Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Newbie1819

Bauer stick code?

Just saw a Tkachuk stick online and I’m wondering what the third line of letters means. First I believe is his pattern etc, second flex and on the third he has, “RB10JB”. What does that mean? Thanks 

I think it's because the pros use different spec sticks "dressed" as something else. So if it's a 1N it could be an NXG dressed as a 1N. The codes pin point the exact build of the stick. It sucks for us buying the stick after market but it's probably necessary for the manufacturer to differentiate the exact model of the stick. 

13 hours ago, Newbie1819 said:

Why not just write 1N?

Bauer used to use convoluted codes for everything - the newer sticks seem to be trending to listing 1N, etc. when that is the actual stick construction, but that's pretty new. From what I know, RB10JB corresponds to a 1N.

It's been known for quite some time that Bauer acquired Easton's tooling.  When I visited them in Blainville last summer they did say that they were still making them for NHLers.

It makes no sense to pay a licensing fee for Easton's name in the NHL when they no longer have a global (retail/pro) hockey presence.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JR Boucicaut said:

It's been known for quite some time that Bauer acquired Easton's tooling.  When I visited them in Blainville last summer they did say that they were still making them for NHLers.

It makes no sense to pay a licensing fee for Easton's name in the NHL when they no longer have a global (retail/pro) hockey presence.

Yep, I knew they bought the hockey division.  I'm just surprised they haven't rolled everything over to at least being wrapped as Bauer.  Is the licensing fee for the NHL a lot of money?

2 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

I thought I noticed a couple of NHL Bauer sticks with the elliptical taper.

On 4/24/2018 at 12:27 PM, MyBoxersSayJoe said:

Yep, I knew they bought the hockey division.  I'm just surprised they haven't rolled everything over to at least being wrapped as Bauer.  Is the licensing fee for the NHL a lot of money?

I feel like some of these guys probably have some sort of back stock of Easton sticks

On 4/24/2018 at 12:27 PM, MyBoxersSayJoe said:

Yep.  I believe it's 6 figures at this point.  It makes no sense to spend that money to advertise a brand that doesn't have products to sell.  Go back 10 years and Nike/Bauer is a good example.  They still had Nike design product, but it didn't make sense to have Nike and Bauer separate, so they just lumped it all into one brand.

1 hour ago, goalieman39 said:

I feel like some of these guys probably have some sort of back stock of Easton sticks

Yes, most likely the case.  Then they can keep their Easton spec under Bauer the following year.

• Like 1