Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just wondering if anyone out there would have some advice for me about T-blades. I am planning to put them on my jetspeeds, to see if they really are what they're cracked up to be! Any input is appreciated. ;) 

They are out of business, correct? Unless you have a stockpile of the size/ hollow you need this seems like a losing proposition. 

I had some years ago. I liked how light they were. I wasn't crazy about how loud they were.

If you don't have access to a good sharpener, they are an alternative.

For me, the edge didn't last as long as they claimed. I believe the claim was an equivalence to 4 sharpenings. Now with better steel like Step Steel uses, I believe I can go as many hours per sharpening as I'd reach with a set of T'Blades. And if I got a nick or burr while playing on a recently changed set, I'd get pissed off because I needed to change the set before they're fully won out, as opposed to just getting a new sharpening with conventional blades.

So you have to weigh the pros and cons and decide if it's worth the extra expense.

1 hour ago, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

I hope you don't plan on playing in stealth mode. Get it? Get it? I'll let myself out...

This is the reason not to get T-Blades. The noise they make is awful

21 minutes ago, GoalForFun said:

Why do they make the crunch crunch sound though?

I don't know this for sure but I think it has to do with the plastic holder that the steel sits in that causes the noise

47 minutes ago, Jamarquan said:

Dennis Siedenberg is going to play FOREVER now 

While his current EQM is now pulling out his hair..

1 hour ago, Jamarquan said:

Dennis Siedenberg is going to play FOREVER now 

11 minutes ago, Monty22 said:

While his current EQM is now pulling out his hair..

He switched to the Edge holder back during the World Championship 

3 hours ago, strosedefence34 said:

He switched to the Edge holder back during the World Championship 

He did? Damn. 

On 10/10/2017 at 6:52 PM, GoalForFun said:

Why do they make the crunch crunch sound though?

They make that sound to alert everyone who the biggest a-hole on the ice is.

(just kidding)

(sort of)

8 hours ago, DRR said:

They make that sound to alert everyone who the biggest a-hole on the ice is.

(just kidding)

(sort of)

The if they had a tinted visor and white gloves it’s would be a pretty safe bet

15 hours ago, Jgscenter said:

The if they had a tinted visor and white gloves it’s would be a pretty safe bet

These days it seems to be the matte black helmet. 

On 10/9/2017 at 6:01 PM, Ted_289 said:

Just wondering if anyone out there would have some advice for me about T-blades. I am planning to put them on my jetspeeds, to see if they really are what they're cracked up to be! Any input is appreciated. ;) 

If you have the money, then try them. If you live somewhere without a quality skate sharpening service they are pretty good kit. They're loud in turns.

A few NHLers (mostly Germans) have worn them and some guys are still rocking them in DEL. Nonetheless they are pretty rare for Professionals. Knock them all you want, but they perform fine.

Eishockey-DEL-Dennis-Seidenberg-verstaer

7083926.jpg

Ryan Smyth put up some decent NHL numbers with those huge gauntlet gloves and little wood shovel stick. 39 goals in 96-97. Guys will tell you that stick is garbage and the gloves are heavy. Point: try out different kit and go with what you like. Haters gonna hate.

Bk92eFSCEAAZgEH.jpg

9 hours ago, StinkyPinky said:

If you have the money, then try them. If you live somewhere without a quality skate sharpening service they are pretty good kit. They're loud in turns.

A few NHLers (mostly Germans) have worn them and some guys are still rocking them in DEL. Nonetheless they are pretty rare for Professionals. Knock them all you want, but they perform fine.

Eishockey-DEL-Dennis-Seidenberg-verstaer

7083926.jpg

Ryan Smyth put up some decent NHL numbers with those huge gauntlet gloves and little wood shovel stick. 39 goals in 96-97. Guys will tell you that stick is garbage and the gloves are heavy. Point: try out different kit and go with what you like. Haters gonna hate.

Bk92eFSCEAAZgEH.jpg

Well, I'm going to try them, (if i ever skate again, lost my knee two weeks ago). I think that they offer what I need, because i am only 150lbs, i have less glide than my 220lb teammates. With a need for more glide, i think these are the answer. Thankyou for the comment!!

15 hours ago, Ted_289 said:

Well, I'm going to try them, (if i ever skate again, lost my knee two weeks ago). I think that they offer what I need, because i am only 150lbs, i have less glide than my 220lb teammates. With a need for more glide, i think these are the answer. Thankyou for the comment!!

If all you need is more glide, have you tried a shallower hollow or FBV?  More cost effective than a holder / blade change.

9 hours ago, Monty22 said:

If all you need is more glide, have you tried a shollower hollow or FBV?  More cost effective than a holder / blade change.

You know, you have a really good point there but where i live in Indiana, Skate shapenings come in one size! lol... But good point,,, i am getting a shollower hollow or FBV in the t-blades