Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IPv6Freely

Lightning Retiring Lecavalier's Number

I'm not sure that tenures of 7 and 4 years, respectively, are enough to warrant getting your number in the rafters. It still irks me that the Avs retired Bourque's number.

31 minutes ago, chippa13 said:

I'm not sure that tenures of 7 and 4 years, respectively, are enough to warrant getting your number in the rafters. It still irks me that the Avs retired Bourque's number.

I mean, its Tampa, so its probably much easier than other franchises, but I don't see how Andreychuk is even in consideration here. 4 years and -46 for his Tampa career, with less than half a ppg. Hate to see how crowded Detroits rafters would be with those low of standards. 

19 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

http://www.tsn.ca/lightning-to-retire-lecavalier-s-no-4-1.866008

Good move, well deserved. I wonder if Richards and/or Andreychuk will have the same at some point. 

It is TB. The franchise has been around since '92. Vinny has been one of, if the, most influential players to don the Bolts' sweater to date. Based on that reality, his number should be retired. I think the argument is more of time. Maybe wait another 30 years. 50 years. Longer. There you can see if there are any other candidates and build on the history of TB's all-time roster. Overall, I don't have an issue with it.

15 minutes ago, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

It is TB. The franchise has been around since '92. Vinny has been one of, if the, most influential players to don the Bolts' sweater to date. Based on that reality, his number should be retired. I think the argument is more of time. Maybe wait another 30 years. 50 years. Longer. There you can see if there are any other candidates and build on the history of TB's all-time roster. Overall, I don't have an issue with it.

No issue with Vinny at all! I was just more surprised that St. Louis was already up there and wondered about others from that cup team.