Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jpeaslee

Bauer Supreme 190 Shells

Anyone know what shells work with a Supreme 190 girdle (aside from obviously the Supreme 190 shell).  Maybe a Supreme TotalOne MX3?

23 hours ago, jpeaslee said:

Anyone know what shells work with a Supreme 190 girdle (aside from obviously the Supreme 190 shell).  Maybe a Supreme TotalOne MX3?

My impression is that since they made the change on the Supreme line to be these two-piece/girdle pant combo things, that the shells are basically interchangeable from year to year and/or model.  Can't say for 100% certainty but pretty sure they are all using the same type of velcro/loop system.  I know I reached out to Bauer and they confirmed for me that an NXG girdle would go with an MX3 shell which was from the next Supreme line.

2 hours ago, gerbe3:16 said:

My impression is that since they made the change on the Supreme line to be these two-piece/girdle pant combo things, that the shells are basically interchangeable from year to year and/or model.  Can't say for 100% certainty but pretty sure they are all using the same type of velcro/loop system.  I know I reached out to Bauer and they confirmed for me that an NXG girdle would go with an MX3 shell which was from the next Supreme line.

Any idea on Reebok 9k girdles or Warrior Dynasty girdles?  

10 hours ago, JSK81 said:

Supreme shells work with the Dynasty girdle. I’m using S190 and MX3 shells with mine.

Sounds like it should work the other way around then.  Do you find sizing to be on point, large supreme shell fits a large dynasty girdle, not oversized or too tight?

15 minutes ago, jpeaslee said:

Sounds like it should work the other way around then.  Do you find sizing to be on point, large supreme shell fits a large dynasty girdle, not oversized or too tight?

Go one size up with the bauer shells, for some reason they fit smaller. Size L Bauer shell fits like size M dynasty shell.

Any shell will work but if you want to use the velcro loop things you need to stick with the styles that have those (9k style shells for example).  I have a 190 shell and can tell you it runs small and short, same fit as the Total One MX3 which I used to have (basically the 190 is a streamlined TO MX3 shell, the TO MX3 had a padded belt which the 190 doesn't, they fit the same though).  Personally I'd stick with the 190 shell since they seem to be on blowout at a lot of retailers for under $20 a piece.

I agree with JSK81 with Bauer shell fit with the exception of the Nexus shells, those are pant shells so they're pretty true to size I've found. 

10 minutes ago, xstartxtodayx said:

Any shell will work but if you want to use the velcro loop things you need to stick with the styles that have those (9k style shells for example).  I have a 190 shell and can tell you it runs small and short, same fit as the Total One MX3 which I used to have (basically the 190 is a streamlined TO MX3 shell, the TO MX3 had a padded belt which the 190 doesn't, they fit the same though).  Personally I'd stick with the 190 shell since they seem to be on blowout at a lot of retailers for under $20 a piece.

I agree with JSK81 with Bauer shell fit with the exception of the Nexus shells, those are pant shells so they're pretty true to size I've found. 

Did you find yourself using the M shell with the S girdle they come with? Thats what I may end up doing

1 hour ago, xstartxtodayx said:

I gotcha on the loops.  I have access to an industrial sewing machine and a semi-pro at using it, so adding the loops would be easy enough.  I was looking at maybe snagging a dynasty or 9k shell maybe as prostock.  I'm going to pick up an extra shell or two of the 190 while they're on sale as spares.

Being as the 9k and Dynasty are both big girdles, should I drop down to a Large shell for my XL supreme 190 girdle?

2 hours ago, six501 said:

Did you find yourself using the M shell with the S girdle they come with? Thats what I may end up doing

I wear a medium girdle and mostly use large shells aside from the Nexus shell I have which is a medium (and CCM's PP90/9k style shells seem to be true to size, I tried a large and it was huge).  One size up seems to work well with the Bauer shells.  

49 minutes ago, jpeaslee said:

I gotcha on the loops.  I have access to an industrial sewing machine and a semi-pro at using it, so adding the loops would be easy enough.  I was looking at maybe snagging a dynasty or 9k shell maybe as prostock.  I'm going to pick up an extra shell or two of the 190 while they're on sale as spares.

Being as the 9k and Dynasty are both big girdles, should I drop down to a Large shell for my XL supreme 190 girdle?

I'm not sure, I've never compared all the different makers to one another side by side.  I used to wear a Bauer One.8 girdle, then an Easton Synergy HSG which was much bulkier/fuller than the Bauer, and am now in a 9K which I love, I find it to be just a bit bulkier than the Bauer but not huge by any sense, I've worn the same shells throughout them all.  My biggest concern, personally, with going down a size in shells is how narrow a lot of these companies make them, I'd be worried they'd be too narrow and tight but then again there are a lot of guys who prefer that so ymmv.