Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
bgdawg019

New Warrior codes. Pro stock

T8 is the pro equivalent to the retail AlphaQX.  Other codes for build construction in warrior are T3 (true one-piece, low kick i.e. dagger taper), T4 (true1, higher kickpoint than T3 and no dagger taper), F4 (fused stick, mid-kick -- think Dynasty), and G3 (cannot remember what the rep said).  There are also sometimes blade construction letters -- L being lightened, X being stiffened, etc.  QR designates newer materials that are supposed to be more durable.  So, for example a T3QRL stick would be a True1 construction, with the new blade materials, and lighter blade foams (probably the closest to a retail Covert QRL in terms of pro construction).  

If someone here knows more details (or sees that I misunderstood something I was told), please correct me! 

Edited by tcraig
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, jeffg said:

is this a real DX?  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pro-Stock-Warrior-Alpha-DX-Hockey-Stick-P92-90-Flex/254182910171

What is the pro stock code for the DX?

I'm guessing its a QX painted to look like a DX

The code indicates it's a 90 flex QX build - so I'd say you're guess of QX dressed as DX is correct. 

I haven't seen what the DX code is yet - T8 is Alpha QX, and T9 is the QREdge build. 

This is a bit off topic, but what current Warrior stick would have the closest flex profile to a Warrior DT2? I know it was part of the Covert line, but now there are Covert, Saber, Quick Strike...just too many buzz words floating around.

@jeffg that very well may be, I'm not sure. I saw some marketing materials for the DX stick, and without saying too much it looked like the blade was a differentiating point between it and the QX as opposed to a new shaft geometry. So T8 DX may be the real deal - but again I don't know for sure. 

@.am I never used the DT2, but from what I remember that was a Dagger Taper stick (so low kick). Therefore the Covert line would be the closest -- they had refinements of the Dagger Taper technology up until this year's model, the QREdge, which has a new taper geometry called the Edge Taper. Still an ultra low kick stick. But the previous generation Covert stick (the QRL) may be more of a modern update to the DT2.  The Alpha line is more of a low-mid kickpoint. The Saber, Quick Strike, etc. terms are essentially marketing jargon to refer to features -- i.e. Sabre is in reference to the Sabre Taper shaft geometry in the lower portion of the shaft, which is a shape that is supposed to result in less twisting of the lower shaft for more accurate shots. QuickStrike is just marketing trying to reinforce that there is still a quick release....don't focus too much on those types of terms, just if the stick is Covert (very low kick) or Alpha (mid-low kick). 

• Thanks 1

On 6/27/2019 at 1:30 AM, derekmw520 said:

Couldn't find an answer anywhere online, but does anybody know what the code "T8Q2X" means exactly (other than the fact the T8 is QX)? 

Hi man. I just got my own custom sticks from Warrior, they have T8D2X code in them. Stick specs I sent to Warrior were:

• Alpha DX shaft construction (1400D carbon)
  • 65 flex
  • 60" length
  • Smooth grip (no bumps, ridges or tactiles)
  • X-Stiff blade 
  • W28 curve

I also asked to get the sticks dressed as the new Alpha DX SL (blacked out DX graphics) and also without the round Warrior logo in the blade.

My best guess for the code is that T8 means its Sabre taper (alpha) and X means stiffer blade. Idk what the D and 2 stand for. The XStiff blade definitely feels different to regular Alpha blade and it added about 7 grams of weight.

Pics of these sticks if you want to see: 

• Like 1