Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My son got the AK27SL in an intermediate W88 55 Flex.  Coming from a QR1 he really likes this stick.  He says his shots have more pop, both wristers and slap shots.  Could be because it's new and QR1 is a little worn but I trust what he says.  He also says the blade is stiffer but that he likes the feel of it better than the QR1 and he thinks it might actually be easier to catch passes with it once he got used to the feel (which I wouldn't expect but I have to believe him on that also).  It's marginally lighter than the QR1 by a few grams but holding it, it does feel lighter.  He likes the graphics which certainly look good and stand out on the ice but not in an obnoxious way.  Nice work Warrior.  Maybe you should find a way to keep this in the Alpha line for the player who wants that light stick without having to go to the top of the line model!

11 hours ago, stljrs said:

My son got the AK27SL in an intermediate W88 55 Flex.  Coming from a QR1 he really likes this stick.  He says his shots have more pop, both wristers and slap shots.  Could be because it's new and QR1 is a little worn but I trust what he says.  He also says the blade is stiffer but that he likes the feel of it better than the QR1 and he thinks it might actually be easier to catch passes with it once he got used to the feel (which I wouldn't expect but I have to believe him on that also).  It's marginally lighter than the QR1 by a few grams but holding it, it does feel lighter.  He likes the graphics which certainly look good and stand out on the ice but not in an obnoxious way.  Nice work Warrior.  Maybe you should find a way to keep this in the Alpha line for the player who wants that light stick without having to go to the top of the line model!

This is great feedback - thanks for sharing.  I will forward your message to our product team.  They built a winner and it's great to see players out in the market validate their research and design.

I’ve had such a positive experience with the Alpha QX, I ended up buying a AK27SL today. Amazingly light and well balanced. Nothing in the store at the sub $200 price point came close. The carry over features from the QX like the shaft shape and grip are great adds. True test is on the ice. Looking forward to putting it through it’s paces.

Howdy,

Grabbed one of these AK27SL's as well.  Liking it so far.  Definitely like the lighter weight and it seems to have a little more pop than the two reasonably well used XCore 9's I'd been using.  Puck doesn't seem to 'stick' to the blade quite as much when receiving passes, so maybe that insert in the XCore is doing something.  :-)  Impressed that its a <$200 stick full retail!

Only thing I haven't liked is that in two ice times I've had to empty out resin shards after each use to stop the 'baby rattle' effect.  I'm sure that's just cosmetic, but still sorta annoying.  Hopefully all "going to come off" bits will be off soon.

Mark

I echo Marka's thoughts. I picked up an AK27SL and for the price point it's been great. Lighter than a 1N but not as whippy. Feels like a top of the line stick for $100 less. I think I will pick up an extra one before they sell out.

I also had to empty out shards from inside the stick twice. Cosmetically a lot of the print rubbed up after my first use. A month in the stick has quite a few chips but that's the only minor thing.

On 1/14/2018 at 10:10 PM, marka said:

Howdy,

Grabbed one of these AK27SL's as well.  Liking it so far.  Definitely like the lighter weight and it seems to have a little more pop than the two reasonably well used XCore 9's I'd been using.  Puck doesn't seem to 'stick' to the blade quite as much when receiving passes, so maybe that insert in the XCore is doing something.  :-)  Impressed that its a <$200 stick full retail!

Only thing I haven't liked is that in two ice times I've had to empty out resin shards after each use to stop the 'baby rattle' effect.  I'm sure that's just cosmetic, but still sorta annoying.  Hopefully all "going to come off" bits will be off soon.

Mark

20 hours ago, 02m3smg said:

I echo Marka's thoughts. I picked up an AK27SL and for the price point it's been great. Lighter than a 1N but not as whippy. Feels like a top of the line stick for $100 less. I think I will pick up an extra one before they sell out.

I also had to empty out shards from inside the stick twice. Cosmetically a lot of the print rubbed up after my first use. A month in the stick has quite a few chips but that's the only minor thing.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the value/performance of the sticks.  Exactly what our product team was going for when putting this spec/look together.

What they didn't plan for are the rattlers you described.  I'll let our team know.  If it's under your warranty period, you could return for replacements.

I was really impressed with what I saw in the upcoming Warrior catalog. Can't wait til we get the QR Edge in store.

Howdy,

4 hours ago, Miseaujeu said:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the value/performance of the sticks.  Exactly what our product team was going for when putting this spec/look together.

What they didn't plan for are the rattlers you described.  I'll let our team know.  If it's under your warranty period, you could return for replacements.

I can't imagine it has any effect on performance and on my 3rd ice time there was only a tiny rattle.  I'm guessing its done "de-sharding" now?  :-)

If it keeps doing it or gets worse or I feel something maybe I'll get in touch (yes, in the warranty period), but pretty firmly in the "kinda annoying, but whatever" category right now.

Thanks to Warrior again for a great sub-$200 stick!  I even like the looks too.  :-)

Mark

Howdy,

On 1/16/2018 at 3:00 PM, marka said:

If it keeps doing it or gets worse or I feel something maybe I'll get in touch (yes, in the warranty period), but pretty firmly in the "kinda annoying, but whatever" category right now.

Big shout out to @Miseaujeu!  I was still getting the occasional rattler and messaged him, figuring it wasn't really problem, but wanting to check.  He wasn't sure either, but ended up arranging a replacement stick anyway.  That came today.  :-)

Awesome customer service!  Really appreciate Miseaujeu specifically and Warrior generally going above and beyond here!  The replacement process couldn't have been more painless.  I'm super impressed.  :-)

Mark