Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
dsjunior1388

VH Footwear/TRUE by Scott Van Horne

9 hours ago, shoot_the_goalie said:

Is True going to make you a 2nd pair?

The heel liner pulled down the first time I put them on. So they said to send them back and they will measure compared to my scan and repair the liner. Their website says if they try everything and you still aren’t happy they will remake one time. So we will see. 

1 hour ago, Sniper9 said:

The Powerfoot for trues is the same as the mako. 

I wanted to get Powerfoots but I'm not sure what to do with the Velcro tab as well. Not sure if I'm supposed to put the powerfoot over it or under it. I currently have my tongues so they are a but lower and overlap the Velcro tab in the toe box.  So there isn't any Velcro sticking out on the bottom. It has decreased some negative space but I want more space taken away at the tip of the toes. It doesn't really bother me but it would definitely perfect the fit. I'm thinking if I do go the Powerfoot route, I'd either move the tongues up and put the Powerfoot over tht tab or cut the Powerfoot to accommodate the tab. 

Would like to see what others here have done. 

Yeah, I was thinking maybe cut the Powerfoot insert to accommodate the exposed velcro, and then use the remaining adhesive to adhere it to the top of the toe cap.

23 hours ago, shoot_the_goalie said:

Does anyone use Powerfoot inserts on these?  I would like to close the negative space right above my toes but don’t want to drop my tongues all the way down into the toe cap.  Would the Powerfoot adhesive mess with the Velcro tongue tab?

I used to use Powerfoot inserts on my stock Bauer skates, as I found the empty space in the toe caps disconcerting especially when doing edge drills. However, since then my skating has improved markedly, especially my edge control, and I find that I no longer need them, and I do not notice the empty space in the toe caps. It is possible that more advanced skaters than me would get some benefit, my skating is nowhere near the level of the coaches who teach us.

13 hours ago, shoot_the_goalie said:

Yeah, I was thinking maybe cut the Powerfoot insert to accommodate the exposed velcro, and then use the remaining adhesive to adhere it to the top of the toe cap.

When I used the inserts I never permanently attached them to the toecap as I wanted to be able to take them out, spray them, and let them dry outside of the boot.  You could try it that way and see if it works for you.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2018 at 2:59 PM, Buddy said:

Noticed when walking in the skates, from and to the ice a creaking noise almost. Anyone else experience this? 

So after reffing last night, I realized it is the tendon guards flexing when I walk that is the squeaking noise. Glad it's not the light speed edge holders

• Like 1

Out of curiosity - does anyone know the basic concept of the scan. I know it will clearly display any bumps or foot/ankle abnormalities, but does it also generate a size and measurements? A la, the old tracing recommendations from the old fittings. I wasn’t sure if they use the scanner to then select the last size or if they come up with the sizing based off previous skate size/shoe size etc. thanks in advance!

8 minutes ago, MCornell said:

Out of curiosity - does anyone know the basic concept of the scan. I know it will clearly display any bumps or foot/ankle abnormalities, but does it also generate a size and measurements? A la, the old tracing recommendations from the old fittings. I wasn’t sure if they use the scanner to then select the last size or if they come up with the sizing based off previous skate size/shoe size etc. thanks in advance!

Scanner gives the measurements. Basing it off previous skate or shoe sizes would defeat the point.

11 minutes ago, MCornell said:

When I got scanned, they did the 3d scan for each foot, but then also took pictures and took a bunch of information, which included my past skates (model, size, holder/runner size) and any issues that I had with them, including whether I had them punched, stretched in any areas.  

• Like 1

On 2/8/2018 at 8:20 AM, Leif said:

I used to use Powerfoot inserts on my stock Bauer skates, as I found the empty space in the toe caps disconcerting especially when doing edge drills. However, since then my skating has improved markedly, especially my edge control, and I find that I no longer need them, and I do not notice the empty space in the toe caps. It is possible that more advanced skaters than me would get some benefit, my skating is nowhere near the level of the coaches who teach us.

I'm trying to understand how the space above the toes is affecting skating?  Do I have this right that it' the space above your toes?   

5 minutes ago, shoot_the_goalie said:

When I got scanned, they did the 3d scan for each foot, but then also took pictures and took a bunch of information, which included my past skates (model, size, holder/runner size) and any issues that I had with them, including whether I had them punched, stretched in any areas.  

Impressive 

3 minutes ago, Playmakersedge said:

I'm trying to understand how the space above the toes is affecting skating?  Do I have this right that it' the space above your toes?   

Yes, its the space above the toes. If there is space there the toes and the forefoot can lift, this lift can result in loss of energy. Whilst I'm not going to comment on the energy side, I will say it works to help secure the foot into the boot. As I skate without laces, my Bauer skates are loose on my foot in the forefoot area, with powerfoot inserts fitted I get a really good lock in the forefoot.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vet88 said:

Yes, its the space above the toes. If there is space there the toes and the forefoot can lift, this lift can result in loss of energy. Whilst I'm not going to comment on the energy side, I will say it works to help secure the foot into the boot. As I skate without laces, my Bauer skates are loose on my foot in the forefoot area, with powerfoot inserts fitted I get a really good lock in the forefoot.

I see. . When I played this stuff wasn't on the table.  My guess is I probably cut down movement by Waring my skates small  .   Second nature then never thought about it . Makes sense. 

1 hour ago, Vet88 said:

I have a bad habit of curling my toes if I have too much space in the top of the toe cap.  Thus Powerfoot inserts really help with that issue.  Testing them out currently with my True skates.

1 minute ago, shoot_the_goalie said:

I have a bad habit of curling my toes if I have too much space in the top of the toe cap.  Thus Powerfoot inserts really help with that issue.  Testing them out currently with my True skates.

Did you figure out how you wanted to install them? Adjusting the tongue all the way up so it doesn't go into the toe box and then having the velcro tab covered by the power foot?  That's what I think I'd do if I were to use it. Don't really wanna have up the power foot. 

But for now having the tongue into the toe box has decreased enough room in the toe box for me to be happy with it. 

I currently have my tongues so that the velcro tab is even with the tab on the tongue, so there's not much of the tongue in the toe cap.  Then I put the powerfoot inserts into the top of the toe cap, using the bottom edge of the tongue to hold it in place (not adhering the inserts yet until I'm sold on the fit - but they stay in place when "wedging" them into the tongue, if that makes sense.  Even if I'm sold on the fit, I might not use the adhesive at all, since I'm worried it might gunk up the velcro over time.)  I tried lowering the tongues at one point before I put the inserts in, but I didn't like the feel, as the tongues are a much less forgiving material than the foam of the inserts.  With that said, with the inserts in, I get a very snug, but soft fit on the tops of my toes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shoot_the_goalie said:

I currently have my tongues so that the velcro tab is even with the tab on the tongue, so there's not much of the tongue in the toe cap.  Then I put the powerfoot inserts into the top of the toe cap, using the bottom edge of the tongue to hold it in place (not adhering the inserts yet until I'm sold on the fit - but they stay in place when "wedging" them into the tongue, if that makes sense.  Even if I'm sold on the fit, I might not use the adhesive at all, since I'm worried it might gunk up the velcro over time.)  I tried lowering the tongues at one point before I put the inserts in, but I didn't like the feel, as the tongues are a much less forgiving material than the foam of the inserts.  With that said, with the inserts in, I get a very snug, but soft fit on the tops of my toes.

Only problem I can think of by putting the Powerfoot under the Velcro tab is having the hook on the velcro rib on my socks/toes. That's why I would either cut the tab or put the Powerfoot over it.... But that would mean I would be stuck with that setup and the tongue only able to be in the one position. 

2 hours ago, Nicholas G said:

Can you order True skates without the ugly "chrome wing" on the side? 

I’m with you on that, all black would be better. 

3 hours ago, Leif said:

I’m with you on that, all black would be better. 

If you don't like the logo cover it up yourself. There's many ways you can do it.  

Edited by Sniper9

I did this with my MLX, blacked out the silver part and I thought it looked way better.  Just took a few coats with industrial black marker to sink in. 

I haven't touched my VH yet.

6 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

If you don't like the logo cover it up yourself. There's many ways you can do it.  

Once I got good enough to justify VH skates, the presence of the logo would be neither here nor there, it’s the performance that counts. But given a choice, I’d lose the logo. :12_slight_smile:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BureKovy said:

I did this with my MLX, blacked out the silver part and I thought it looked way better.  Just took a few coats with industrial black marker to sink in. 

I haven't touched my VH yet.

Think I will use Testors transparent smoke color. Kind of like what I used on my FT1. 

• Like 1

Just figured out a way to use the Powerfoot without cutting anything. Put adhesive  loop Velcro on the Powerfoot that faces up so it actually just hooks into the velcro tab by the toe box... This way u don't need to permanently stick the Powerfoot onto the toe box as well.... 🤙

• Like 1