Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kgbeast

2018 All-Star Weekend

Somehow the skill competition was not doing it for me. Maybe I am getting old 🙂.

Was a bit surprised that McDavid could not bit Larkin's record and I think did slower than his own last year time.

Goalie competition was not really fair as each goalie had it's own set of shooters and shooters that went against MAF seemed to be the weakest. But it is not that easy to see. 

Hardest shot was pretty weak. As no one really broke 100 except Ovi who did barely 101. Interesting to note that he also was the one who has picked up the least if  no-ice at all behind the puck. I guess untill someone brings a woody and shoot it clean, the Chara's record will stand forever. PK shot pretty clean as well looking at the replay.

The only parts that I thought were cool, were the pass and accuracy. Like how they brought it up a notch, by randomly lighting the targets, that definitely showed us who is a puck watcher and who is a heads up player. 

Howdy,

I like the all star stuff.  Didn't McDavid already get the record last year? (edit:  Nope.  Dunno where I got that from!)

I wish for the skills competition they brought in the big guns in the league for that specialty.  Without Chara / Weber, hardest shot seems kinda lame.  LIkewise it'd be interesting to have Larkin (or Hagelin or ??) there for fastest skater.  Etc.

I like the idea of the targets changing for the the accuracy & passing skills.  Not sure why they took away the pass in the accuracy contest though.  And changing the hole randomly on the "lift gates" for the puck control contest doesn't seem to add anything and it seemed like it didn't light up soon enough in some cases.

Still, all nits.  I love seeing the skills these guys have.  :-)

Mark

Howdy,

20 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

WTF were they thinking with these uniforms? Yes white and hot pink look awesome together!

:-)

I thought it was neon orange?

Mark

40 minutes ago, marka said:

Howdy,

:-)

I thought it was neon orange?

Mark

In photos it looks that way but on TV they sure looked pink

2 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

In photos it looks that way but on TV they sure looked pink

On my TV and phone they look orangeish hot pink.... Refs sleeve inserts are orange, that uni accents are certainly look not all that orange next to refs sleeves. Atlantic uniforms look a bit contrasty as well with these neon green to yellow. They all look like exotic birds or salt water aquarium 🎏 to me 

10 hours ago, Kgbeast said:

Somehow the skill competition was not doing it for me. Maybe I am getting old 🙂.

Was a bit surprised that McDavid could not bit Larkin's record and I think did slower than his own last year time.

Goalie competition was not really fair as each goalie had it's own set of shooters and shooters that went against MAF seemed to be the weakest. But it is not that easy to see. 

Hardest shot was pretty weak. As no one really broke 100 except Ovi who did barely 101. Interesting to note that he also was the one who has picked up the least if  no-ice at all behind the puck. I guess untill someone brings a woody and shoot it clean, the Chara's record will stand forever. PK shot pretty clean as well looking at the replay.

The only parts that I thought were cool, were the pass and accuracy. Like how they brought it up a notch, by randomly lighting the targets, that definitely showed us who is a puck watcher and who is a heads up player. 

I'm not surprised since Larkin had a running start from the blue line. McDavid started from a standstill at the red line.