Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bunka416

Pro Stock Warrior Covert QRL pants size question

I'm hearing the pro stock Warrior Covert QRL pants might run larger, but I'm also hearing they actually might fit smaller than the retail.

At 5'9" 155-160lbs... 32" waist 30" inseam.  Anyone have any recent experience with this pro stock model?

Opinion on whether I ought to go medium, or small, or small +1, perhaps, in these pants?

Cheers.

I have the QRL Pro Stock pants in a Large and they fit good but maybe a tad too large on me.  I am 5'9", I weigh 200 lbs. and my waist measures 37.25" with a seamstress' tape measure and my hips measure 40.25".  Depending on the pants, I wear a size 34 or 36.  I wear a lot of the Carhartt carpenter style pants and those are in a 36.  I like the way the pants fit and are super beefy but the only thing I'm not crazy about is the tailbone pad.  When I cinch down the belt at the waist, it kind of bunches the tailbone pad and pants up and is kind of annoying.  I've gotten used to it but that's why I say they may be a tad large on me.  Hope this helps.

Cool - thanks gents. That definitely helps. I'm probably just in between an Medium and a Small. Damn. Though the guy at prostockhockey.com recommended I go with the Medium - apparently the QRLs are a little more snug than others.

Cheers.

I'm 6'2" 190lbs usually wear 33-34 pants, my previous pants were Bauer apx2 in a large and those were a hair big in the waist. I went with with pro stock qrl and I got a medium +1" and they're a great fit, even requiring me to tie them as tight as possible and crank down on the belt (internal belt in these is questionable) if I were between sizes on these I'd go the size down from my experience but I'm sure the guys at pro stock hockey know better than I do

Oh boy. My intuition was heading toward the small... but doubt crept in and I opted to trust the pro stock guy. This should be interesting. Well - the mediums arrive next Thursday, so we'll see. Haha. Thanks for the POV. I will probably report back just in case anyone else is searching for answers.

PSH tends to be pretty good with customer service. If you get them and the mediums are just too big, call them and let them know and see what they can do. 

I'm basically the same size as the OP and I had medium QRL pants. I personally like the fit of CCM pants more, but that's just personal preference. The Coverts in med fit just fine.

On 1/20/2018 at 1:39 PM, Giraffe14 said:

Is the padding in the pro stock version beefier than the retail pants, or about the same?

I've never had the retail version but I can say that the pro stock ones that I have are tanks.  I was in Bauer Supreme One90's prior to my Warriors and the Warriors I feel is much more protective and padded than my Supreme's.  When I put my Warriors in my bag, they don't fold or compress like my Supreme's do and they are more rigid.

On 1/21/2018 at 4:55 PM, FlyChicaga said:

I'm basically the same size as the OP and I had medium QRL pants. I personally like the fit of CCM pants more, but that's just personal preference. The Coverts in med fit just fine.

How would you describe the difference in fit?

14 hours ago, Iggy Z said:

How would you describe the difference in fit?

I use CCM HP45X, and they fit more snug in the waist because it's an external belt. So it pulls the hip pads tight against the body. The internal belt in the QRL makes it tight around the waist and a little looser on the hips, so it's a different feeling, it almost feels like the pants will fall off even though they won't. If that makes sense. I like my pants snug in the waist and a loose open leg, so with the QRLs I was pulling the belt tight and undoing the leg zippers.

I think the mediums might be just a tad too big for 30" inseam. 5'9"... 160lbs.  I just bit the bullet and ordered the small to compare... if they fit, looks like big brother is getting a nice pair of medium pants for his b-day.

UPDATE: Small fits perfect. Right length, for 30" inseam... fits just right around the 32" waist.

Admittedly, if you're 32" inseam and a 32-34 waist, go for the medium. I'm probably at the upper limit for the small size.