Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Circa6683

CCM Trigger 2 stick review??

In the market for a new stick and was looking for any type of review on the new CCM Trigger 2. I know there were some blade/toe issues on last years models. I've watched the youtube "CCM" rep reviews and they all say it has been addressed, but would like some feedback from someone who isn't paid to sell product. Thanks

I had a Trigger2 Pro Stock. Took a couple of games and I had a split in the top of the blade near the hosel. Wasn’t crazy about the stick. Felt good in the hands but shots lacked punch. 75 flex C Shaft P28. 

Be careful with Pro Stock. You need to know what to look for to know what you’re getting. There are plenty of vendors that advertise a stick as a certain stick but if you read the pro Stock language you know it is not what it’s advertised to be. 

I like a stiffer blade, and CCM says that their SuperTacks 2.0 line has the stiffest blade, so I went with another 7092 and a new 5092. I loved the 7092 (put up a review here), just needed a higher flex so I got an 85. I should have gone up to 95, but they were out of stock when I ordered, so I got a 95 flex 5092 (the $100 model) and cannot believe how good the stick feels. Fast release, hard shots, and good puck feel. 

My Tacks 2.0 plays stiffer than it is... probably the blade so I agree.  From what I was told by a CCM rep though the blade on the 2.0 is not the same blade as the 7052.  That is, I think...., the old Ultra Tacks blade.  Not sure which blade they used in the Trigger.