Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
MSH Pro Shop closing from 12/2 until 12/9 Read more... ×
Reviews wanted! Read more... ×

29 minutes ago, BureKovy said:

What is a 0.5 quad radius?  I don't see it listed anywhere.

8-10-12-14 radii

Edited by Nicholas G
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Where do the different radii get placed on the blade for the Quad, Zuperior, and Dual profiles?  The only illustration is with the quad where you essentially have a heel, full arch (base radius), Ball of foot, and toe roughly.  Is that accurate?  And how do the Zuperior and Dual space out those radii?  For example, is the Detroit I mostly a 20ft up to the ball of the foot, or split right in the middle of the arch, or is it a mostly 10ft and the heel gets a 20ft?  If I decided to get say a medium forward pitch to it as well, does that shorten the 20ft area or prevent me from settling on the 20ft when at speed?   The pitch concept is also really throwing me off when it comes to multiple radii.  I've had a 13ft single with a forward pitch, but how does the smaller front profile effect that idea?  Would the Detroit I be a faster profile for crossovers and top end speed than the Quad 2 or Quad S (non prosharp profile/unknown specs)

Edited by McJesus

@JR Boucicaut a buddy of mine is considering an at home sharpener, do you think I should steer him towards this one or a Sparx? How technically proficient does one need to be with the Prosharp home unit versus the Sparx? I am actually considering one of these if I end up liking the Channel Z hollow; do you like that hollow for a goalie?

Same proficiency.  Has a wheel calibration tool, individual hollow wheels and a start button.

Can't say I have experience with a Channel Z on a goalie...I guess when you think about it, it can work.

6 minutes ago, JR Boucicaut said:

Same proficiency.  Has a wheel calibration tool, individual hollow wheels and a start button.

Can't say I have experience with a Channel Z on a goalie...I guess when you think about it, it can work.

Channel Z on a goalie works fine, lots of grip. That being said, I only know of one goalie that has tried it and keeps using it despite everyone claiming to like it. 

1 hour ago, JR Boucicaut said:

I may have to have you sharpen a pair of steel with that and see how I like it, JR.

Thanks for the answer!

1 hour ago, Nicholas G said:

Channel Z on a goalie works fine, lots of grip. That being said, I only know of one goalie that has tried it and keeps using it despite everyone claiming to like it. 

I imagine it to be a love or hate proposition, no?