Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
dsjunior1388

VH Footwear/TRUE by Scott Van Horne

2 hours ago, SILVER82 said:

I know people in the know might not be able to answer this question but is the holder the only new!! thing with the new boot?  Anything new to the actual boot?

No its not just the holder. 

The boot is lighter by a lot. They use a new style of carbon fiber that is lighter and stronger. 

The new tongue is lighter and more protective as well as way more comfortable and allows even more forward flexion than a traditional tongue.

The new holder and quick release blade system are lighter with a faster and more reliable quick release system (Plus other cool features of the blade and holder)

All in all the boot holder is now 110 grams lighter!

Details available July 15th.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oldtrainerguy28 said:

The boot is lighter by a lot. They use a new style of carbon fiber that is lighter and stronger. 

The new tongue is lighter and more protective as well as way more comfortable and allows even more forward flexion than a traditional tongue.

The new holder and quick release blade system are lighter with a faster and more reliable quick release system (Plus other cool features of the blade and holder)

wow that is a lot of new.  I think that will quiet a lot of the complaints with regards to weight.  

Does anyone know if the July date will just be a release of info or will stores actually have them available then to see and potentially order? 

I believe the updated boot is already in production? I received my custom boot this week (waiting on TUUKS to get installed) and it felt surprisingly light to me. Not much heavier than my 1X boot i'm quite certain. 

Do you know if the new carbon is already being used or is it specifically starting on orders mid July onwards (when they release the actual new features publicly). 

All in all the boot holder is now 110 grams lighter!.

110 grams and what was the size?

39 minutes ago, Sniper9 said:

Do you know if the new carbon is already being used or is it specifically starting on orders mid July onwards (when they release the actual new features publicly). 

I dont know how to multi quote so ....

Some pros are getting it now but for production its July 15th  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, althoma1 said:

Looks like the release system might be the blue part pushing in from side to side to lock/unlock? 

2 hours ago, smcgreg said:

Less imitation?

Hmm.... that back end looks a lot like another skate.... which one??  Hmmm....

You mean the holder? Only thing that looks kind of similar is the design around the vents of the holder seems similar to the xs/SB 4.0 

5 minutes ago, Sniper9 said:

You mean the holder? Only thing that looks kind of similar is the design around the vents of the holder seems similar to the xs/SB 4.0 

Up close it looks liken no other skate out there. And the blade comes out so much easier and locks in better than anything else. And I'm a huge fan of the new XS holder. I would have said the XS would have taken over if this one had not have come out. I know @Nicholas G agrees. 

The only issue I can see at this early time is that it may only be available from a True Dealer.......but I am not sure that's set in stone yet.

Edited by oldtrainerguy28

1 hour ago, Sniper9 said:

Um no.  The heel of old Trues vs the heel of the new Trues, see the difference?  What does it look like?

1 hour ago, smcgreg said:

Um no.  The heel of old Trues vs the heel of the new Trues, see the difference?  What does it look like?

Looks the same to me. Carbon fibre with resin. 

1 hour ago, smcgreg said:

After looking at it again, maybe you're right.  The picture made it look more like a mako heel, but I think it's just the lighting or something.  Nevermind....

Glad the EQMs like it - but again, there’s no chance that thing gets installed on Bauer and CCMs at scale. 

Edited by Cavs019

I don’t care enough about holder looks to have it sway what I’ll use, but having said that, I think the new holder looks messy and complicated compared to the Step/VH holder. I thought that one looked really nice overall.

A lighter boot and different tongue would be great - I can't fit mine (granted, second hand) with the default tongue.

And the "other cool feature" of the holder might be a pitch adjustment system or similar, something people without access to a blade profiler would appreciate 🙂

So this has convinced me, I'll wait with ordering my own True skate until the new one is in production.

5 hours ago, gosinger said:

A lighter boot and different tongue would be great - I can't fit mine (granted, second hand) with the default tongue.

And the "other cool feature" of the holder might be a pitch adjustment system or similar, something people without access to a blade profiler would appreciate 🙂

So this has convinced me, I'll wait with ordering my own True skate until the new one is in production.

Has pitch adjustment ever been a feature on a holder before?  Seems like a pretty smart idea

12 hours ago, smcgreg said:

After looking at it again, maybe you're right.  The picture made it look more like a mako heel, but I think it's just the lighting or something.  Nevermind....

But the Mako was derived from the MLX which was designed by Scott Van Horne. So do you consider imitating your own design imitation? 🤔

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Larry54 said:

But the Mako was derived from the MLX which was designed by Scott Van Horne. So do you consider imitating your own design imitation? 🤔

Yes, but I can't copy and paste myself in a publication... that's plagiarism.  Just saying.

Seriously though, yes, I know and I was kind of thinking the same thing, but at the end of the day Mako and True (VH) are two different skate lines, so, one would be imitating the other if the scenario played out.  heck it would be very nice if somebody would simply imitate makos for real so I don't need to keep scouring the web for 5 yr old "new" skates for my kids.  Oh well...

• Like 1