Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
mjpisat

New true sticks?

2 hours ago, roadrunner said:

Yes I'm aware..I said most sticks. In all honestly at my level of play I don't feel the difference.  My True A6.0 Tapered shaft and vapor blade which weighs 413 grams all together. Not many top end sticks feel better balanced to me than my combo. And  the ones that do don't warrant me spending  $400 CAD. I rarely break shafts. I still periodically use a Mission Flyweight . What's that from, the early 2000's? 

That gets me thinking what's the environmental impact of everybody tossing out a full stick everything either blade or shaft breaks?

You don't need to spend $400CAD to get a stick that performs really well and durable at the same time. Even if you stay in the current lines, there are a lot of really good sticks about the same price you pay for your shaft/blade setup and there are always deals on pro-stock and older models on clearance. Takes a bit more work then walking into a shop and picking a stick, but so does finding the right blade or shaft for that matter.

17 hours ago, hawkeyfan said:

ah...but they are reducing the surplus of sticks from what one used to see and with that the ON SALE stock is less and less.  So everyone who is trying to save a few bucks will be taking it...soon enough

No doubt. It goes for both 1-piece and 2-piece setups: limited options for "sale" items (especially for us RH-ed folk).

10 hours ago, Zac911 said:

For me it's those old Blue Easton Aluminum Shafts... Been whacked pretty damn hard by a ton of those guys.

ouch and those puppies have very rigid corners/edges

13 minutes ago, roadrunner said:

Why the attack? I asked a legitimate question which is still not answered. 

I know lots of guys that break blades and I generally recommend they drop to the next softer flex as the blade ends up taking the brunt of alot of the force from One-T's and Clappers.  In that case they typically break fewer blades; however,  when the stick does break it generally breaks in the kick point.  Sticks / Blades also break from chopping and whacking at everything.  I'm never surprised anymore by the things I see hockey players do with their sticks.  

I suppose my point is you have made your choice based off of your experiences... Which for many others their experiences may be different.  Part of that slippery slope of having freedom to choose.

The benefit of a one-piece ( note-  not a FUSED paint job one-piece ) is weight and balance.  Where many sticks have a blade and shaft fused together there is a knot of materials where the two come together.  That knot of materials also has an effect on flex profile.

I don't know the full environmental impact,  I can only surmise that we will start to question it once there is an island of composite marterials the size of Texas floating in the Pacific Ocean.

Didn't Michael Benoit have some sort of Initiative for recycling or downcycling these products?

1 hour ago, Zac911 said:

Didn't Michael Benoit have some sort of Initiative for recycling or downcycling these products?

Yes - TH downcycled it into people making frames/chairs etc.  

My old store supplied the sticks for the wall at the Minnesota Wild Bar at MSP.

Pure scrapped (no pun intended) the program shortly after they took over.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Zac911 said:

I don't know the full environmental impact,  I can only surmise that we will start to question it once there is an island of composite marterials the size of Texas floating in the Pacific Ocean.

I read that Mr. Trump is building The Wall with broken composite shafts. Also, Mexico is contributing factory seconds on their side.  See, it will all work out.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, psulion22 said:

Or a P30. 

Guys- I am all for adding patterns.  The issue is when you add a pattern something has to come out of the line...  What do you drop?

Currently we offer-

TC2,  TC2.5,  TC4,  TC3,  MC,  MC2,  HCS

I already lost my pattern with the HCR,  but I knew the above patterns sell far more.  

6 minutes ago, Zac911 said:

Guys- I am all for adding patterns.  The issue is when you add a pattern something has to come out of the line...  What do you drop?

Currently we offer-

I already lost my pattern with the HCR,  but I knew the above patterns sell far more.  

How about an Aaron Asham curve? :7_sweat_smile:

f8de15eefb05d400_small.jpeg

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

How about an Aaron Asham curve? :7_sweat_smile:

How far is that from the MC2 they have on offer? Looks very close.

18 minutes ago, flip12 said:

Depending on how close it is to Bauer's PM9 that curve isn't all that flat

On 3/31/2018 at 8:39 AM, dkmiller3356 said:

wish they made a p46 clone... grumble grumble.....

This curve was the only reason why I stuck with CCM. This curve (along with TC4) are the only curves that work well with my transition to being toe-biased. It is clear that the masses didn't care much for the P46 but I thought it was the most balanced bladed out there. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

This curve was the only reason why I stuck with CCM. This curve (along with TC4) are the only curves that work well with my transition to being toe-biased. It is clear that the masses didn't care much for the P46 but I thought it was the most balanced bladed out there. 

P46 is IMO a great curve...I like the P40/P88...But he P46 is a good all around, unfortunately I think sales go to P92/P28/p88...unless your going top shelf on the stick ladder you wont see the P46 and learn how great of a curve that it is

1 hour ago, flip12 said:

Really? The MC2 looks like it has a curve to it. Maybe this angle would be better...

3792c19bc956626a_small.jpeg

Anyway, if you have to explain the joke it's not all that funny so I'll step away from this one. Carry on. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, hawkeyfan said:

P46 is IMO a great curve...I like the P40/P88...But he P46 is a good all around, unfortunately I think sales go to P92/P28/p88...unless your going top shelf on the stick ladder you wont see the P46 and learn how great of a curve that it is

Yep yep. I came from the P88 the P46 myself. Was never a fan of CCM's blade durability but a big fan of their offering of the P46. It would've been interesting if Bauer had offered the P46. Maybe it would've been more popular?

1 hour ago, IPv6Freely said:

Really? The MC2 looks like it has a curve to it. Maybe this angle would be better...

Anyway, if you have to explain the joke it's not all that funny so I'll step away from this one. Carry on. 

No need to explain, I’m near-fluent in emoji. (Having said that, you did still explain the joke...)

Seriously, though, many jokes contain a degree of sincerity (even if not that of the joker), so it’s still worthwhile to adress that kernel...burn away the chaff if you will, it being Easter. That Asham also has a curve. Looks like it’s about half the magnitude of the MC2’s bottom curve with less of a mirroring that along the top curve approaching the toe, providing more loft-to-curve than on the MC2.

You may see that Asham as a joke but someone else probably sees it and wishes with a desperate hope that it were actually available at retail. To that person I’d say, unfortunately it’s too similar to the already barely popular enough to stay in mass production MC2. Just like the P46 is to the more popular p28.

Personally, I’d also prefer the P46 over the P28 (or even the P30). But I’ve resigned to its extinction and am pretty sure the P28 will work ok as a second best. If only it had been available in the 90’s!

5 hours ago, Zac911 said:

Currently we offer-

I dont blame you for not making it...  seems a bit niche.  But I can wish can't I???

3 hours ago, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

I replaced my P92 with the P46...  a bit less rocker on the 46 so I don't lose the puck under the heel.  Love it.

3 hours ago, hawkeyfan said:

Cant really get it anymore...  let's just say I a stockpiling!!

2 hours ago, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

Yep yep. I came from the P88 the P46 myself. Was never a fan of CCM's blade durability but a big fan of their offering of the P46. It would've been interesting if Bauer had offered the P46. Maybe it would've been more popular?

I haven't had any durability issues with the Tacks, Ultra Tacks or SuperTacks 2.0.  The Super Tacks was abysmal  and I never bought one.

9 hours ago, Zac911 said:

Currently we offer-

Are the TC2.5 and MC2 just higher lies?

14 hours ago, BureKovy said:

Are the TC2.5 and MC2 just higher lies?

MC2 is Modano/Forsberg pm9 and TC2.5 is a p92L5.