Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kai95

Warrior QRL flex compared to other brands

Hello. I am very interested in ordering warrior qrl stick but I am stuck choosing the flex - 55, 65 or 70. How qrl play's to its rating? On russian hockey forum some say that it plays stiffer as rated. 

For comparison - i liked 60 flex apx2, but maybe it was little bit too soft; sherwood t120 65 flex is almost good but little bit too stiff; nexus 8000 67 flex is almost perfect, little on a stiff side too, but almost perfect. I usually play with sticks around 56". Which flex would you suggest me to get?

Thanks. 

7 hours ago, stevelknievel said:

Fwiw I feel like both my qrls and alphas play a little stiffer than rated. 

Had the Alpha QX in a 75 flex and it played way stiffer than any other Warrior I've used. 

13 hours ago, stevelknievel said:

Fwiw I feel like both my qrls and alphas play a little stiffer than rated. 

5 hours ago, six501 said:

Had the Alpha QX in a 75 flex and it played way stiffer than any other Warrior I've used. 

I agree.  The 75 flex QRL I tried was like a lead pipe compared to my 77 '16 1X.

Thanks for help, guys :) But one more question - if ccm tacks 60 flex and ccm super tacks 2.0 55 or 65 flex joins this race(tacks being 25 euro cheaper, but super tacks 2.0 being 30 euro more expensive than qrl), how would you describe it as a stick overall and compared to qrl?

Are you talking about the Tacks 1.0 or 2.0?

Well first off they're different flex profiles. The QRL is a really low kick and the Tacks is mid. The 2.0 has a softer upper handle but overall, IMHO, CCM sticks are the stiffest playing on the market. The Tacks blades are extremely stiff. 

The Qrl is designed for snapshots and quick release in mind and the Tacks are more geared towards snapshots. Hence the stiffer blade to prevent any blade flex and loss of accuracy. 

For those who are saying their Warrior QRLs and Alphas play stiff, I'm really scratching my head on that. Please don't think I'm doubting the veracity of your opinions. It's just the first time I've heard anyone say that. It totally goes against the grain of my experience with my QRL, Alpha, 1x, Tacks 2.0, etc. 

Maybe it's because I'm so short that I have to use Junior sticks, and there me something different happening there, but when I was using intermediates warriors were whippier than my other intermediates too. 

Are you guys cutting the sticks down? If so by how much? I ask this because I saw a test on the flex in Warrior sticks that indicated the flex of a QRL goes from whippier to stiffer as you travel down the shaft to the blade, so if you cut them down they may get stiffer by a greater degree than other sticks. 

14 minutes ago, puckpilot said:

Well first off they're different flex profiles. The QRL is a really low kick and the Tacks is mid. The 2.0 has a softer upper handle but overall, IMHO, CCM sticks are the stiffest playing on the market. The Tacks blades are extremely stiff. 

The Qrl is designed for snapshots and quick release in mind and the Tacks are more geared towards snapshots. Hence the stiffer blade to prevent any blade flex and loss of accuracy. 

For those who are saying their Warrior QRLs and Alphas play stiff, I'm really scratching my head on that. Please don't think I'm doubting the veracity of your opinions. It's just the first time I've heard anyone say that. It totally goes against the grain of my experience with my QRL, Alpha, 1x, Tacks 2.0, etc. 

Maybe it's because I'm so short that I have to use Junior sticks, and there me something different happening there, but when I was using intermediates warriors were whippier than my other intermediates too. 

Are you guys cutting the sticks down? If so by how much? I ask this because I saw a test on the flex in Warrior sticks that indicated the flex of a QRL goes from whippier to stiffer as you travel down the shaft to the blade, so if you cut them down they may get stiffer by a greater degree than other sticks. 

I was talking about first gen tacks(one before ultra tacks) and super tacks 2.0 (second gen). 

I know about different profiles but to be honest, I dont feel that much difference. I feel difference between sticks but not kickpoints - were recording shots in slow mo, analyzing and all flex profiles performed almost the same with easton 85S II being an exception where i clearly saw that low kick. I mostly care about stick flexibility behaviour. I really enjoyed shooting with 60 flex bauer apx2, so do now with 67 flex bauer nexus 8000.

I am hearing pretty a lot about latest warriors(qrl and alphas) being stiffer than advertised but at the same time some people say that they are whippier, that's why I asked this question. Btw, I have tried pro stock ccm ultra tacks team and ccm tacks 6092 both in 75 flex and they felt quite whippy for me. 

I'm using intermediates and being a 5'7 guy i cut sticks to approx 55"-56" with little variations. 

1 hour ago, puckpilot said:

Alpha QX was the only stick from Warrior I had this experience with. Was cut 2 inches and just way stiffer than anything else from them I've used or handled.

From my experience, i feel like all low-kickpoint sticks feel stiffer than mid kick sticks due to the different kickpoint, even though it's the same flex.. 

15 hours ago, six501 said:

Alpha QX was the only stick from Warrior I had this experience with. Was cut 2 inches and just way stiffer than anything else from them I've used or handled.

Same - my 85 flex QX plays stiffer than other 85 flex sticks I have, and the QRLs I've used play a bit whippier than rated.