Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Monsoon

Airblade hockey sticks

11 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Why ask for opinions if you're just going to buy it anyway?

Hey IP. I wasn't going to buy it. With an email conversation with Richard, I figured I have nothing to lose. He convinced me that the money back guarantee was solid. And with that email it wouldn't be a problem getting a refund through my credit card company if there were any issues. Initially I want going to buy it though

On 1/1/2018 at 5:46 PM, Davideo said:

Air resistance is a minor component of a minority shot type. It's like saying a skate is better because it's been sharpened a few dozen times and so has less steel and is therefore lighter. There are so many other, and more important factors in a stick to a shot, and of course other shot types. And any comparisons of the airblade stick to another stick are pretty much worthless. If you are using the same shaft then the comparison potentially gets interesting.

I find the claims that the honeycomb pattern allows for better feel and for better structural integrity and prevention of blade breakdown to be a much more interesting claim, personally.

This guy gets it.

On 1/1/2018 at 7:12 PM, puckpilot said:

You're 100% right.

What's really making my face scrunch up from that is they say this is a player that's known for his shot with offers to play college and AHL. So when a player with pedigree like that shoots muffins, something doesn't feel right. With a regular stick his slapshot is 98 kph. That's 60 mph. I shoot that fast with my wrist and snapshots, and I am about as far from that level as one can get.

So when they say he's known for his shot, do they mean his poor shot, or is that guy taking it easy with the regular stick to put on a better show? My skeptic radar makes me wonder if he isn't also taking it easy with the airblade, too. If they want people to mistake kph for mph 98 and 119 make for better looking and believable numbers than, say, 130 or 140. But that's just me wildly speculating without any proof..

I have no idea how effective that blade truly is, but lots of red flags and concerns that would make me stay away until more solid info is available.

And I agree, that the puck feel and blade durability claims are more interesting than the increase in shot velocity.

Ffs 60 mph? I shot clappers that fast, clocked at an MSH event. And I can't shoot to save my life. Lolol.