Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bl4

HockeyStickMan.com

Has anyone used HockeyStickMan.com, and if so, how was your experience?  I came across the site, and it looks like they have some great deals on pro stock sticks, shafts, and blades (including some unbranded stuff).  But I've never heard of the site before or encountered anyone who's used it, so I'm a bit wary...

Any input would be much appreciated!

They are based in Toronto.  I went there at SJ with @chikinpotpie and we each got some good deals.  I bought a used (basically new) stick and he got two refurbs that looked great.  He can speak to durability on the refurbs.  I was happy with my purchase and they were nice to work with. @Lester8 was working with them at the time as well so seeing a fellow MSHr is always a plus!!

One thing to caution you on I purchased a 1N from him and got a true 1N the next time I went to pick up another 1N from him he sent me a 1X dressed as a 1N.  Not blaming him just a caution to other buyers.  Just be sure to check the prostock codes if you do buy.

Thanks for posting this site. Just grabbed two Trigger2's with a P106 curve from the site. Came in 3 days from Canada. Going to try them out this weekend, did some stickhandling in basement and I love what I got so far.

FWIW, I've been very happy w/the blades & shafts that I ordered. They aren't perfect, but it's increasingly difficult to find 2-piece setups, and the quality was great for the price (and about on par w/other pro stock purchases I've made)

I have experience with their shafts and blades too.  The blades are great.  One of my shafts had some blemishes that had me worried they might be more than just cosmetic, but it seems to be holding up fine so far.  Plus I was given some store credit toward a future purchase, so I can say that the customer service is excellent.

9 hours ago, clarkiestooth said:

Personally, I prefer ProstockHockey.  If I'm going to spend $150 on a stick, I'd like to at least see a detailed picture of the blade pattern. 

I second that. Prostockhockey is great for detailed info on the stick you are buying. That is so important when buying pro stock.