Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
mjpisat

New true sticks?

On 4/2/2018 at 11:48 AM, Zac911 said:

Guys- I am all for adding patterns.  The issue is when you add a pattern something has to come out of the line...  What do you drop?

Currently we offer-

TC2,  TC2.5,  TC4,  TC3,  MC,  MC2,  HCS

I already lost my pattern with the HCR,  but I knew the above patterns sell far more.  

Does the average TC2.5 user buy it because they knowingly want a lower lie, or because it’s available and looks like their P92 off the rack?  More often than not when people list P92 sticks for sale they don’t even specify whether it’s a lie 5 or 6 because the average consumer probably doesn’t even know what that means or think it’s important. Perhaps that not a representative sample but you get where I’m coming from.

Is the TC3 user really not able to settle on the TC4 when most of them are likely coming from an X28 in another brand?

1 hour ago, Cavs019 said:

Does the average TC2.5 user buy it because they knowingly want a lower lie, or because it’s available and looks like their P92 off the rack?  More often than not when people list P92 sticks for sale they don’t even specify whether it’s a lie 5 or 6 because the average consumer probably doesn’t even know what that means or think it’s important. Perhaps that not a representative sample but you get where I’m coming from.

Is the TC3 user really not able to settle on the TC4 when most of them are likely coming from an X28 in another brand?

I have to laugh...  the TC2.5 is an option.  I think many years ago warrior had the Draper in different lies and then they canned that.  The TC2 is a curve with probably the biggest rocker sole and they make it available with different lies.  a flatter sole curve does not get this offering...WHY?  In the old days a player would use a vise and shave off the sole to make the lie the way you liked it.

3 hours ago, hawkeyfan said:

I have to laugh...  the TC2.5 is an option.  I think many years ago warrior had the Draper in different lies and then they canned that.  The TC2 is a curve with probably the biggest rocker sole and they make it available with different lies.  a flatter sole curve does not get this offering...WHY?  In the old days a player would use a vise and shave off the sole to make the lie the way you liked it.

Yep, was offered in 4 and 5 lie. Bauer still offers the P92 in both 5 and 6, the 5 being a rare beast.

Ditching one of the TC2's was my first thought at making room for something like the P46. True must have sales data on it. They should know how popular or unpopular each variant is.

12 hours ago, Cavs019 said:

I think alot of players overlook the TC2.5 / p95L5 -  When I steer many good friends towards it I always get alot of great feedback.  I do find that I have to draw their attention to it.  It's a great option.  I agree the average consumer doesn't know.

As for the TC3 user-  I can't say for sure.  When I watch how players look at patterns ( directly in front of them-straight down the shaft ) and then grumble how they could N E V E R use that kind of a hook... I often have to draw their attention to how a blade looks as you stare directly down the shaft at it vs how it's actually used and how it sits on the ice-  It generally opens the door to acceptance. 

It's just so important to teach these things to the younger guys.  When you are talking about shot mechanics to a generally older guy that stands to the side and uses a sweeping motion to shoot compared to how you face the gaolie / stand square and load the shaft up it's important to qualify the shot mechanic early on so it makes more sense as you explain it to them.

Don’t get me wrong- I love the lower lie offering and find it much better for my stance than the L6 version...but I also have 4000+ posts on a hockey message board and am acutely aware of every nuance of my gear LOL. 

The average guy I’ve played with over the years typically buys sticks in pairs- if they bought a TC2 and a TC2.5 they probably wouldn’t even notice they’re different. 

• Like 3

Yeah I’d have to disagree. I’m relatively new to the variants and couldn’t even shoot remotely accurately with the high lie version, so much so that I had completely written off the curve. I bought the lower lie equivalent to mess around with, and it’s so much better. I’ve used almost exclusively p88 style sticks for 30 years, outside of some p09 style, so I’m about as new at Toe curves as you can get. 

Tweaking the length is a nice work around. Most of my sticks are 5 or 5.5. Every P92 I have ever used has been a 6. I cut it a little shorter to accommodate the higher lie.