Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jagrsson

Bauer 1 x fit,last years model and this year

I own a pair of the new one 1x skates that recently came out, I'm wondering if last years 1x fit the same way because I'm thinking of ordering the LE version online. 

Vapors are generally a narrow, low-volume fit. The new 1X skates may feel a bit tighter than the old ones though, because the whole idea behind the technology in the 2017 1X skate was to go for a more "locked-in" fit. Bauer wanted to eliminate any negative space inside the new 1X's. Another thing to keep in mind too is the tongue, the 2017's have a much stiffer tongue than the older ones. 

Searched and this was the latest thread I could find.

Thoughts on the 2015 1X ($599 CAD) vs 2017 1X ($1000 CAD)? The older model is discounted and good sizes are available. For the price point of the 2017 it's really close to True. Didn't have a lot of luck with the 190S but I want to give curv composite another try. 

The 2015 model has the painted injected lacing which has been known to crack.

The X900 is on for $369, I think that's the better deal.

On 10/6/2017 at 9:54 AM, derekmw520 said:

Vapors are generally a narrow, low-volume fit. The new 1X skates may feel a bit tighter than the old ones though, because the whole idea behind the technology in the 2017 1X skate was to go for a more "locked-in" fit. Bauer wanted to eliminate any negative space inside the new 1X's. Another thing to keep in mind too is the tongue, the 2017's have a much stiffer tongue than the older ones. 

Just got some, and yes, they fit a bit snugger, especially in the ankle area... due to repositioning of the ankle padding.

The overall fit compared to the older 1Xs I had is certainly noticeable.  LOVE the new tongue, and the forward flex is softer too..

Very pleased so far.

also wanted to add that the SPEEDPLATES now fit tightly in the boot.  My early model 1X skates, the plates were swimming in the boot. Had to use 2 sided tape to stop the movement..

Is the volume the same in both skates? (Instep), etc. I couldn’t get a good heel lock in the 2015 model, but I’m hearing the 2017 model is a tighter fit. I switched to Jetspeed’s (FT1) this season. I’m just curious. 

4 hours ago, Shogun said:

Is the volume the same in both skates? (Instep), etc. I couldn’t get a good heel lock in the 2015 model, but I’m hearing the 2017 model is a tighter fit. I switched to Jetspeed’s (FT1) this season. I’m just curious. 

The volume feels very much the same, HOWEVER...  the new padding placement in the heel area makes the skate fit much better and a little tighter as well.

I had a pair of 7D 1X's before I swapped out for 6.5's..  I'm comfortably back in a 7 with excellent heel lock, which was poor in the size 7,  2015 model..

There's alot less negative space in this boot than it's previous version.  Overall a tighter, locked in fit for sure.

2 hours ago, Zorlac said:

The volume feels very much the same, HOWEVER...  the new padding placement in the heel area makes the skate fit much better and a little tighter as well.

I had a pair of 7D 1X's before I swapped out for 6.5's..  I'm comfortably back in a 7 with excellent heel lock, which was poor in the size 7,  2015 model..

There's alot less negative space in this boot than it's previous version.  Overall a tighter, locked in fit for sure.

Thanks for the info :) I’m really happy with my FT1’s, though. I use Speed Plate’s in them and it feels unreal. The direct ice contact and energy transfer is great. I was always a Bauer guy, but I bought the ‘15 1X last year and the heel lock wasn’t that great. I had Bauer X7.0 LE before. 

Thanks for the details Zorlac. I switched to 8EE with the 2015 1X after always wearing 8.5EE before, might have to go up again with the 2017s.

I tried on the FT1s at pure hockey in Albany... The fit was fantastic!  I almost pulled the trigger on them, but settled on the 1Xs.  Those FT1s are an awesome skate!

You'll definately feel a heel lock improvement in the 17 1Xs.   Certainly try them on GOSINGER, as opinions and feet vary so much.  a size 7 2015 fit is less snug than the new size 7 2017.  NO DOUBT about it.