Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kgbeast

Detroit Red Wings 17-18

Call me weird, but I like to watch Red Wings play. I think they play pretty fancy which probably the reason they strughle, but very entertaining to watch. There are some teams that hard for me to watch and I just have to fast forward quite a lot, but with Red Wings not the case, even though, apparently, they are the oldest in age average in nhl. 

Another thing I noticed, they are probably second in empty seats after Panthers, unless the games I have watched happen to be low in attendance for one reason or another.

They’re definitely better than I expected them to be, but that’s still a low bar. They really need to push for a rebuild. Some good prospects and they need to add to that pool.

1 hour ago, Kgbeast said:

Call me weird, but I like to watch Red Wings play. I think they play pretty fancy which probably the reason they strughle, but very entertaining to watch. There are some teams that hard for me to watch and I just have to fast forward quite a lot, but with Red Wings not the case, even though, apparently, they are the oldest in age average in nhl. 

Another thing I noticed, they are probably second in empty seats after Panthers, unless the games I have watched happen to be low in attendance for one reason or another.

They mostly struggle because they've gone a great many years without drafting in the front end of the draft. I don't really think they are struggling this year, so much as they are slightly exceeding my expectations on the season, so far.  Luckily Holland has drafted well in my opinion these last 5 or 6 years, and the team is starting to get stocked with some younger talent, but we still lack the top end currently and have no true first line, as Z is aging, and the guys that are paired with him aren’t first line caliber generally. Larkin, Mantha, and AA have a chance to get to that level, but not elite quite yet.

As far as attendance is concerned, the arena is brand new, and has many clubs/restaurants/things to see in the concourse and surrounding areas, so the seats at times appear more "unsold" than they actually are. I spent a good half a period looking at some of the memorabilia setup during the last game I attended, but it was probably their worst game so far this season. I feel that after some time, the newness will wear off a bit and the seats will look less empty during games.