbon Pro which are the ones that are still yellow and Carbon which are black and green and are meant for wearing in shoes.

Ah, thanks!! They have superfeet at most CVS or whatever so I should be able to take a look.