Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
mjpisat

New true sticks?

3 hours ago, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

All I can conclude is that the people don't care that much for True hockey sticks. If they did, we'd see shops/stores wouldn't be dragging their feet. If this is true, I guess marketing does pay off. I've stuck with True sticks because, for the most part, they've held up well. Hiccups and all, I have no hesitation making another True purchase.

Shops, even major ones, are cutting and delaying orders from the majors because they are all in cash crunches. I know of at least 1 chain in danger of being shut off due to a huge nut they have overdue. The industry is hurting and unfortunately a #3-4 company gets put off because of it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Jamarquan said:

But those are Canada only.

Sure, but it shows that the sticks are out and available to at least some stores. True is an American company, no? So would there be a reason why they aren't available to American stores to order right now?

Howdy,

I re-skimmed this thread and didn't see it so...

Comparison of differences between the 2016 A4.5 SBP and the 2018 A4.5 SBP?

Mark

13 hours ago, puckpilot said:

Sure, but it shows that the sticks are out and available to at least some stores. True is an American company, no? So would there be a reason why they aren't available to American stores to order right now?

Ummmmmm, because they ordered late or put off orders until the fall when they might have more traffic and cash flow to cover paying for the order.

1 hour ago, marka said:

Howdy,

I re-skimmed this thread and didn't see it so...

Comparison of differences between the 2016 A4.5 SBP and the 2018 A4.5 SBP?

Mark

Mark-  Brian dialed in the swing weight on every stick we offer and the BRT was reinforced deeper through the heel and throughout the blade.  So even all the way down to the 1.0 and even all the Int,  Jr & Yth sticks... It wasn't just done on the high end sticks... Every stick in the A-Series line got these improvements.  Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Stores, especially the non box ones, don't always order product based on when the product is launched, that would cause way too much headache and inventory considering how frequent new lines are getting launched. we want all our new product in time for 95% of people's hockey season, instead of the one or two we might sell between April and September.

This isn't Trues fault, nor does it reflect poorly on their product (we move alot of them in Ottawa). this is just the nature of the difficulties of trying to stay afloat in a very small, very expensive marketplace.

• Like 2

I hope to never commit to a one-piece. I hope to collect enough stock to last me. I don't understand how people don't realize that a one piece is in most cases a fused 2 piece. That's why Marketing pays the big bucks I guess. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, roadrunner said:

I hope to never commit to a one-piece. I hope to collect enough stock to last me. I don't understand how people don't realize that a one piece is in most cases a fused 2 piece. That's why Marketing pays the big bucks I guess. 

I’ve been stocking up too... my biggest issue with OPS is once that 30 day warranty is up, you’re essentially screwed especially if you’ve dropped $300 on a top of the line model.  I play against enough guys that chop down on sticks.  If a $60 blade breaks, I can replace it.  If a $99 shaft breaks, I can replace it.  If a $300 stick breaks after the warranty period, I straight up want to murder someone.  Not good for your stress level.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, roadrunner said:

I don't understand how people don't realize that a one piece is in most cases a fused 2 piece. 

That's becoming less and less the case, especially at the top end

Most people do realize that. Nothing to do with marketing - it just doesn't matter. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Fletch said:

I’ve been stocking up too... my biggest issue with OPS is once that 30 day warranty is up, you’re essentially screwed especially if you’ve dropped $300 on a top of the line model.  I play against enough guys that chop down on sticks.  If a $60 blade breaks, I can replace it.  If a $99 shaft breaks, I can replace it.  If a $300 stick breaks after the warranty period, I straight up want to murder someone.  Not good for your stress level.  

That's why I come late to market. You can get last year's top OPS for around the same price. 2-pieces break more often for me unfortunately so that method ends up being more expensive ha.

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

To be fair, somebody chopping your stick and breaking it isn't something that should be warrantied anyway. 

2 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

To be fair, somebody chopping your stick and breaking it isn't something that should be warrantied anyway. 

True, but it's a lot easier to swallow replacing a $60 blade than a $$$ stick.  Saves me on attorney fees as well :cool:

2 hours ago, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

That's why I come late to market. You can get last year's top OPS for around the same price. 2-pieces break more often for me unfortunately so that method ends up being more expensive ha.

ah...but they are reducing the surplus of sticks from what one used to see and with that the ON SALE stock is less and less.  So everyone who is trying to save a few bucks will be taking it...soon enough

2 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

one of the things I  have noticed...most of the slashers i come across are either playing wood or very old and heavy graphite...so they don't care about destroying your expensive stick

22 minutes ago, hawkeyfan said:

ah...but they are reducing the surplus of sticks from what one used to see and with that the ON SALE stock is less and less.  So everyone who is trying to save a few bucks will be taking it...soon enough

Good point.  When I go into Monkey, a lot of the sticks from the previous year's run are barely marked down... it's like $20, which is a drop in the bucket when you are paying $259-$279.

16 hours ago, roadrunner said:

You do know that every single stick TRUE makes uses Axenic right?

7 hours ago, hawkeyfan said:

one of the things I  have noticed...most of the slashers i come across are either playing wood or very old and heavy graphite...so they don't care about destroying your expensive stick

For me it's those old Blue Easton Aluminum Shafts... Been whacked pretty damn hard by a ton of those guys.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Zac911 said:

You do know that every single stick TRUE makes uses Axenic right?

Yes I'm aware..I said most sticks. In all honestly at my level of play I don't feel the difference.  My True A6.0 Tapered shaft and vapor blade which weighs 413 grams all together. Not many top end sticks feel better balanced to me than my combo. And  the ones that do don't warrant me spending  $400 CAD. I rarely break shafts. I still periodically use a Mission Flyweight . What's that from, the early 2000's? 

That gets me thinking what's the environmental impact of everybody tossing out a full stick everything either blade or shaft breaks?

Edited by roadrunner
  • Like 2