Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IPv6Freely

2018 NHL Trade Deadline

1 hour ago, IPv6Freely said:

^ LOL

Anyway, looking at the trades today there's been a few minor deals so far. The only one that stands out is Paul Stastny to Winnpeg, in exchange for Erik Foley, 2018 1st round pick, and a conditional 2020 4th round pick. Looks like the Jets are going for it. 

Lest we forget that Jason Chimera got traded, thank God.

2 minutes ago, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

TSN is saying that the trade is pretty big parts-wise. I like the move for TB.

Yeah its huge. TB is scary.

17 hours ago, chippa13 said:

Vanek is on his way to disappointing Blue Jackets fans.

Do not forget about Ian Cole and Mark Letestu. Both made their first appearance last night against Caps in a great 5:1 win. Letestu scored a goal, Ian Cole had +1 rating and few shots on goal. Jackets fans were awesome. I suppose Jackets did not get any superstars, but so far they added two players who did not even had one practice and looked as if they played there all season long. Will see how Vanek does next game against Kings.

On 2/26/2018 at 3:09 PM, chippa13 said:

He did it to the Islanders. 

On 2/26/2018 at 12:09 PM, chippa13 said:

Sorry misread this. I thought you were referring to Blue Jackets fans as disappointing... Anyway, I do not know much about Vanek.  Canucks is one of the clubs I have watched only one game of this season. I hope he is not as bad as you guys make it seems like. 

52 minutes ago, Kgbeast said:

Sorry misread this. I thought you were referring to Blue Jackets fans as disappointing... Anyway, I do not know much about Vanek.  Canucks is one of the clubs I have watched only one game of this season. I hope he is not as bad as you guys make it seems like. 

Vanek has been around a long time, how can you not know much about him? That said, I don't know how he let down Islanders fans, he was a point per game player there. He really only had two disappointing years for Minnesota, but since then had pretty good seasons with Detroit, and was doing probably better than Vancouver expected. 

1 hour ago, Kgbeast said:

6 minutes ago, Stewie said:

Vanek has been around a long time, how can you not know much about him? That said, I don't know how he let down Islanders fans, he was a point per game player there. He really only had two disappointing years for Minnesota, but since then had pretty good seasons with Detroit, and was doing probably better than Vancouver expected. 

Vanek actually was way higher than expectations for Vancouver. Only supposed to have a leadership role for prospects and when Horvat and Baertschi were out he was Boeser's best line-mate. Canucks probably moved him because he made himself more valuable over the season.

Still annoyed we didn't acquire a single pick for him.

1 minute ago, theinfamoust94 said:

Vanek actually was way higher than expectations for Vancouver. Only supposed to have a leadership role for prospects and when Horvat and Baertschi were out he was Boeser's best line-mate. Canucks probably moved him because he made himself more valuable over the season.

Still annoyed we didn't acquire a single pick for him.

yeah, he did the same for Detroit. He had two down years in Minnesota and somehow he's disappointed everywhere he's gone now? Really was a steal for both Detroit and Vancouver in the 2 to 2.5 million range 

5 minutes ago, Stewie said:

yeah, he did the same for Detroit. He had two down years in Minnesota and somehow he's disappointed everywhere he's gone now? Really was a steal for both Detroit and Vancouver in the 2 to 2.5 million range 

I feel bad for the poor guy.. Can't catch a break.. Teams look at him more as a trade investment than a depth player by too many places.

4 minutes ago, theinfamoust94 said:

I feel bad for the poor guy.. Can't catch a break.. Teams look at him more as a trade investment than a depth player by too many places.

well, a lot of it is on him. Islanders offered him a big extension that he turned down (perhaps this is the disappointment Jamarquan was referring too, although that was more of dodging a bullet, hes been good the last few seasons, but no longer 7 million a year good). He really just helped the team out by declining. 
He can still be a valuable asset for the Blue Jackets, since their offense is pretty horrible at scoring goals, even though some had them pegged as an elite team and not just a lucky team last season :huh:

8 minutes ago, Stewie said:

well, a lot of it is on him. Islanders offered him a big extension that he turned down (perhaps this is the disappointment Jamarquan was referring too, although that was more of dodging a bullet, hes been good the last few seasons, but no longer 7 million a year good). He really just helped the team out by declining. 
He can still be a valuable asset for the Blue Jackets, since their offense is pretty horrible at scoring goals, even though some had them pegged as an elite team and not just a lucky team last season :huh:

Lol fair point. I just meant poor guy because of how many times he's been traded at the deadline

8 hours ago, Stewie said:

We traded a first, a second, and a roster player (Matt Moulson, who was okay), for Vanek. 

He was really good - 44 points in 47 games - but he didn't want to move to Brooklyn (see why we don't like the Barclays Center?), and got moved to the Habs for a bad prospect and a second round pick. Snow overpaid and didn't think to ask if Vanek would want to come to Brooklyn. He got traded, Tavares broke his leg in Sochi, they missed the playoffs, it was a bad year. The production wasn't bad but it just ended up being a bad trade and fans resented him for it.

10 hours ago, Stewie said:

Not a place to throw rocks at Blue Jackets. Regardless of poor production and many injuries, they are still in playoff picture. 

53 minutes ago, Kgbeast said:

Not a place to throw rocks at Blue Jackets. Regardless of poor production and many injuries, they are still in playoff picture. 

Not “throwing rocks”. Just stating why they traded for him, and others. Their offense is anemic, and they needed depth. There’s just no lucking into a hot streak so far for them in 17-18. Vanek should help immensely on a team ranked 28th in scoring. 

2 hours ago, Stewie said:

Not “throwing rocks”. Just stating why they traded for him, and others. Their offense is anemic, and they needed depth. There’s just no lucking into a hot streak so far for them in 17-18. Vanek should help immensely on a team ranked 28th in scoring. 

Agreed - this season they're pretty much exactly what most people thought they were last season, minus the win streak. Of course that win streak made them appear way better than they were.