Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
IPv6Freely

2017-18 Supplemental Discipline

Article, with video, if anyone haven't seen it yet: https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nhl/2018/02/06/angry-alex-burrows-knees-taylor-hall-twice-helmet/313858002/

38 minutes ago, chippa13 said:

Whatever Burrows gets it will not be enough. 

Absolutely, he's had a long list of Player Safety issues, and this was reckless. I could see / hope for 10 games, but knowing the DPS it's unlikely.

Edited by Jamarquan

Thanks to extra spring in his jump, Cam Fowler overshot his likely suspension and a fine in the failed attempt to ring Dubois bell during Ducks vs. CBJ on Friday night.

Do you guys think that something like that should be looked at by PS and issue some kind of public warning at least instead of waiting and see if he is successful next time. If you are not sure what I am talking about, there is a video on YouTube.

34 minutes ago, Kgbeast said:

Thanks to extra spring in his jump, Cam Fowler overshot his likely suspension and a fine in the failed attempt to ring Dubois bell during Ducks vs. CBJ on Friday night.

Do you guys think that something like that should be looked at by PS and issue some kind of public warning at least instead of waiting and see if he is successful next time. If you are not sure what I am talking about, there is a video on YouTube.

No.

On 1/24/2018 at 5:27 PM, IPv6Freely said:

He could have easily done that without throwing his elbow out. 

Takes away from the game  . I'm all for checking and playing hard .  The goon crap sucks....   I happened to catch a HBO sports and they were talking about CTE . Eric Lindros is suffering from it . I guess there is no fix .      Maybe if the players spent time with fellow players with CTE it may bring some sense to them 

40 minutes ago, Kgbeast said:

Every time he steps on ice, he is ready to dive or jump. I wish he'd just played.

Agreed.. He has the skill to be an elite and clean player.. Completely unnecessary 

crazy to see the difference in reactions the players had going into it. Duclair looks  to try to avoid a collision, and Marchand sees it as a free opportunity to lay a vicious closeline. they really need to give him a substantial suspension one of these times, rather than him getting the All Star treatment.  

I won’t defend Marchand, he lost that right a long time ago. 

However, how anyone thinks that was malicious is beyond me. It’s simply two guys ending up in the same spot on the ice. Both try to avoid a major collision, both players go to the ice. Duclair catches a rut and injures his knee. No contact with the head, no knee on knee, nothing other than the optics to make it warrant any sort of disclpline.

Watch it frame by frame. Lower the shoulder or crouching down would have done way more damage and would have clearly been malcious. 

Edited by stick9
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, stick9 said:

However, how anyone thinks that was malicious is beyond me. It’s simply two guys ending up in the same spot on the ice. Both try to avoid a major collision, both players go to the ice. Duclair catches a rut and injures his knee. No contact with the head, no knee on knee, nothing other than the optics to make it warrant any sort of disclpline.

Watch it frame by frame. Lower the shoulder or crouching down would have done way more damage and would have clearly been malcious. 

... he closelined him. If he keeps his arm where it is, Duclair maybe falls over, there is no violent change in direction. Its just another case of Marchand seeing a chance to inflict damage. 

theres absolutely no reason for marchands arm to go near Duclairs head here. That's not the proper way to avoid a collision. 

Edited by Stewie

33 minutes ago, Stewie said:

... he closelined him. If he keeps his arm where it is, Duclair maybe falls over, there is no violent change in direction. Its just another case of Marchand seeing a chance to inflict damage. 

theres absolutely no reason for marchands arm to go near Duclairs head here. That's not the proper way to avoid a collision. 

I disagree. In this instance I think he made a conscience effort to make as little contact as possible. Had he kept his arms by his side, his shoulder or elbow would have made direct contact with Duclairs head.

Hes way past the benefit of the doubt but this is what it is. Duclair’s injury was a result of the fall which was going to happen regardless of what Marchand did.

2 hours ago, stick9 said:

I agree that knee was not the target, but he did jump facewashed the guy sending him head first to the ice. There are number of forwards that managed to avoid dozens of hits and collisions every season without punching, tripping, or handwashing anybody. Point of fines and penalties is not only to punish a guy for what he did, but also to discourage him and others doing it in the future. For example next time he dives, not only he, but also his head coach will be fined. With the way Marchand build him a reputation, at this point he should be fined for every time he skates backwards in the offensive zone. Every season, half of this thread about him. 

The only thing that matters here is how the league sees it. Given his reputation the league will certainly look at it. I doubt they do him any favors. 

39 minutes ago, Kgbeast said:

I agree that knee was not the target, but he did jump facewashed the guy sending him head first to the ice. There are number of forwards that managed to avoid dozens of hits and collisions every season without punching, tripping, or handwashing anybody. Point of fines and penalties is not only to punish a guy for what he did, but also to discourage him and others doing it in the future. For example next time he dives, not only he, but also his head coach will be fined. With the way Marchand build him a reputation, at this point he should be fined for every time he skates backwards in the offensive zone. Every season, half of this thread about him. 

Half this thread is about Marchand every season because some just have a hard on for the guy. Does he do some sketchy stuff? Sure. Is it more than dozens of other guys around the league? No. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

9 minutes ago, chippa13 said:

Half this thread is about Marchand every season because some just have a hard on for the guy. Does he do some sketchy stuff? Sure. Is it more than dozens of other guys around the league? No. 

you can keep telling yourself that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stick9 said:

I disagree. In this instance I think he made a conscience effort to make as little contact as possible. Had he kept his arms by his side, his shoulder or elbow would have made direct contact with Duclairs head.

Hes way past the benefit of the doubt but this is what it is. Duclair’s injury was a result of the fall which was going to happen regardless of what Marchand did.

duclair is taller than marchand, and is upright with his arm bracing. if Marchand doesn't stick his arms up, its shoulder on shoulder, and likely Duclair falls to the side. 

the reason he contacts the head is because he jumps up, and puts both his arms towards Duclairs head. 

Edited by Stewie