Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
GoalForFun

Super Tacks AS1 Skates

Wanted to get some clarity on the satisfaction guarantee program. So today I went to get my skates sharpened at Pure Hockey and I was curious in checking out if they had some of the Bauer Supremes on sale. One thing led to another and I ended up trying on the Tacks 9090 and really loved the fit. The 30 day satisfaction guarantee was a deal closer as I’ve never really had any success with CCM skates.  

Unfortunately I had my kids with me and they were really growing tired of me trying on skates for 30-40 mins so I couldn’t get them sharpened and baked. I ended up going back at the end of the day to start the baking process but I just wanted to confirm the satisfaction policy and I was told that I would only get store credit if I didn’t like the skate.  I returned them since I didn’t want to risk not liking them and then being bound to store credit at Pure Hockey since I don’t use them for much more than sharpening otherwise. Their website doesn’t really elaborate on the guarantee but it seems like IW and HockeyMonkey will issue a full refund even if used with no questions asked if it’s within the return period.

Does anyone know if the guarantee varies dealer by dealer or is the explanation I got at Pure Hockey in fact how it works?

1 hour ago, CTB said:

Wanted to get some clarity on the satisfaction guarantee program. So today I went to get my skates sharpened at Pure Hockey and I was curious in checking out if they had some of the Bauer Supremes on sale. One thing led to another and I ended up trying on the Tacks 9090 and really loved the fit. The 30 day satisfaction guarantee was a deal closer as I’ve never really had any success with CCM skates.  

Unfortunately I had my kids with me and they were really growing tired of me trying on skates for 30-40 mins so I couldn’t get them sharpened and baked. I ended up going back at the end of the day to start the baking process but I just wanted to confirm the satisfaction policy and I was told that I would only get store credit if I didn’t like the skate.  I returned them since I didn’t want to risk not liking them and then being bound to store credit at Pure Hockey since I don’t use them for much more than sharpening otherwise. Their website doesn’t really elaborate on the guarantee but it seems like IW and HockeyMonkey will issue a full refund even if used with no questions asked if it’s within the return period.

Does anyone know if the guarantee varies dealer by dealer or is the explanation I got at Pure Hockey in fact how it works?

I used the CCM 30 day guarantee a few years ago at Pro Hockey Life.  I was given a full refund, no questions asked.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe @JR Boucicaut said the in store credit is a Pure policy, not CCM.

• Like 1

Pure offers a 30-day if used return policy on all of their items, excluding sticks.

With CCM's program, it was up to the dealer on how they wanted to handle the claim.  Some chose to keep the money internal in the form of a store credit, some chose to give cash back to the customer immediately.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

Pure offers a 30-day if used return policy on all of their items, excluding sticks.

With CCM's program, it was up to the dealer on how they wanted to handle the claim.  Some chose to keep the money internal in the form of a store credit, some chose to give cash back to the customer immediately.

Thanks for the response. So PH’s 30 day policy is always in the form of store credit correct?

No, it's refunded however you paid for it.

The confusion came from the CCM program.  Smaller dealers who didn't have the inventory depth generally gave you a full refund.  Some of the larger stores chose the store credit route because they most likely had something else to put you in.

On 4/27/2018 at 11:57 AM, sbisson91 said:

The first thing that noticeably jumps out to me is the tongue, but that's because I was given about 10 different options to choose from. Other than that, I'm not too sure what differences there are between mine and the retail version. I've got a friend that works at a LHS and is going to be heading to a massive demo day soon, so he's been tasked with finding out. I'd imagine there's a slight difference in weight too, based on previous pro vs retail offerings I've used. That's just pure speculation though.

Which tongue option did you go with?

22 hours ago, Hills said:

Have any of you tried the new footbeds?

I have the AS1s now and the foot bed is very similar to a Superfeet except that it does not have any substantial heel lift like super feet do. There's a Velcro piece on the arch that you can place either high or medium arch support pieces that stick there, or don't use any of the pieces for low arch. I haven't skated on them yet but they feel decent.

Let me just say that the pro custom fit is pretty good off the ice. While baking in store the boot and the heel especially felt like it was sucked into the boot, much more so than the stock retail. Hard to really tell without skating on them but so far I am impressed with the fit.

Edited by Chicagodweller
  • Like 1

On 4/30/2018 at 12:17 PM, six501 said:

I was scanned today and it recommended a size 7D in Jetspeeds. I can easily fit into a size 6 and 6.5 in that skate so that was a little odd. I'm on the cusp of ordering the custom AS1 but the size that the scanner gave me makes me feel a little off from it. Also torn between going full custom vs just the $100 3D boot upgrade. I'm coming from Vapors. My fear is getting a skate that doesn't fit correctly. 

So here's my impression of this problem after getting my feet scanned.

I currently wear a 7.5D Jetspeed FT1 retail...after getting my foot scanned, the system recommended a size 8D RibCor or 8D Jetspeed. However if you look at the 2nd page of the scan, which measures your foot in CM, it showed my left foot at 26.5 CM (size 7.5) , and my right foot at 26.9 CM (size 8) So I think for the recommendation they go off of the bigger foot so as not to have one foot smashed, since the pro custom (which shapes your mold around a retail boot) will have both feet the same size. If you go full custom it allows you to get a different length size for each boot in which case CCM will use the actual CM measurements of each foot

TEwtn64.jpg

On 5/4/2018 at 12:02 AM, colins said:

Same issue with his feet and mine - high insteps. 

Thanks everyone for the feedback - back to the shop we go to try on some more skates/sizes.

colins

Update - went back on tried on a 9D FT380. As far as we can tell, this boot is pretty much identical in fit to the 8.5D Jetspeed my son is wearing now. Both have 280 holders. The 8.5D FT380 has a 271 holder, so it's definitely a shorter boot vs. the JetSpeed at the same size.

Based on this, I've ordered a pair of CCM Jetspeed Control skates in a 9D. It's a custom SMU for Source for Sports, based off the FT380 but with upgrades from the FT390 (outsole and liner) and FT1 (tongue). For $499 cdn (same price as the retail base model FT380), it's the best deal I can see for achieving a fit and quality level today similar to the Jetspeed he skated in previously.

Thanks for the advice - hope the above info is helpful to anyone else skating in a Jetspeed and looking to get a new similar fit this season.

colins

Edited by colins
  • Like 3

On 2018-05-10 at 4:39 PM, Doughnuts08 said:

The orthobed or just those custom arch supports for low, medium, high?

The custom arch ones, but aren't those the orthobeds?

13 minutes ago, Hills said:

The custom arch ones, but aren't those the orthobeds?

the orthobed is the new one with the removable arch supports... doughnuts was referring to the last custom arch support, where you chose from three different insoles.  

10 hours ago, Jason said:

Is the total custom option available for all models or just the AS1 as of right now?

Total custom is available for all player skate models, yes. the 3D molded only option is just for the AS1 right now. 

On 4/30/2018 at 3:17 PM, six501 said:

I was scanned today and it recommended a size 7D in Jetspeeds. I can easily fit into a size 6 and 6.5 in that skate so that was a little odd. I'm on the cusp of ordering the custom AS1 but the size that the scanner gave me makes me feel a little off from it. Also torn between going full custom vs just the $100 3D boot upgrade. I'm coming from Vapors. My fear is getting a skate that doesn't fit correctly. 

Anyone else get scanned and wind up with similar results?  I was scanned today and it recommended Tacks in an 8EE for me.  I'm currently skating in 6EE Supremes.  They didn't have any EE's to try on but I could fit into the 6D except for it being too narrow for my foot.  

Curious as to whether really wide feet will throw off the actual length on the scan?

As with a Bauer scan, it will recommend a skate that your largest foot measurement will fit into. So yes, extra wide feet will throw off the length. I've said it before, I would personally like the results broken down into parts per line, for example a Jetspeed fit is: length is 6D, heel is 6D, forefoot width is 7EE, depth is 8D. Now you can work out which skate will fit you best based on your individual foot measurements. If all is lost for a retail boot fit then it makes it an easy decision to go custom.

Interesting idea.  Conceptually I would think that Bauer and CCM envisioned that the customer has their feet scanned and quickly gets the best retail option available recommended.  Full disclosure, I have done the Bauer process a number of times and it normally suggests a Supreme 7EE.  Based on what my bigger foot measures on the Brannock, I would say that the 7EE is an appropriate starting point.  I only did the CCM scan once, so I would have to do it a number of times to see whether or not the results remain the same or change.  Like the Bauer scanner I thought the scan was accurate on picking the correct line.  

On 5/16/2018 at 6:42 AM, lslcs4lif said:

Total custom is available for all player skate models, yes. the 3D molded only option is just for the AS1 right now. 

I see. So, can they still use a scan to make a 3D mold of your foot for total custom Jetspeeds? I have FT1's right now and love them, but I go through skates fast and I'm deciding what I will replace these with. I like how the Tacks are a bit stiffer now. When I bought my custom FT1's they didn't offer a stiffer option. I have a very narrow foot, which is why I went for the Jetspeeds over the Tacks. I'm wondering if they can make a Tacks skate that will be narrow and low volume enough for me. I am hoping they can.

48 minutes ago, Jason said:

I see. So, can they still use a scan to make a 3D mold of your foot for total custom Jetspeeds? I have FT1's right now and love them, but I go through skates fast and I'm deciding what I will replace these with. I like how the Tacks are a bit stiffer now. When I bought my custom FT1's they didn't offer a stiffer option. I have a very narrow foot, which is why I went for the Jetspeeds over the Tacks. I'm wondering if they can make a Tacks skate that will be narrow and low volume enough for me. I am hoping they can.

The overall design of the skate is the same so a jet speed will still fit a narrow foot better than a tack. However on the total custom you can change the stiffness all across the boot to get it as stiff as the tacks or even stiffer

21 minutes ago, Doughnuts08 said:

The overall design of the skate is the same so a jet speed will still fit a narrow foot better than a tack. However on the total custom you can change the stiffness all across the boot to get it as stiff as the tacks or even stiffer

That isn't really the case with Bauer customs I don't think. It seemed like they were able to make any skate in any width. If they can make an FT1 in the same stiffness as the AS1's then I would likely go that route.

8 hours ago, Jason said:

I see. So, can they still use a scan to make a 3D mold of your foot for total custom Jetspeeds?

Correct. If you order an FT1/AS1/70K total custom, they will go through the same 3D mold process. 

All total custom skates, both player and goalie, will get 3D molded. I -think- the only exception is the 50K, I'm almost positive that one doesn't. 

10 hours ago, Jason said:

Narrow and low volume? I think you're skipping the one CCM that should fit the bill for you with the 70K.