Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

moejoe3117

Best chassis

Dunno about the others but I just got some Mission Magnesium Vanguards on sale and they seem fine. They were noticeably lighter then the aluminum mission chassis. 

The highend labeda was like $160 and the vanguard was $90 so the difference paid for wheels and bearings. No companies ever mention weight or stiffness but I'd guess it ounces. 

Wasn't the original alkali labeda?  Is labeda still making them?  And as for best... Which ever one works for you.  This  is like apples to oranges.  Do you want a hi lo or straight 80?  I could be wrong but i was under the impression that back in the day people used hilo for the pitch.  Now, even the straight 80 has a ton of pitch.  I never cared for the hilo.  I used straight 76 for years went to a straight 80.  These were to long for my tiny 6.5 feet so tried a hilo 76 and 80 then went to a 72  and 80 hilo then back to an all 80 (which is way too long) and feels more comfortable with 72s on it. Dont really care for any of them. I found a labeda hummer 2 on flea bay. It is a small that runs all 76. I will shim it to get the pitch I want and use the ice boots that i want (trying supreme 170 cause that is what the machine told me even though i am rocking nexus).  Bottom line is inline is being ignored and scab what you need even though it makes an expensive sport affordable. What is best is what works for you.  The same advice you will find for skates when you ask this question.

I had success making the original Alkali chassis more competitive for me by chucking 76mm wheels on the front and creating a bespoke Hilo.

It more or less simulated the effect of the newer alkali movement chassis without the recession.

Although now I’m on the 1Xr’s and they feel much better although a lot of that is also due to the massive drop in weight as opposed to chassis difference imo.

Well a buddy of mine has been on straight 80s for a long time. He is wanting to convert skates and the alkali seem to be better, but the sizing for the alkali is different than usual sizing for missions. Do alkali have a different skate size than Bauer?

I was in an 8.5 in Alkali CA9 RPDs, I could skate in friends 8.0s but my toes were curled up.

In my Bauer’s I’m an 8.0EE and know I can squeeze into a 7.5 if I had to(same with the missions).

I’d recommend for him to go half a size down in mission/Bauer skates as a safe bet if he doesn’t have access to try them on.

He's wanting to convert ice skates to roller, but the alkali chassis sizing is different from mission and labeda. Skates he has now are a medium hummer, alkali shows a large for his size skates