Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JimmyTheDriver

Pacific Rink "Player" Bag - so nice.

I'd been eyeing one of these for years, but $200 was just too much.  Finally asked for, and received one for Christmas.  It wasn't as exciting as getting a new stick or skates, but it was pretty close.  This is a really nice bag, even at $200.  Nicely organizes everything, no dopey wheels, clean branding, durable feel, removable dirty gear bag.  Overall, just a great bag.

https://www.pacificrink.com/products/player-bag?variant=12279208646

mCm8FNyl.jpg

$200? Man. That's steep for a hockey bag. Not worthy the money in my opinion. Conceptually, it makes sense for those who feel the need to have their hockey bag as organized as an office desk. The price point is prohibitive to most I'd assume.

Not sure why it reads like that, people post about product satisfaction all the time.  If this was a stick, and I said I loved the flex  profile, would that be different? Just haven't read much in the way of bags around here.

Ah well. 

-Jim

Have a guy I play with that recently picked one up.  I’ll have to give it a closer look, just saw it across the locker room, didn’t even know it had the separate compartments. 

Yeah, I just recently picked one up after eyeing it for a while. Got a sweet deal because a LHS was having a fire sale. All product that survived the fire was 50-70% off. Haven't used it yet because my current bag still has some life in it. But just from goofing around with it, my initial impressions is that it's quality construction. It's made from a heavier material than my $50-100 bags. So it should last longer. My bags recently have only been lasting 2 or three seasons compared to 5 seasons plus for my older bags of the same price. 

I need all the different compartments to separate all the stuff I carry around from jerseys to my emergency under armor set to my stick and skate stuff and finding one that fits my needs is a PITA

On a side note, is it me, or is hockey equipment in general just not last as long as it used to? I bought gloves six months ago, and they're already developing holes in the palms. Any way, I digress. 

3 hours ago, JimmyTheDriver said:

Not sure why it reads like that, people post about product satisfaction all the time.  If this was a stick, and I said I loved the flex  profile, would that be different? Just haven't read much in the way of bags around here.

Ah well. 

-Jim

You don't need a bag to play hockey. You do need a stick. 

5 hours ago, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

$200? Man. That's steep for a hockey bag. Not worthy the money in my opinion. Conceptually, it makes sense for those who feel the need to have their hockey bag as organized as an office desk. The price point is prohibitive to most I'd assume.

My current bag is as organized as my office desk. My bag is just a bunch of stuff piled up, just like my desk. Perfect.

It does seem to be the right bag for someone who has OCD.

1 hour ago, Davideo said:

My current bag is as organized as my office desk. My bag is just a bunch of stuff piled up, just like my desk. Perfect.

It does seem to be the right bag for someone who has OCD.

You and me both. Thankfully, I don't have OCD. Been using the same bag since 2004 and I've gotten by okay. 

8 hours ago, puckpilot said:

Yeah, I just recently picked one up after eyeing it for a while. Got a sweet deal because a LHS was having a fire sale. All product that survived the fire was 50-70% off. Haven't used it yet because my current bag still has some life in it. But just from goofing around with it, my initial impressions is that it's quality construction. It's made from a heavier material than my $50-100 bags. So it should last longer. My bags recently have only been lasting 2 or three seasons compared to 5 seasons plus for my older bags of the same price. 

I need all the different compartments to separate all the stuff I carry around from jerseys to my emergency under armor set to my stick and skate stuff and finding one that fits my needs is a PITA

On a side note, is it me, or is hockey equipment in general just not last as long as it used to? I bought gloves six months ago, and they're already developing holes in the palms. Any way, I digress. 

Nice man! My old bag lasted me 10+ years.  And it was half as durable feeling as this.  

But just remember the wise words of our fellow contributors - you don't need a bag to play hockey. So when all else fails, just duct tape all your equipment together into a big ball, sling it over your shoulder, and hobble to the rink.

-Jim

9 hours ago, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

You don't need a bag to play hockey. You do need a stick. 

You may not "need" one, but everyone here has one. So in that regard, it's fairly vital. 

That being said, 200.00 outprices me. I max out at around 90.00 for a bag. That other 110.00 can go towards a closeout stick or gloves. 

Not sure why the negative under tone when someone is excited about an expensive product. Guys on my team get chirped for spending $200+ on a stick or any nice gear general for that matter. Hating on someone for buying or valuing nice things (just cause you don’t) doesn’t make sense to me. 

As someone with OCD , I’ve had my eye on that but I currently like my backpack with wheels.  

Anyway that bag looks sweet. Enjoy! 

Howdy,

Bag looks cool.  I can't see spending $200 on it, but then when I started a couple years ago I thought driving an hour one way to play somewhere at 10pm was freaking stupid too.

:-)

I'd love to play with one and see how my stuff packed into it.  My hockey pants are the biggest PITA... Easton Pro15's.  Love the pants but they're basically uncompressible tanks, so getting them to fit if they need to fold at all is hard / impossible.

Mark

1 hour ago, OzziesDad said:

You may not "need" one, but everyone here has one. So in that regard, it's fairly vital. 

That being said, 200.00 outprices me. I max out at around 90.00 for a bag. That other 110.00 can go towards a closeout stick or gloves. 

My point is that you could get dressed at home (no need for a hockey bag). You could use a large duffel bag (no need for a hockey bag). You could use a heavy duty trash bag (no need for a hockey bag). Not too many substitutes for a hockey stick. Regardless, $200 is steep. One can't deny that.

1 hour ago, ryanmonty said:

Not sure why the negative under tone when someone is excited about an expensive product. Guys on my team get chirped for spending $200+ on a stick or any nice gear general for that matter. Hating on someone for buying or valuing nice things (just cause you don’t) doesn’t make sense to me. 

As someone with OCD , I’ve had my eye on that but I currently like my backpack with wheels.  

Anyway that bag looks sweet. Enjoy! 

Please don't misconstrue critiquing the price point versus hating the user. $200 is steep for the least influential item one can own in regards to on-ice performance. People can spend their own money any way they want to. If you want to make your personal items public to MSH, be prepared for feedback. Nothing I've said has been personal towards the OP. I'm pointing out a fact that most people in hockey would agree with. 

4 minutes ago, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

My point is that you could get dressed at home (no need for a hockey bag). You could use a large duffel bag (no need for a hockey bag). You could use a heavy duty trash bag (no need for a hockey bag). Not too many substitutes for a hockey stick. Regardless, $200 is steep. One can't deny that.

Please don't misconstrue critiquing the price point versus hating the user. $200 is steep for the least influential item one can own in regards to on-ice performance. People can spend their own money any way they want to. If you want to make your personal items public to MSH, be prepared for feedback. Nothing I've said has been personal towards the OP. I'm pointing out a fact that most people in hockey would agree with. 

All good. Easy to misunderstand tone in text. I can agree $200 is a bit pricey. I’d pay it though if it was the perfect bag for me. 

I just get a little defensive when as I hear a lot of guys I play with / against get put down for their new gear they are excited about. 

7 minutes ago, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

MSH is for us nerds who getting excited over a bag that will hold smelly equipment and a stick that will break in 6 months haha. The good thing is that there is a options and price points for everyone.

Amen!  We can all agree - its a slick bag, and a bit expensive.  Hopefully it holds up as long as my old Mission bag did.  As a dude with a baby, I find myself spending more on my hobbies than actually playing/participating in them.  There is something therapeutic about it I suppose, acting like I'm still a super active hockey player.  My gear is the best its ever been... and I'm playing the least I have in 10 years.

Expensive bags is all I got lol - don't take this from me.

Howdy,

I always say that my only advantage in hockey, having started so late, is that I can afford to spend whatever the fuck I want to on hockey gear.  :-)

Mark

1 minute ago, marka said:

Howdy,

I always say that my only advantage in hockey, having started so late, is that I can afford to spend whatever the fuck I want to on hockey gear.  :-)

Mark

Lol... story of my life these days.  Although mine is more rust, not a late start.  Showing up to weekly pickup with s190 skates, True xc9, sick helmet, new $200 cadillac bag, and no skill.

33 minutes ago, marka said:

Howdy,

Mark

44 minutes ago, JimmyTheDriver said:

Amen!  We can all agree - its a slick bag, and a bit expensive.  Hopefully it holds up as long as my old Mission bag did.  As a dude with a baby, I find myself spending more on my hobbies than actually playing/participating in them.  There is something therapeutic about it I suppose, acting like I'm still a super active hockey player.  My gear is the best its ever been... and I'm playing the least I have in 10 years.

Expensive bags is all I got lol - don't take this from me.

I hear ya with the kids. Also being a bit older. I can afford stuff my parents and I never could. So I’m spoiling myself now. 

I don’t have a problem with the price of it’s worth it. I don’t remember what the Mammoth bag retails for but I recall it being expensive but worth every penny. 

As a goalie, the Grit bags are also super expensive and also totally worth it. 

I care much more about value than price.

On 12/28/2017 at 3:55 PM, Buzz_LightBeer said:

Both the bag and pond bag are very nice, but for that price, I'd prefer it to be made domestically.

Several friends have the player bag and tell me its well worth the money

I wonder how much the bag would be if they weren't based in California with their business tax rate, cost of living, etc. If they were in a low cost state like Indiana, I would venture to guess that they could retail the bag at $150 which would produce much less sticker shock.