Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
dsjunior1388

VH Footwear/TRUE by Scott Van Horne

5 hours ago, syinx said:

Speaking of built-in shot protection (tongues and quarter panels).  These are the VHs my friends and I all chipped in for as a birthday gift to a buddy.  He volunteer coaches 3 times a week and has been wearing the same pair of beat-up One95s since they were released.  Could never afford new skates.

Here's to another few years! :)

mwz3lw.jpg

Not metatarsal guard, another shot blocker plates built in the tongue?

Yet more Blues: Magnus Paajarvi

511770782_slide.jpg

Looks like he's still doing his unlaced top eyelet with taped tendon guard setup.

It'll be interesting to see if Stastny makes the plunge. So many former Graf skaters have, and the Blues have more and more VH wearers almost by the week.

I post to share my impression about "enhance metatarsal guard tongue".

I've read several person's impression about the meta-guard tongue on this thread as that they didn't feel better with it. So I ordered both normal and meta-guard tongues for my new 2nd VH boots.

I had been using "double felt tongue" on my former 1st VH skates. It was thicker than normal tongue. When I baked my new boots with putting on normal tongue, sooner I noticed normal tongue is weaker than double felt tongue. I felt lace bite. So I ovened meta-guard tongue and put it on.

Few members said that meta-guard was not better for them. But for me, it was much close to double felt tongue's feeling. I like meta-guard.

1 hour ago, decoy said:

Ladd with a new look

13zpon7.jpg

L-O-V-E the color scheme on that. Reminds me of the White Reeboks. Always one of the best looking skates IMO 

On 8.2.2016 at 0:16 AM, GunRunner said:

I heard that David Clarkson went into a retail store and purchased two pair of Vapor 1X's because he couldn't stand his VH's. Would a player in the NHL really go buy retail skates when they have Bauer at their disposal? I would think that all he would have to do is have the Equipment Manager call the Bauer rep and have a pair made from his foot last. Am I wrong? Just thought that was odd

2mdgbon.jpg

• Like 1

On 23.2.2016 at 0:29 PM, flip12 said:

It'll be interesting to see if Stastny makes the plunge. So many former Graf skaters have, and the Blues have more and more VH wearers almost by the week.

10yfkt2.jpg

• Like 3

Super stoked... Just got the OK from Rob to have some tabs put on my skate tongues.

The issue I've been having:

mkDGSXW.jpg

As a result, I have some early wear and tear on the interior liner (and the top of my foot keeps getting some abrasion cuts)::

bx8GjPW.jpg

So, I mocked up something like this to HOPEFULLY prevent the above from happening:

U6J9fqe.jpg

Edited by mc88

It looks like the tongue will still be rubbing as you skate, the tab would just keep the tongues centered in the boot. I would think glueing a reinforcement piece of thin leather over that area would provide a better result. 

11 minutes ago, Monty22 said:

It looks like the tongue will still be rubbing as you skate, the tab would just keep the tongues centered in the boot. I would think glueing a reinforcement piece of thin leather over that area would provide a better result. 

Just checked... and as long as it stays centered, it'll only touch the very tip of the tear. While it doesn't look it in the picture above, the tear is actually pretty far back in the boot.  

Anyone here have to order the thinner tongues after starting off with the metatarsal guard ones? How much are the regular tongues? Did you just email Rob?

It's probably back in here but I don't feel like going through 73 pages lol. Thanks.

33 minutes ago, Monty22 said:

Ah, I see it now, in back of the leather area of liner. Is it just on one side, due to the tongue shifting over?  

Fortunately, only on one side. The side where the tongue twists toward the outstep of the foot.

Does the lace "knot" move to the same side as well?   My buddy had a similar issue  with his RBZ's and I was able to correct it by installing lace locks in the top eyelets.

Hmm, lace locks on VH would be fantastic, as most of the eyelets barely need to be tight at all, but the top 3 need to be pretty tight. For me, at least.