Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mjpisat

New true sticks?

I'd rather have chipped paint on the hosel than have a stick load up on carbon and paint, which can goof up the flex and feel, just for cosmetic reasons. 

I did feel like the blade on my two 5.2s and x7 went soft more quickly than other blades over the same usage time. 

Howdy,

So one of the new sticks is still called the A6.0 SBP?  Isn't that the same name as the current A6.0 SBP that's on (minor) clearance?

Sorta confusing.

Is the HT stuff coming to the lessor A4.5 as well?

Mark

On 3/7/2018 at 9:33 AM, chippa13 said:

That is curious, especially since I've got 2 tapered shafts getting delivered today.

The new model or previous years’ model?  I really hope they will be offering the new model in tapered.  

@Zac911

can you explain a little of the thought process to split the A-series line (HT & SBP) instead of creating a third stick line like both CCM and Bauer have? I love True products and I’m a big believer in what the company has been doing, but this seems like a confusing way to add a new flex point for the mainstream customer. 

Also have you heard any good comparisons to how the HT shoots, does it shoot something similar to a Vapor with the softer handle?

6 hours ago, malcb33 said:

@Zac911

can you explain a little of the thought process to split the A-series line (HT & SBP) instead of creating a third stick line like both CCM and Bauer have? I love True products and I’m a big believer in what the company has been doing, but this seems like a confusing way to add a new flex point for the mainstream customer. 

Also have you heard any good comparisons to how the HT shoots, does it shoot something similar to a Vapor with the softer handle?

HT is it's own line;  however,  it does use the same nomenclature as SBP as it correlates to price points ( For now just the 6.0 ).   

Every year mfg's change the names / numerology of their product around and it generally has to do with being sneaky about raising prices throughout the line.  It also keeps customers very confused ( this is by design ).

TRUE is sticking with the 6.0,  5.2,  4.5,  2.2 and 1.0 much the same way automotive mfg's do with their models.  Therefore the last generation of 6.0SBP is referred to as 2016 6.0SBP and this new model is 2018 6.0SBP.  

Many dealers are very frustrated by the " relentless launch of new and innovative products " that leaves them with a short life cycle and having to resort to discounting to move it.  Mfg's are doing this as a way to keep dealers shelves buried in their product and customers left just buying whatever the price point is while paying less attention to details.

It would have been my preference to have 3 price points in the HT line;  however,  the trick is launching those and in which timeframes you do so.  I have some thoughts and ideas on this;  however,  since I know a few product mgr's that read this site I won't share more than I already have.  Borrowing other peoples ideas and slapping a brand name on it does not make you a good product manager.

For now we have chosen to blend the launch and we absolutely have a plan.  

The feedback we have received on the HT from players that shoot Low Kick has been extremely strong.

What are all the options(ie; flexs, curves, etc.) for the new HT 6.0 roll out?

Limited? P30(CCM) curve? Only P92?(which would be BS btw)

Hopefully we will see something different. Always wanted to try a TRUE stick, but there was never a LKP option til now.

Looking forward to seeing what comes of it. Keep up the good work.

5 hours ago, All Flash said:

What are all the options(ie; flexs, curves, etc.) for the new HT 6.0 roll out?

Limited? P30(CCM) curve? Only P92?(which would be BS btw)

Hopefully we will see something different. Always wanted to try a TRUE stick, but there was never a LKP option til now.

Looking forward to seeing what comes of it. Keep up the good work.

TC2,  TC2-5,  TC4,  TC3,  MC,  MC2 and HCS are the available patterns and 75,  85,  95,  105 are the available flexes.

Funny thing I encountered during many of my demo's were players swore up and down they were LKP players-  Many of them loved the SBP flex profile.

I suppose the takeaway for me was that many players don't experiment enough during demo's-  They always pick up what they are used to which sort of defeats the purpose of the demo-  You have all these flexes and patterns at your disposal.  Pick up some different stuff and really give it a try in different scenarios where you wouldn't otherwise have the opportunity.

1 minute ago, Machine said:

Anyone know if there be a 30 flex A series junior stick?

30 Flex Jr would be in the 1.0

15 hours ago, Zac911 said:

TC2,  TC2-5,  TC4,  TC3,  MC,  MC2 and HCS are the available patterns and 75,  85,  95,  105 are the available flexes.

Funny thing I encountered during many of my demo's were players swore up and down they were LKP players-  Many of them loved the SBP flex profile.

I suppose the takeaway for me was that many players don't experiment enough during demo's-  They always pick up what they are used to which sort of defeats the purpose of the demo-  You have all these flexes and patterns at your disposal.  Pick up some different stuff and really give it a try in different scenarios where you wouldn't otherwise have the opportunity.

Can you post a pic of the mc2. It's not on true's site

On 3/9/2018 at 11:12 PM, Fletch said:

The new model or previous years’ model?  I really hope they will be offering the new model in tapered.  

They are SBP

On 10/03/2018 at 12:49 PM, Zac911 said:

Lol As a gear whore I am TRUE-ly offended by this assumption.  😉

But to be honest the only other flex profile I was OK with was a Mid-Low flex profile. Last one I remember was the SE16 Synergy from Easton. Mid Kick has way too much lag in release for me. 

47 minutes ago, All Flash said:

Lol As a gear whore I am TRUE-ly offended by this assumption.  😉

But to be honest the only other flex profile I was OK with was a Mid-Low flex profile. Last one I remember was the SE16 Synergy from Easton. Mid Kick has way too much lag in release for me. 

It's not an assumption.  I run alot of demo's and it's an observation.

5 hours ago, SlaterC42 said:

Anyone know which line would play closest to the original A 4.5?

Original A-Series is / was Mid-Low. That has not changed in the 2016 SBP and now 2018 SBP line.

11 hours ago, Zac911 said:

It's not an assumption.  I run alot of demo's and it's an observation.

Agreed.  I see it a lot at SummerJam.  People don't want to leave their comfort zone.

37 minutes ago, JR Boucicaut said:

Agreed.  I see it a lot at SummerJam.  People don't want to leave their comfort zone.

I am super guilty of that. I have a range of sticks to demo and I pick something pretty close to what I use. I really should be trying something completely different.

3 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

Or don't understand the difference and don't want to admit it or learn.

8 hours ago, psulion22 said:

Or don't understand the difference and don't want to admit it or learn.

Completely agree.  Humility has always served me very well.  

Hhhmmm I was being cheeky.... I have tried all the kick profiles  except for the 1S which correct me if I'm wrong , went from amplified mid kick to high kick. Anywho,  all have a lag that I just cannot get past. But as I said I have no problem with the mid low but not when the LKP option is available.