Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
IPv6Freely

2017-18 Supplemental Discipline

6 minutes ago, Stewie said:

duclair is taller than marchand, and is upright with his arm bracing. if Marchand doesn't stick his arms up, its shoulder on shoulder, and likely Duclair falls to the side. 

the reason he contacts the head is because he jumps up, and puts both his arms towards Duclairs head. 

Yet it was a knee injury....huh, go figure.

1 minute ago, stick9 said:

Yet it was a knee injury....huh, go figure.

it was a knee injury because the closeline caused him to violently buckle backwards. 

No discipline for Marchand. With his history, that speaks volumes about what the league thought of it. Out today against the Hawks, UBI.

28 minutes ago, Stewie said:

it was a knee injury because the closeline caused him to violently buckle backwards. 

The league disagrees with you, as do I.

It was funny listening to Ferraro trying to explain how he beleived it was a "barely" legal hit. I do think if Carrier didn't straighten up a little before contact that Doughty would have gone thru his shoulder.

It was his "barely grazes the 8 on the sleeve" that I found hilarious. Had he just mentioned how Carrier started to straighten to try and jump inside the contact then he would have sounded intelligent. The way Ferraro stammered through his explanation further cemented my lack of respect for his abilities as a quality analyst.

On 4/16/2018 at 10:21 PM, chippa13 said:

So I'm sure this thread will be flooded with cries to lock up Hedman for his cup check on Hischier. Wait, Hedman isn't a Bruins..........nevermind.

You sound like us Flyers fans haha. Some teams are always under the microscope while others tend to be footnotes. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

You sound like us Flyers fans haha. Some teams are always under the microscope while others tend to be footnotes. 

Some teams also have players who are being fined or suspended on a monthly basis.

• Like 1

There’s no particular Bruins hatred here. The only reason Marchand comes up multiple times in these threads is because he gets multiple fine/suspensions every year, on top of the borderline cases, which is topical for the supplemental discipline thread, since that is supplemental discipline. If the wings had players that continually ended up on those lists, I’d bring them up too. I tend to stay fairly objective in my views on such matters. 

With Marchand in particular, it’s particularly noteworthy due to the fact that he’s a fantastic player I’d otherwise really enjoy, and every absense of his from his teams roster impacts the team more than say someone like Witkowski missing games  that he could’ve been a healthy scratch anyways. Some suspensions just aren’t as noteworthy, even if equally warranted

Edited by Stewie

22 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Some teams also have players who are being fined or suspended on a monthly basis.

Fair enough. I just think that attention should be consistent that's all. If the play is dirty, call that player out. Doesn't matter his history or the logo he dons on his sweater.

Edited by 215BroadStBullies610

2 hours ago, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

Fair enough. I just think that attention should be consistent that's all. If the play is dirty, call that player out. Doesn't matter his history or the logo he dons on his sweater.

Sure and most of us generally do. Of course I’m not going to post something I didn’t see or know about though.