Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

2005 Mission Catalogue Review

It's funny, EVERYONE wants their catalogue reviewed!

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/pics/JR/2005...ission_2005.pdf

Skates

L Series - Mission is now offering a "traditional" skate in their lineup for 2005. The L7 skate, which stands for Lite, is about 100 g lighter than the S500 and is geared towards the skate who wants to stay in a traditional hockey boot. They have fused the quarters to the stiffener package, which means that they can save weight because you won't need glues to hold it together. It's got some of the nicest foam I have felt in a skate. It really feels nice on your foot. Mission also has added a vented outsole and an anatomical tongue.

The L5 has a glass outsole and a different liner. The L4 has a felt tongue instead of the one on the L5/L7.

The S series remains unchanged other than the fact that they dropped the S200.

Sticks

Hex-1 - This stick is Mission's top dog for 2005. The shaft has a different feel than the M-1 (not as boxy) and they are using 4 materials in their shaft to increase strength. The kicker is the blade, however. Most blades on the market have one I-beam for rigidity - the Hexcore blade is supported by many "hexagons" which are able to make a stronger, more supportive blade while enabling them to make it thinner. It comes in a grip version, which is silver.

M-1 - unchanged

Z-1 - Mission is now offering a value-priced stick. The blade is made with a Zed-Core core, which is comparable to an ABS core, but retains its stiffness better.

L-2 and M-2 - unchanged

Gloves

L series - THe L series has replaced the M glove series. It is slightly more traditional-looking and has some of the same features that the M series offered. It comes with digital gussets along with a nash palm that has a tackified goatskin patch on the top part of the palm.

Helium series - The Helium is offered as a crossover glove. It has a microfiber shell and is a very light glove. Also comes with a digital gusset package along with the same nash/goat palm as the L series, however, the fingertips have a silicone strip on them for increased grip.

Pants

L series - Once again, the L series has replaced the M series. Same features as the M pants, however, the L7 pant now comes with a cooler liner. The L3 pant improves on the M-2 - padded belt and height adjustment. Should be a very nice pant for the price.

Looks like the protective line has been scrapped. Let's see if it ends up somewhere in the Itech line...

Yea that Ribeiro pattern does look nice. Also, is the Hex-1 shaft not made by Aldila? I don't see the little "a" logo on the shaft of it like I do on the M-1 and M-1 Grip.

I'm really loving the L-series skate lineup! Is the fit of the those (arches, width, etc.) similar to the fit of Bauers or?

Will mission price their L series gloves like the M series?

I believe Justin verified this when the glove pics were first shown.

I'm really loving the L-series skate lineup! Is the fit of the those (arches, width, etc.) similar to the fit of Bauers or?

Arch is the same as the S series.

I cannot comment on width - all I know is that my prototype pair were WIDE...much wider than the S.

Justin

How dare you make a curve that I like and put a name like Ribeiro on it? Tell me it's a 5 or lower lie, please.

Justin

How dare you make a curve that I like and put a name like Ribeiro on it? Tell me it's a 5 or lower lie, please.

someone seriously needs to make a good curve with a lie under 5.

would custom size 14 L-series skates cost major bank (if its even possible to get them)?

I'm really loving the L-series skate lineup!  Is the fit of the those (arches, width, etc.) similar to the fit of Bauers or?

Arch is the same as the S series.

I cannot comment on width - all I know is that my prototype pair were WIDE...much wider than the S.

How is the fit of the S series compared to Bauer? lol...

Hey guys, RIBEIRO ROCKS MY SOX. lol.

Good deal Mission.

What I'm wondering is, do Ribeiro's gloves have some sort of spring mechanism that releases and fires the gloves in the air in the event that someone checks him?

Out of curiosity.. did Mission drop their protective line after only one year of being back in the game???

The protective line is still available....As for Ribeiro's gloves, I put a special foam in them to make them more protective. Also, they are a bit of a tighter fit, so they won't come off as easily ;)

The protective line is still available....As for Ribeiro's gloves, I put a special foam in them to make them more protective.  Also, they are a bit of a tighter fit, so they won't come off as easily ;)

Hey Justin, are you serious about Ribeiro's gloves? I thought Ribeiro prefers looser gloves...

EDIT - I assume you were not serious...

Edited by Kovy_Ribs_Fedo

Anyone know a price on the Hex-1? Is it gonna be typical Mission and be about $20 less than the competition (~$150)??