Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GunRunner

9K Girdle Sizing

I am 5'9" and weigh 200 lbs. and I'm trying to figure out what size 9K girdle I would need.  I've read where they run a little on the small side and didn't know if an XL would be too big. I have worn both Bauer Supreme pants and I'm in Warrior QRL pro stock pants now an both of those are size Large.  Thanks I'm advance, I've never worn a girdle and only pants. 

Depends how large you are around the waist and butt. I'm a 36" waist with no hips / small butt and wear a medium and its snug on me although I do wear a pair of NFL padded compression shorts underneath. Medium CCM pro girdle and Bauer MX3 pants fitted me comfortably with room to spare. I could have easily worn a large 9k but none were available when I was looking for them hence I got a medium and have got used to a snug fit. My son is around a 34" waist and wears a 9k medium and they are about right for him. They do run smaller than Bauer or Warrior retail pants so an XL would not be that large on you unless you are swimming in the pants you currently have. Your only issue will be the leg length but with a 9k they are adjustable in length by about 2" and you could get more with some small modifications by restitching the velcro. You won't be disappointed, still one of the best protective pieces of gear around even when compared against current offerings. 

Thanks for the info, and I forgot to mention how I carry my weight. I wear a 34"-36" pant depending on the pant. My jeans are typically 34" but I mostly wear Carhartt cargo style pants and those are 36".  I would say the majority of my weight is carried in the butt, hips, and legs. I can only wear certain style pants because most will stop at my upper thigh and hips and I can't get them the rest the way on. 

Don't know if this helps but I just used one of those soft tape measures like a seamstress would use and got these measurements.

Waist - 37.25"

Hips - 40.25"

Thighs - 23"

I'm 5'9" 160 lbs 32-33" waist  and a large fits a little loose.  A medium would probably be snug.  So in your case, I'd go minimum Large, with a XL fitting a little looser.