Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
dsjunior1388

VH Footwear/TRUE by Scott Van Horne

20 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

I did.  Did them how I normally would custom fit other brands (which was more information than what VH was asking for at the time.)  Only VH/True fitting I ever did.  LOL

must've done a good job. she loves those skates dearly..... 🙂

For those who had a good VH fit and now re-ordering the Trues with the newer materials, what modifications if any should I be aware of that might change the fit based on your experience?  is it really as simple as "make the skate same as my last specs" 

1 hour ago, endomaniac said:

For those who had a good VH fit and now re-ordering the Trues with the newer materials, what modifications if any should I be aware of that might change the fit based on your experience?  is it really as simple as "make the skate same as my last specs" 

you can have the skates made with the same specs.  they have your info on file

1 hour ago, iceman8310 said:

you can have the skates made with the same specs.  they have your info on file

My fit was on file in September, including a scan and a my all pertinent sizes, kind of skate, size,  blade size, etc., then a second scan was done in November, when my first pair were deemed to be completely wrong and returned to True, again with all my own details and with a second scan!

I would make sure that True is still on the same page as your invoice data and not just relying on any scans.  True should always double check your request form or contract(when you paid your money) and any competed scans the go forward.

This did not happen in my case and I should have done it differently for sure and I would not have as problem now in 2019!

True has to to look at all of the purchaser's data as well as the scan and then go forward. In my case, unfortunately, I did not have foresight do this and I lived to regret it as my next pair was wrong again, now it's late November! It was not until very late in December that I started to suspect that one or both of my two scans were wrong, but now in late December!

It is never hurts to make sure that whatever you expect is going to be what you receive. And if you try at least to make sure you will be far better off than me!

Good luck, now I await those that continue to discredit whatever I say!

36 minutes ago, smu said:

My fit was on file in September, including a scan and a my all pertinent sizes, kind of skate, size,  blade size, etc., then a second scan was done in November, when my first pair were deemed to be completely wrong and returned to True, again with all my own details and with a second scan!

I would make sure that True is still on the same page as your invoice data and not just relying on any scans.  True should always double check your request form or contract(when you paid your money) and any competed scans the go forward.

This did not happen in my case and I should have done it differently for sure and I would not have as problem now in 2019!

True has to to look at all of the purchaser's data as well as the scan and then go forward. In my case, unfortunately, I did not have foresight do this and I lived to regret it as my next pair was wrong again, now it's late November! It was not until very late in December that I started to suspect that one or both of my two scans were wrong, but now in late December!

It is never hurts to make sure that whatever you expect is going to be what you receive. And if you try at least to make sure you will be far better off than me!

Good luck, now I await those that continue to discredit whatever I say!

Cool so we get to hear the story just one more time. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, IPv6Freely said:

Just for you buddy!

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

At least you don't get PM's.  Unless you do... Lol. 

Hi guys. I’m on my skates (custom Vapors) every day and tried to get into VH and then True on two separate occasions. Both times I felt like I was too far forward on my toes when pivoting as a defenseman. I loved the fit and the response of the skate. 

Ive spoken to a veteran member on here about profiling and flattening the steel (currently at 9.5/10.5). I’ve also heard of lifts being used in the front. 

Has anyone else struggled to transition? Was it the profile of the steel or was it the cut of the boot that angled you for forward flexion? Any recommendations or insights are appreciated. Thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MCornell said:

Hi guys. I’m on my skates (custom Vapors) every day and tried to get into VH and then True on two separate occasions. Both times I felt like I was too far forward on my toes when pivoting as a defenseman. I loved the fit and the response of the skate. 

Ive spoken to a veteran member on here about profiling and flattening the steel (currently at 9.5/10.5). I’ve also heard of lifts being used in the front. 

Has anyone else struggled to transition? Was it the profile of the steel or was it the cut of the boot that angled you for forward flexion? Any recommendations or insights are appreciated. Thanks!

I never felt more on my toes with the trues. I went from the one100 to trues both profiled to a quad zero. No issues. 

2 hours ago, MCornell said:

I felt the same in Makos. Way too much on my toes. I had them profiled and it was never a problem again. 

Maybe you’d be a good candidate for the MSH Prosharp project!

4 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

I felt the same in Makos. Way too much on my toes. I had them profiled and it was never a problem again. 

Maybe you’d be a good candidate for the MSH Prosharp project!

Thanks for the feedback - wasn’t aware of the prosharp project but have done some reading, thanks for the advice. 

Do you recall what you did profile wise to adjust? Thanks 

2 hours ago, MCornell said:

Thanks for the feedback - wasn’t aware of the prosharp project but have done some reading, thanks for the advice. 

Do you recall what you did profile wise to adjust? Thanks 

At the time I was still going to noicing for sharpening (would never use them now though) and I just had them do a “slight negative”, if I recall correctly. 

It helped a ton.

If you're going to use shims which requires removing rivets etc, I would just swap the holders to something you're used to... Just another option. But it does suck having a set of holders and steel that is just collecting dust. The true holders aren't easy to sell though, unless you more or less give them away. 

Edited by Sniper9

9 hours ago, stick9 said:

@MCornell a pitch issue can be easily and permemently solved with shims. Check the MSH Pro shop. I believe JR does shims.

Shims work well and saves your steel!

40 minutes ago, Nicholas G said:

Sad day when a customer comes in with this......

P4i0RCj1FB6F2IQnQ3fvCdhky8SQIdyIXY1HxEJs

Is that from the slot widening? Too much weight during the bake/mould process?

38 minutes ago, Sniper9 said:

Is that from the slot widening? Too much weight during the bake/mould process?

37 minutes ago, shoot_the_goalie said:

How did that happen?  Or was that a factory defect?

The customer said it was a factory defect. Not sure as we didn't fit him and he got the skates in Vancouver. I swapped the holders for him though and sent TRUE an email with the customer's information. First time I have ever seen a VH/TRUE holder with a defect. 

• Like 1

Hey guys, I can't read through 190 pages so quick question about the new skates they make: How do they compare to the original VH ones (with the carbon toe cap). Still pretty much amazing fit? How do the newer ones hold up? My original liners are showing wear and I just have a bunch of small issues, which is why I am looking for new skates. If you got the new True ones, are you as happy as you were with the VH ones back in the day?

I finally got a chance to get my first skate on my new Trues. Definitely feels different than any other skate I've ever had, and in a good way. The skate was very comfortable. The only thing I noticed after being on them for a while was my arches were a bit sore. This may just go away with time, but I have a new pair of yellow Superfeet sitting around and I may try them in the skates with the regular insoles removed. Anyone tried Superfeet insoles in True skates? Good or bad idea with the sole of the skate being somewhat shaped to the foot already?

23 minutes ago, yychockey said:

I finally got a chance to get my first skate on my new Trues. Definitely feels different than any other skate I've ever had, and in a good way. The skate was very comfortable. The only thing I noticed after being on them for a while was my arches were a bit sore. This may just go away with time, but I have a new pair of yellow Superfeet sitting around and I may try them in the skates with the regular insoles removed. Anyone tried Superfeet insoles in True skates? Good or bad idea with the sole of the skate being somewhat shaped to the foot already?

I did. I went back to the stock insoles. Like you mentioned, it makes little sense to put in something with an artificial foot shape in a boot that was made for your foot.

2 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

I did. I went back to the stock insoles. Like you mentioned, it makes little sense to put in something with an artificial foot shape in a boot that was made for your foot.

That makes sense. I'll just give it some time to see if that sensation goes away after a few more skates. 

These skates really do fit and feel different than anything else. The heel lock is incredible and it feels like the entire boot is giving your foot a hug. I think it's hard to describe the sensation accurately because the fit is extremely tight and close, but the actual boot and tongue also feels like it's cushioning your foot at the same time. I suppose this is what a proper fit with minimal negative fit feels like, as opposed to a mix of tight spots and loose spots in a regular boot feels like. Anyone else find that the overall subject feel, aside from "fitting well", feels different than any other high end skate they've used?

1 hour ago, yychockey said:

If you continue having arch pain after a few skates, you can try this which helped with my arch pain in my True's:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KCsrDNuSis

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, yychockey said:

That makes sense. I'll just give it some time to see if that sensation goes away after a few more skates. 

These skates really do fit and feel different than anything else. The heel lock is incredible and it feels like the entire boot is giving your foot a hug. I think it's hard to describe the sensation accurately because the fit is extremely tight and close, but the actual boot and tongue also feels like it's cushioning your foot at the same time. I suppose this is what a proper fit with minimal negative fit feels like, as opposed to a mix of tight spots and loose spots in a regular boot feels like. Anyone else find that the overall subject feel, aside from "fitting well", feels different than any other high end skate they've used?

I always compare it to a good pair of hiking boots. A nice even pressure all around your entire foot.