Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CHIP39

Jetspeed vs the Jetspeed 300

I’m looking for new skates coming from the ccm crazy lights. I feel like it’s a better deal to spend 400$ on the older Jetspeed a than the equivalent from the current line. Problem is the stores around me only have the 300 in my size. Should I contain the search or settle for the 300s. The crazy lights could probably make it until Christmas next year but it would be nice. 

Are the 300s comparable to my crazy lights? Should I save up and hit up the new line?   Should I look into another brand? Bauer I feel like never has stuff on sale 

I have both. Top end boot for inline and the 300 for ice (I don't make it out of the ice near enough to justify buying the top end ones). I was pretty surprised how close they feel in quality. I feel like the top end boot is a little stiffer and more protective, but not enough that I've noticed a huge difference.

I'm also, ironically, a much better ice skater than inline skater so I'm not sure if that plays a role on my judgment or not.

If the older Jetspeeds are discounted in price yes. For example the Jetspeed is $329 here, and way better than the $300 of the current model. The 290 is $250 and again better than the current $250 skate.