Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BureKovy

Pavel Barber Curve

I can' find info anywhere, the blade does look longer.  Tougher mystery because it wouldn't be classified as pro stock.  Hopefully we can get to the bottom of it, he hasn't replied to social media about the curve.

IIRC in his Matthews/Zoro video he is using a ccm stick and says what curve he's using. Though I haven't seen any of his stuff in some time. 

His most recent batch of custom Trues are Kane's actual pro curve (flipped to RH of course). 

As far as his retail specs go, he uses a P92/29/etc in a 65 flex (sometimes 75 depending on what companies send him). 

Sources: I used to work near/with his Floorball+ facility and spoke/worked with him a bit. Haven't seen him since he got his new batch of custom Trues, really hoping to get in and try them myself as well. 

15 minutes ago, mickz said:

Kane's pro curve is a P10 no?

I believe so, Kane/Giroux/some other pros all use that curve (just flipped to their respective hands). 

That said, Barber mentioned it was a really high lie (something like a seven), and that throws me off a bit. I don't know if the P10 was that high and I'm having a hard time imagining it being a seven, so maybe he's off in that respect? 

I can believe its Kane Pro (Old Shanahan p10) but he has changed the toe shape.  So wondering if he is using that and modifying it, shape, lie etc.  Referring to his True curve as well.

18 hours ago, NextBobbyOrr said:

I believe so, Kane/Giroux/some other pros all use that curve (just flipped to their respective hands). 

That said, Barber mentioned it was a really high lie (something like a seven), and that throws me off a bit. I don't know if the P10 was that high and I'm having a hard time imagining it being a seven, so maybe he's off in that respect? 

I've heard him say multiple times in videos that he likes the higher lie because it lets him handle the puck better in tight to his body. Not sure if his sticks are 6.5 or 7 (also, different companies measure lie a little differently) but he prefers the high lies for sure.

On 11/17/2017 at 9:51 AM, BureKovy said:

Looks like he is using a Kane pro in the newest video.  Square toe.

saw his latest vid as well. def looks like a kane pro.

So how do you go about getting a Kane pro? I just looked at myBauer and they don't have it in the blade chart, closest looked to be P12. 

BASE has the P10 for order now, right and left hand. Kane has a lot of variations on it, but that's the Ur-Kane-Pro. Then you also don't have to splurge to satisfy custom/minimum order requirements.

I was wondering this or for a few blades.  It' an old retail curve so could be popular to add to the line up.  Rounding the toe makes it a ot better

Base added it to their line up.