Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

johndeere506

Comparing current Stick to past model years

I almost bought a Vapor X900 non grip. Its a 2015 model. I looked it up online and it says 470 grams. Its on clearance for $110.

Then I looked up the current Vapor X700 "lite". It says 448 grams. Its also $110 at regular retail price with all options available.

So which one is better?

Ive found this similar situation with a few different brands and models now.

44 minutes ago, johndeere506 said:

I almost bought a Vapor X900 non grip. Its a 2015 model. I looked it up online and it says 470 grams. Its on clearance for $110.

Then I looked up the current Vapor X700 "lite". It says 448 grams. Its also $110 at regular retail price with all options available.

So which one is better?

Ive found this similar situation with a few different brands and models now.

Don't base it just off of weight. Without the specs infront of me, I'm certain that the build is a lot better on the x900. Just based on the price, you're getting a good stick for a good price. 

Though for the recent line Bauer dropped the x800 level, so the x700 lite will most likely have better and upgraded specs than the previous x700. But I'm certain that the older x900 will perform better, unless you'll really notice 22 grams.

If weight is a big concern for you, you're better off saving a couple of bucks extra and going for the Alpha AK...179 price point and one gram heavier than the 1X Lite. If price is a bigger concern, go with the clearance X900 or Ribcor Pro PMT. Just my two cents.