Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SILVER82

looking for experience with the P30 curve

Pretty much what the title says.  

I currently use the P29 curve and have only ever used this curve.  I'm interested in trying a new curve and have been looking at the P30.  Does anyone have experience with going from a P29 to P30?  If it wasn't so dame expensive to buy a new stick I would just go buy one but the P30 only is available around here in the 300 plus sticks.

In the youtube reviews I have been able to find about the stick it talks only about shooting with it.  How is this stick during passing and backhands?

Any opinions welcome 

Thank you  

One more question.  Is the Bauer P14 the closet thing to the CCM P30 from any other manufacture?  Before people start saying why dont you just go into a store and try them.  I don't live anywhere close to a store that carries anything but wooden sticks.  

its fairly close to the p14, but its definitely as advertised, a p88 with a toe kink. the blade feels shorter because of the toe kink . its even more rockered than the p88 because of the toe. it, generally speaking, feels like a less aggressive p88. 

passing its the same as the p88, unless you're weird and pass with the toe. same with backhands, which i actually noticed because one of the strengths of the p88 is the mild curve which gives you a lot more real estate to load up a backhand, so i felt a drop with my backhands because the p30 has less blade on account of the toe. if you don't roll the puck off your stick on your backhands you won't notice as much. 

also the p30 should be available on the 7092 which is in the middle price point. 

I love the P30; have it on a 5092 (the $100 price point), and for once I feel like I have the perfect curve (as in when I miss, I know it was "my fault," and not a disconnect between my mechanics and the properties of the blade). Toe pull wristers are great. Passing is good; very easy to saucer if necessary off of both the fore and backhands. The best part is pushing the puck forward on the backhand when accelerating with only the top hand on the stick. The puck fits perfectly in a little nook between the heel and the mid blade, coupled with the Tacks 2.0 line's (I have only used 7092/5092 and both are ideal) feel = magic.

As far as comparisons to P14, yea that may be closest but it is a very different blade (it is impossible for me to adjust my mechanics to any other blade for all aspects- I can use certain blades for certain aspects of the game, but overall I am hapless with a P14 and kinda ok with a P30 in hand).

Thank you for your feed back.  Exactly what I was looking for.  I will look at finding a 7092 stick in my area.  I have found them online but most online stores only give me the option of an in store purchase.  

I thought I would offer a bit of an update for anyone else looking at the P30 curve. 

unbelievably I was able to find a P30 curve in one of my local shops.  Out of curiosity I dropped into a used sports store and they had only 5 new sticks for sale, and to my surprise one of them was a CCM ribcore pro 75 P30 for 100 bucks.  

I have only played twice with this stick but my first impressions are really good.  First the Curve.  It is a bit smaller of a blade than my previous P29 curve.  So far it hasn't been an issue but it was one of the first things I noticed.  One benefit of this has been stick handling has felt quicker, obviously it could all be in my head.  Shooting has felt very similarly to the P29 on the fore hand.  The blade has a larger flat spot from the the heel to the middle and I have noticed the difference on back hands.  it is a strange feeling.  On forehand shots the blade feels smaller but on back hand shots the blade feels bigger.  

The one negative thing I have found might have nothing to do with the curve but is more likely related to the stick.  I notice that the sound the stick makes when shooting is very different from my other sticks.  the stick makes a louder hollow sound, while this doesn't effect the shot it is less assuring.  similar to how different golf drivers make different sounds.  That being said this is the highest end stick i have owned so it could be just the result of a lighter stick or just this model. 

These are my initial thoughts that I felt like sharing in case it helps someone else.