Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
GoalForFun

Super Tacks AS1 Skates

21 minutes ago, Nicholas G said:

For those wondering what specifics you can choose. Here is the order form.

^ This is not the custom order form.

Below is the actual order form:

y87sRff.png

Not sure where the previous post came from, but I've never seen it before. If you are curious about options, each dealer that has a scanner also got a book explaining each available option. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, R1X3 said:

^ This is not the custom order form.

Below is the actual order form:

y87sRff.png

Not sure where the previous post came from, but I've never seen it before. If you are curious about options, each dealer that has a scanner also got a book explaining each available option. 

I think the first one is the pro order form and yours is the retail, judging as they are not selling the XS holder to retail at all yet.

56 minutes ago, goalieman39 said:

I think the first one is the pro order form and yours is the retail, judging as they are not selling the XS holder to retail at all yet.

It's not the pro order form. I have that one too :) 

• Like 1

On 4/28/2018 at 7:26 AM, JR Boucicaut said:

You can get the boot taller in 3mm increments (up to 9mm) but you can't get them lower.

You can also adjust the stiffness.

They actually can lower the vamping of the boot. It's not done often, but when I contacted the factory, they said they had done it for Jacob Trouba. I had them do it to my FT1's and I am very happy with them. The eyelets are garbage though as they were loose when the skates arrived and then more of them loosened soon thereafter.

• Like 2

What options does it give under ‘boot height?’

Pretty cool that you can specify the stiffness by zones.

I don’t think IW is saying the 9080 is the same skate as McD wears, just the same material spec; different cut though.

McD could wear 652 VakuTacks and still tear up the NHL. In junior he often had current model skates (by appearances at least) and he was still electric from his first game onward.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Chicagodweller said:

So for a Total Custom you'd likely be able to specify a narrower heel for example, and it would be manufactured to that spec in addition to being heat molded with a last made from the 3D scan? That sounds like what I would have wanted.

Yes.  Built from the ground up.

13 hours ago, Jason said:

They actually can lower the vamping of the boot. It's not done often, but when I contacted the factory, they said they had done it for Jacob Trouba. I had them do it to my FT1's and I am very happy with them. The eyelets are garbage though as they were loose when the skates arrived and then more of them loosened soon thereafter.

Ha, I forgot you reached out to me about your custom order - we asked about the facing.  I guess I was too fixated on the form they're using now.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, flip12 said:

What options does it give under ‘boot height?’

Pretty cool that you can specify the stiffness by zones.

I don’t think IW is saying the 9080 is the same skate as McD wears, just the same material spec; different cut though.

McD could wear 652 VakuTacks and still tear up the NHL. In junior he often had current model skates (by appearances at least) and he was still electric from his first game onward.

+3mm boot cut, FT1

+6mm, comfort pad

+9mm, both

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

Yes.  Built from the ground up.

Ha, I forgot you reached out to me about your custom order - we asked about the facing.  I guess I was too fixated on the form they're using now.

Yeah, the form had no option for that. I guess it was a pro option, but I guess I got lucky.

On 5/1/2018 at 4:00 PM, CaptainFranchise said:

So the Tacks 9080 is identical to the old JetSpeed? From the gear sightings thread, I think it’s interesting CCM can’t get McDavid to use their current product (or at least something that looks like their current product).

Wait - is this confirmed? Is the Tacks 9080 the same boot dimensions as the previous Jetspeed? My son needs new skates, the old Jetspeeds fit him perfect but the new FT1's don't seem to... not sure if it's because the ones he tried on weren't baked/broken in or if the FT1 boot is slightly different than the Jetspeed was.

If the new Tacks 9080 is the same as the previous Jetspeed boot, that changes everything and gives me a new option I hadn't considered. Does anyone have definitive info on this? 

colins

39 minutes ago, colins said:

Wait - is this confirmed? Is the Tacks 9080 the same boot dimensions as the previous Jetspeed? My son needs new skates, the old Jetspeeds fit him perfect but the new FT1's don't seem to... not sure if it's because the ones he tried on weren't baked/broken in or if the FT1 boot is slightly different than the Jetspeed was.

If the new Tacks 9080 is the same as the previous Jetspeed boot, that changes everything and gives me a new option I hadn't considered. Does anyone have definitive info on this? 

colins

Pretty sure Tacks are still a different fit from JetSpeed. It’s not that “this is the skate McD wears” but “this skate is the same (material) spec as McD’s,” which is a softer JetSpeed, equivalent to JetSpeed FT380’s but with a composite outsole instead of plastic.

Did the other boots in the current JetSpeed line also fit your son differently? The construction differences between the FT1s’ and the previous top of the JetSpeed line may be to blame. Also, could his feet have changed sizes or volume ratios?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, flip12 said:

Pretty sure Tacks are still a different fit from JetSpeed. It’s not that “this is the skate McD wears” but “this skate is the same (material) spec as McD’s,” which is a softer JetSpeed, equivalent to JetSpeed FT380’s but with a composite outsole instead of plastic.

Did the other boots in the current JetSpeed line also fit your son differently? The construction differences between the FT1s’ and the previous top of the JetSpeed line may be to blame. Also, could his feet have changed sizes or volume ratios?

His feet are still perfect in the 8.5D Jetspeed he's wearing, it's just that they are falling apart (literally).

Ideally I'd like to get a replacement that is an identical boot volume wise / heel / toe, the FT1 didn't seem to be that when he tried on the same 8.5D. We didn't try the other skates in the FT lineup. Perhaps that's what we need to try next.

colins

The OG Jetspeed is still fairly easy to acquire via EBay and old LHS stock. You’ll find a pair if you dig around. 

Edited by Cavs019

5 minutes ago, Cavs019 said:

The OG Jetspeed is still fairly easy to acquire via EBay and old LHS stock. You’ll find a pair if you dig around. 

I've been looking - not the case in Canada at least for an 8.5D based on my searching.

3 hours ago, colins said:

colins

No unbaked skate is going to give you the same feel of fit as one that's been baked and skated in by the player.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, chippa13 said:

No unbaked skate is going to give you the same feel of fit as one that's been baked and skated in by the player.

I get that, but it was an instant 'no this one can't work' when he tried the same size/width of FT1 vs. Jetspeed. I'd be interested in hearing from others who are in Jetspeeds and have tried on the FT1 to compare. I'm definitely going to have a look at some other models in the FT1 lineup and maybe try on the FT1 again just to make sure it wasn't a fluke.

12 minutes ago, chippa13 said:

Did you try going a 1/2 size up or down or try a different width?

I think I remember something about the jetspeed 7.5D being a supreme 8D, and the FT1 going back to being a true 8D like the supreme.   Try 9D FT1 with your son

Correct, the original Jetspeed ran half a size larger than marked, and they went back to matching everyone elses size after that with the SuperTacks and Jetspeed FT1.  @colins definitely have him try going up half a size in the FT1 and see if that feels better.  

Edited by tcraig
phrasing

I wore the OG Jetspeed in a 7D and it fit quite well.  I have a high instep, so most skates are a problem for me.  I tried on several models from the new Jetspeed line in 7.5D and they were all way too shallow, so the answer is yes the new line has changed in volume.  Interestingly enough, I found the current Tacks line to fit very similar to the OG Jetspeed line in terms of width and depth.  Just my 2 cents.

6 hours ago, boo10 said:

I wore the OG Jetspeed in a 7D and it fit quite well.  I have a high instep, so most skates are a problem for me.  I tried on several models from the new Jetspeed line in 7.5D and they were all way too shallow, so the answer is yes the new line has changed in volume.  Interestingly enough, I found the current Tacks line to fit very similar to the OG Jetspeed line in terms of width and depth.  Just my 2 cents.

Same issue with his feet and mine - high insteps. 

Thanks everyone for the feedback - back to the shop we go to try on some more skates/sizes.

colins

On 4/30/2018 at 8:09 PM, Chicagodweller said:

My understanding is that a full custom is molded the same way after it is constructed with the specified changes to materials. Is that what you were told as well? The only reservation I have about the AS1s that are coming is that the heel will still remain too wide.

Lets hope that the 3D mold as shown in the video actually produces a result expected of a "custom" fitting boot. Now that I see how its done I feel a little skeptical. Does anyone have insight to process that True does to shape the boot to the 3D scans?

It is different for sure. The thing I find really funny (and I'm glad CCM has done this) is that a CCM rep went on Twitter making fun of one of the True Pro guys and how he was scanning and the CCM computer program is the exact same company. Minus the clear bench thing.