Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

17 hours ago, LHD1215 said:

Just picked up a pair of the FZ-0. I got a great price and my old jets were showing some signs of breaking down. Coming from the NLS1 I’m not sure how significant of an improvement they are. With that said, they do feel great even though I did not have the chance to bake them. Skated for two hours right out of the box and zero discomfort. In fact, I could probably wear them all day, but that was the same feeling I had with the NLS1. One thing I do like are the gel pads inside the boot by your ankle bone. Not that I had a problem with the old material in the NLS1, but these are a bit more comfy. We’ll see how they hold up! 

how is fit compared to nls1?   thanks!

53 minutes ago, wetwilly17 said:

how is fit compared to nls1?   thanks!

I’ve worn the skate only once, but from my experience so far I would say it’s nearly identical to the NLS1 in terms of the fit. I had the exact same experience when I first purchased the NLS1 in terms of out of the box, not baking them and just feeling like I could wear them all day long with 0 pain. The only difference I feel they are a little bit more comfortable with the additional of the gel padding on the ankle bone. Other than that, its nearly identical. If you have the NLS1 and like them, I would say you could transition to these with no problems at all. I’m not much of a review guy, but I hope that helps! Lol 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, LHD1215 said:

I’ve worn the skate only once, but from my experience so far I would say it’s nearly identical to the NLS1 in terms of the fit. I had the exact same experience when I first purchased the NLS1 in terms of out of the box, not baking them and just feeling like I could wear them all day long with 0 pain. The only difference I feel they are a little bit more comfortable with the additional of the gel padding on the ankle bone. Other than that, its nearly identical. If you have the NLS1 and like them, I would say you could transition to these with no problems at all. I’m not much of a review guy, but I hope that helps! Lol 

Where are you located and how much were they?

My son tried these out this past weekend and concurred on the out of the box comfort was phenomenal and the XRD memory foam was a very innovative addition to the line. 

Post baking was more of the same, very comfortable light skate, more ice like ...

Coming over from a CCM Jetspeed inline skate, the biggest take away, other than comfort was the lightness of the skate, at least 100 grams lighter, yet stiffer and a better skate.

Ascetics are mostly individual, but he loves the look as do most of his friends, which is the point :)

I think they have a winner on their hands with the FZ0. 

Hey Gentleman I got my fz-0s last week and I've skated in them once for about two hours without baking them.  

They are so comfortable but my right footbed was sliding a little and it was annoying to feel my toes creep over the front.  Anyone had the same issue and or should I try maybe some double sided tape to keep them from sliding?

I called inline warehouse and they said to send the foot beds back, but I'd rather at least try to resolve the problem.  

yes they are expensive but I just don't have it in me to just send something back right away.  

Any tips would help! 

thanks 

On 3/5/2019 at 2:42 PM, bazzle67 said:

Hey Gentleman I got my fz-0s last week and I've skated in them once for about two hours without baking them.  

They are so comfortable but my right footbed was sliding a little and it was annoying to feel my toes creep over the front.  Anyone had the same issue and or should I try maybe some double sided tape to keep them from sliding?

I called inline warehouse and they said to send the foot beds back, but I'd rather at least try to resolve the problem.  

yes they are expensive but I just don't have it in me to just send something back right away.  

Any tips would help! 

thanks 

I didn't have that issue, but I ditched the stock footbed after the first skate in favor of the first generation Bauer Speed Plates. That would drive me crazy though. Maybe some tape, but you shouldn't have to do that with a $950 skate. Good luck. 

Thanks the response.  I actually called inline warehouse and they are sending me the speed plate 2.0 for free. I’m hoping after a good bake that will fix the issue 

I as well just received mine yesterday and skated last night on them. 

Pros:

Fit was great. Nice and light. 

Great aesthetic.

Been waiting since AC1's for a design like this so over all love the skates. 

Cons:

Shell didn't feel as stiff ad my vapors.

Footbed slide. Had to add a small piece of reverse tape under the footbed to lock it in place. 

Labeda wheels. While the color is nice. Multiple wheels had air bubbles, core to exterior wheel pours offset by 1/8 inch. Poor product QA on a premium product like this. I ended up puting my Bones Swiss bearings and Konix Pures back on. 

• Like 1

On 3/13/2019 at 9:05 AM, Reapers said:

I as well just received mine yesterday and skated last night on them. 

Pros:

Fit was great. Nice and light. 

Great aesthetic.

Been waiting since AC1's for a design like this so over all love the skates. 

Cons:

Shell didn't feel as stiff ad my vapors.

Footbed slide. Had to add a small piece of reverse tape under the footbed to lock it in place. 

Labeda wheels. While the color is nice. Multiple wheels had air bubbles, core to exterior wheel pours offset by 1/8 inch. Poor product QA on a premium product like this. I ended up puting my Bones Swiss bearings and Konix Pures back on. 

Yeah I was checking a pair out and found the same thing, stiffness wasn’t there compared to the 1Xr.

My current 1Xr’s are only 6 months old but I’m likely going to upgrade to the 2Xr later this year(google 2X)

I also changed out the bearings, Although I am a tad OCD when it comes to the bearing spin test and I am coming from Bones Super Swiss, I always, ALWAYS have issues with Mission bearings. 

Also we did have an air bubble or two in our wheels as well, probably chalk that up to rushing the product out and limited supply of wheels, but that plus the bearings make me want for a custom skate option, where you can select your bearings and wheels would be a nice option. 

I just picked up a pair of NLS2s on clearance since inline hockey is 20 minutes from my house & I'm taking a break from the 4 hour round trip to place ice. They fit description made them sound similar to Bauer Supreme skates so I purchased the same size & width as my Supreme S180 ice skates - the fit is almost identical, in my opinion. My previous skates were Mission RPMs from like 2000-2001 & they had really started to deteriorate in the last few months. The new skates are so much lighter & the features are very similar to the RPMs with newer technology. So far, I love them. I baked them at home following the included instructions, but am hoping to get them in an actual shop's skate oven since it didn't give me as good of a wrap/fit as I think an actual skate oven could. Just my 2 cents after 3 skates in them, I hope they hold up like my previous pair.

4 hours ago, voxyledbetter said:

@LoneStar77

did the same and picked up the nls2.  Wasn’t a big fan of the new color scheme. It took about 6 or 7 skates after baking them at home for them to tighten down. 

My old skates had a bunch of silver, black, & some purple so these are okay by me. Plus, features & stiffness are way more important to me than color/design anyway. I'm about 99% positive that the NLS2s were a bit cheaper than the RPMs too, which was nice (of course that is only because they were on clearance).

I found an online pic of the Mission RPM skates...

i had the mission rpms also, i loved those skates except for the mini bearings that they came with.  im glad that trend died.  i miss that style of skate, where the boot would completely wrap your ankle but then flex more.

On 4/5/2019 at 9:31 PM, wetwilly17 said:

i had the mission rpms also, i loved those skates except for the mini bearings that they came with.  im glad that trend died.  i miss that style of skate, where the boot would completely wrap your ankle but then flex more.

I think I changed wheels & bearings almost immediately, but that was due more to the surface I played regularly on did not jive well with the wheels the skates shipped with (they were too soft or at least I preferred harder wheels back then). I am also glad the mini-bearing trend died.

Edited by LoneStar77

So just to provide an update to this, we ended up having a similar issue to the footbed, not 100% sure why, but the included 10.5 footbed, for the size 9 skate feels a half size too small.  

It slides back and forth with just a gentle finger motion, so certainly heel lock could be effected.   I contacted IW, and they took care of it, as they do everything else, truly great customer service. 

I want to buy this skate but in my town i dont have the chance to try them out. On ice, i got the bauer 1s size 8 EE, and i see that the fz 0 have only size E. How should they fit ? thanks

Edited by odionne1

Fz-3s came in today but didn’t have any baking instructions. What’s the recommended time? Old skates were alkalis think it was  11 minutes, everything I seen online was 6-8.