Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
bl4

Graf Skates

I know there are a bunch of threads about the demise of Graf Canada, but I was curious if anyone had any insight re: whether Graf is making a comeback.  They seem to be (at least somewhat) active on social media, but it looks like they're just focused on custom orders, and the only website I can find is the Swiss one.  Any idea if those of us in the States might be able to buy Grafs again in the near future?

Vaughn Hockey has bought the majority of Graf Canada’s assets. Now only time will tell what will happen with the once iconic brand name.

11 hours ago, bl4 said:

I know there are a bunch of threads about the demise of Graf Canada, but I was curious if anyone had any insight re: whether Graf is making a comeback.  They seem to be (at least somewhat) active on social media, but it looks like they're just focused on custom orders, and the only website I can find is the Swiss one.  Any idea if those of us in the States might be able to buy Grafs again in the near future?

Have you seen grafhockey.com? That's the Canadian-based operation. Looks to be somewhat recently updated (still says ©2017). According to their contact form, there is an office in Michigan to compliment the one in London, Ontario.

Though there are surely many more former Graf dealers than there are current ones, Westside Skate and Stick in NYC still carries Graf, so there is some hope out there:

Hopefully that contact form/number for The States on Graf's website can point you to any local dealers in your area. Otherwise, you can find the closest ones and see if they can help. If you've worn Graf skates in the past it might not be difficult to get what you're looking for from afar.

3 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

They’re delaying the inevitable. 

11 hours ago, bl4 said:

www.grafhockey.com

I have read in one of their fb replies that you can order their skates from Hockeymonkey.com [as special order]. I am pretty sure Vaughn keeps a limited stock and you get them pretty fast. Looks like they are staying as a boutique, so unless they regain some popularity, they will remain away from store shelves (similar to VH) and perhaps concentrate on custom side. It is kind of cool that you can order a pair of good old Supra 705 made out of carbon-fiber or Curv or some of the less common and newer composites. Or alternatively get a pair of PKs made out of leather while keeping today's foams and liners, cut the boots higher, make shorter or longer tongue, add v-notches, embroidery...

I only know of 1 dealer in Montreal that sells all or most Graf models (I had to dig on google to find them). I just picked up a pair of 709's this week. I hope they get back on their feet and attempt to reclaim the glory they had in the first decade of this century. So far, these 709's are best fitted skates I have ever owned. 

I'm suprised that Irvine, CA would be stocking Graf skates before their flagship store in Dallas. I was there last month and saw no sign of Graf gear.

8 hours ago, CigarScott said:

I'm suprised that Irvine, CA would be stocking Graf skates before their flagship store in Dallas. I was there last month and saw no sign of Graf gear.

Why?  Irvine is their #1 store sales wise...

• Like 2

I am hoping to find a local place to get fitted for Graf skates but thus far, it is a no go. I don’t want to travel to a Monkey store *just* to get a pair of skates fitted. 

I want old school leather. VH/True have been okay, but I frankly miss the feel and wrap of the old leather boots.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bunnyman666 said:

I am hoping to find a local place to get fitted for Graf skates but thus far, it is a no go. I don’t want to travel to a Monkey store *just* to get a pair of skates fitted. 

I want old school leather. VH/True have been okay, but I frankly miss the feel and wrap of the old leather boots.

I think anywhere that is a Vaughn dealer can order them. Also, did you call their office up in Detroit? They can usually give you a name of a shop that can help you.

12 minutes ago, CigarScott said:

I think anywhere that is a Vaughn dealer can order them. Also, did you call their office up in Detroit? They can usually give you a name of a shop that can help you.

I did email, and they sent me to a PIAS (?!?). 

I may try Diluted Hockey. 

Ah, haha. I keep forgetting about PIAS.

I enjoyed going to all three Pure Hockey's in St. Louis. I got really good service from the Kirkwood store. I would shoot them an email. The email address from each store is on their site and seem to only be checked by the store manager so you don't have to worry about reaching some high school kid who won't do crap for you.

On 7/31/2018 at 9:40 AM, CigarScott said:

Hockey Monkey was born in Orange County, California many years ago...

• Like 1