Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

I am here to answer any questions you may have regarding ProSharp and performance of ProSharp profiles and machine operation. 

Kind Regards,

SHAYNE TOPOROWSKI
Chief Sales Officer Prosharp INC 
Head Coach Mens Ice Hockey, Worcester State University
Director of Player Development/Head Coach, Competitive Goals
HP1 High Performance Certification, Hockey Canada
  • Like 3

Hi @Shayne Toporowski really appreciate you taking the time to answer questions.

The Pro Sharp websites lists holder sizes for certain profiles, is that just recommended or are those profiles specific to those holder sizes?

I was thinking of going with the Zuperior S. Right now I am just in stock LS4 and Step ST profiles. How would the transition be?

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

@stick9 The templates for the profiles are designed to fit certain size of holders , so the correct schematics of the profile are  profiled onto the blade.

The Zuperior Small profile will give  you 3 radii 6'-12'-20' With this profile you will have similar power push as LS4 and Step but with a built in pitch,greater acceleration and quicker tight turns maybe to quick if you are not a proficient skater.If you want a upgrade to your stock LS4 or Step i would recommend Quad Zero Profile.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Shayne Toporowski said:

@stick9 The templates for the profiles are designed to fit certain size of holders , so the correct schematics of the profile are  profiled onto the blade.

The Zuperior Small profile will give  you 3 radii 6'-12'-20' With this profile you will have similar power push as LS4 and Step but with a built in pitch,greater acceleration and quicker tight turns maybe to quick if you are not a proficient skater.If you want a upgrade to your stock LS4 or Step i would recommend Quad Zero Profile.

@stick9 Quad 0 man!!!  Love it!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Shayne Toporowski said:

@Nicholas G you can reduce your current ROH by small channel Z 20%, medium channel Z 25%, and large channel Z 30%

So if you are on current 1/2ROH Sharpen on 5/8ths ROH  add a small channel, you will have same feeling as 1/2 but more glide speed and less fatigue .

So going from a traditional 5/8" with a wide ZC I should be able to go with a 1" roughly? What about ZC depth?

Edited by Nicholas G

I bought a ProSharp BAT and I’m surprised that it is out by 2/1000”, and that the grid is a sticker. Kinda turns me off other ProSharp gear. 

1 hour ago, Shayne Toporowski said:

@Leif never heard of this before...please take a picture or video of how you are testing if it is out,and send to me shayne@prosharp.com

Okay, might take a day or two as I have skating this evening. :smile:

Will the Prosharp correct pitch issues during a profiling?  I have a pair of STEP runners that were completely jacked up by some guy that should never be able to touch a pair of skates again!  I've compared them to some brand new runners and they look like they've got a pitch of about +5!  They're also definitely not symmetrical.  It was like skating in high heels.  I've been wanting to try out a quad profile, so thought I'd put it on these runners, but need to know if the pitch will be corrected during the process.

12 hours ago, boo10 said:

Will the Prosharp correct pitch issues during a profiling?  I have a pair of STEP runners that were completely jacked up by some guy that should never be able to touch a pair of skates again!  I've compared them to some brand new runners and they look like they've got a pitch of about +5!  They're also definitely not symmetrical.  It was like skating in high heels.  I've been wanting to try out a quad profile, so thought I'd put it on these runners, but need to know if the pitch will be corrected during the process.

You can adjust the ProSharp to correct pitch. I am going to be making a video shortly discussing ProSharp profiling. 

On 2/16/2018 at 7:04 AM, Shayne Toporowski said:

Yes at least 1 inch maybe 1 1/4

the depth of channel is irrelevant 

Why is channel depth irrelevant? Not arguing, just wondering why you feel that way? If I put a ZC on a set of steel and later sharpen the steel again without cutting a new ZC, some ZC still showing but not as deep as new, I can feel a significant bite difference. 

What I would really like to know is how does ProSharp determine what profile someone should be on?  With single, double, triple, and quads it's rather daunting.  What are some determinations in picking a starting point?  Also, if a set of runners is off to begin with, then how precise will the 2 runners be after profiling?

On 3/17/2018 at 8:25 AM, tvguy said:

@Shayne Toporowski currently on a step steel 10/11 combo radius.  Want something that doesn't feel drastically different in a quad.  What would be the differences between a Quad .5 or Quad 1 that I would notice.  

There is a significant difference between those and a single radius like the ones you specified. I would recommend a Quad 1 or 2 if you want minimal changes to help ease the transition. 

1 hour ago, JR Boucicaut said:

He said he was on a combo radius, not a single. 

There is no such thing as a 10/11 combo radius.... Hence I assumed he was using a 10' or 11' single radius. 

1 minute ago, JR Boucicaut said:

That’s ok - that’s why I’m here. I almost never forget. My memory has gotten me very far in this business. :)

Ha! I know the feeling. ;) 

Sometimes I do wish I could purge some of the useless information lingering around in my mind... 

On 3/17/2018 at 11:52 AM, mojo122 said:

What I would really like to know is how does ProSharp determine what profile someone should be on?  With single, double, triple, and quads it's rather daunting.  What are some determinations in picking a starting point?  Also, if a set of runners is off to begin with, then how precise will the 2 runners be after profiling?

I think I have the same question. I wouldn't know where to start.