Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MikeWhy

Help fixing(or getting fixed) my bauer Re akt 100

So whenever I play i wear a cage, not wearing one is not an option for me. well the part where I screw the top of my cage into is damaged and i'm not able to screw into it as well as it doesnt have a sturdy foundation(it spins freely and moves loosely). I was wondering if there is any way i can replace this piece or if i can send it to anyone to get it fixed. It is out of warranty so that isnt an option. if there's anyway with the re akt to switch shells i could maybe do that as i have a perfectly fine white re akt 100 but my travel team requires a black helmet. Any help would be great, i don't want such a small malfunction ruin such an expensive/quality helmet.

Holy rust!  I'm not familiar with that helmet and what the back side looks like, normally the metal threaded piece has a rectangular or square back that sit in the plastic of the helmet (to keep it from spinning).  It appears the threaded part, which is seriously rusted, has slipped back out of the groove that would keep it from spinning.  There should be a way to get to the backside with your fingers to push it back in place.  I'd also suggest getting a new hardware kit for the helmet to replace those rusted parts, any pro shop should carry the pieces, and also air that thing out after you play ;-)

Ahahaha yeah the rust has gotten pretty bad which is funny because I just recently started not caring so much about it and the trouble is getting to that piece because its embedded into the reakt's epp foam... i dont know how to get it and dont know how to get a new one in that spot

If you remove both front screws, you could remove the female ends from the EPP and replace them with females. You wont be able to replace them into the EPP. It will no longer hold the frontal pad in place though. That's if you don't care too much about the condition of the helmet, and judging by the photos, you don't

Update: I just swapped out the guts from my white helmet into my black helmet. If you unscrew the forehead screws, temple screws and the back screws where you buckle your cage it all can come out. Anybody else who might face this problem this is how you can deal with it or maybe attempt to switch out things you may want to switch. Also a useful feature if you want to change insert colors.