Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
dsjunior1388

VH Footwear/TRUE by Scott Van Horne

3 minutes ago, smcgreg said:

Yes, but I can't copy and paste myself in a publication... that's plagiarism.  Just saying.

Seriously though, yes, I know and I was kind of thinking the same thing, but at the end of the day Mako and True (VH) are two different skate lines, so, one would be imitating the other if the scenario played out.  heck it would be very nice if somebody would simply imitate makos for real so I don't need to keep scouring the web for 5 yr old "new" skates for my kids.  Oh well...

Zizek can and does. It really depends on what kind of publication.

Skates from different manufacturers actually do imitate each other quite a bit, so this wouldn’t be that far out of the ordinary.

11 hours ago, flip12 said:

I don’t care enough about holder looks to have it sway what I’ll use, but having said that, I think the new holder looks messy and complicated compared to the Step/VH holder. I thought that one looked really nice overall.

It looked nice but was heavy and not as easy to use or functional. Hence why pro teams (at all levels) never really embraced it. That being said I loved how rigid and stiff it is when compared to a flimsy Tuuk Edge holder. 

Edited by Nicholas G

On 6/28/2019 at 9:04 AM, oldtrainerguy28 said:

No its not just the holder. 

The boot is lighter by a lot. They use a new style of carbon fiber that is lighter and stronger. 

The new tongue is lighter and more protective as well as way more comfortable and allows even more forward flexion than a traditional tongue.

The new holder and quick release blade system are lighter with a faster and more reliable quick release system (Plus other cool features of the blade and holder)

All in all the boot holder is now 110 grams lighter!

Details available July 15th.

I'm glad you posted this, it was eating away at me wanting to say something. The last thing I wanted though was wrath from some of the TRUE staff 😉 

• Like 1

Upon release most dealers, myself included, won't even have them in stock. Which kinda sucks... I know we are going to be a lot of players asking to have these mounted. Also, I have been wondering how open-minded they are going to be about third-party companies making steel that fits the holder. I really would love to see some type of partnership with Flare. That would be a deadly combination. 

Edited by Nicholas G

24 minutes ago, Nicholas G said:

Upon release most dealers, myself included, won't even have them in stock. Which kinda sucks... I know we are going to be a lot of players asking to have these mounted. Also, I have been wondering how open-minded they are going to be about third-party companies making steel that fits the holder. I really would love to see some type of partnership with Flare. That would be a deadly combination. 

I am going to check on the patent. Might have a patent pending hence why at this time only available through True Dealers.  

1 hour ago, flip12 said:

Zizek can and does. It really depends on what kind of publication.

Skates from different manufacturers actually do imitate each other quite a bit, so this wouldn’t be that far out of the ordinary.

At the risk of getting too far off topic, it is possible to be guilty of plagiarizing oneself in a peer reviewed article.  That being said, my original comment was ironically pointed at what appeared to be copying the Mako, since I'm well aware SVH was involved with DC on the MLX skate.  The reason I thought it was worth noting was that if the heel had changed, maybe the boot had gotten lighter.  It appears from subsequent comments that it has gotten lighter, although I'm not sure the heel has actually changed. 

Back on topic, if the weight has come down, that's very interesting.  My son is a Dman and since he's a bantam, shots are starting to hurt the foot in Makos.  I told him he should get a beefier skate and Trues are better for that, but he hated the weight when he tried them on.  So, if the weight has come down significantly, but they are still more resistant to shots than the Makos, it might be time to switch. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, smcgreg said:

At the risk of getting too far off topic, it is possible to be guilty of plagiarizing oneself in a peer reviewed article.  That being said, my original comment was ironically pointed at what appeared to be copying the Mako, since I'm well aware SVH was involved with DC on the MLX skate.  The reason I thought it was worth noting was that if the heel had changed, maybe the boot had gotten lighter.  It appears from subsequent comments that it has gotten lighter, although I'm not sure the heel has actually changed. 

Back on topic, if the weight has come down, that's very interesting.  My son is a Dman and since he's a bantam, shots are starting to hurt the foot in Makos.  I told him he should get a beefier skate and Trues are better for that, but he hated the weight when he tried them on.  So, if the weight has come down significantly, but they are still more resistant to shots than the Makos, it might be time to switch. 

iN THE VIDEO THE STORES RECEIVED oops caps lock sorry. Scott explains the difference in materials and that using this new one the skate is lighter and as strong or stronger. So yes it would be a great skate to switch to now. Also, the tongue is amazing my son is 6`1`190 at 15 and growing so fast he had a hard time bending but he got samples of the new tongue midseason and it was an immediate change and improvement. I would say 3 to 5 degrees more forward flexion available. With that and the Hockey Stability System used (formerly Red Dog Hockey Boost), he has gone from the worst single A team in his age group to a top 6 AA team and playing AAA summer hockey. He is 3rd in scoring on the 3rd place team for summer hockey. And he is doing hardly any extra off and on ice training. He can move better and sees the ice better now. (this part kills me he needs to start..LOL)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oldtrainerguy28 said:

iN THE VIDEO THE STORES RECEIVED oops caps lock sorry. Scott explains the difference in materials and that using this new one the skate is lighter and as strong or stronger. So yes it would be a great skate to switch to now. Also, the tongue is amazing my son is 6`1`190 at 15 and growing so fast he had a hard time bending but he got samples of the new tongue midseason and it was an immediate change and improvement. I would say 3 to 5 degrees more forward flexion available. With that and the Hockey Stability System used (formerly Red Dog Hockey Boost), he has gone from the worst single A team in his age group to a top 6 AA team and playing AAA summer hockey. He is 3rd in scoring on the 3rd place team for summer hockey. And he is doing hardly any extra off and on ice training. He can move better and sees the ice better now. (this part kills me he needs to start..LOL)

so, the newer lighter construction will be available on the 15th? or is that already available, just the holder changes on the 15th? 

I am considering getting their inline skates first, and then if I like them, getting the ice version in fall, but I don't want to miss out on a lighter construction by ordering too early. 

16 minutes ago, Stewie said:

so, the newer lighter construction will be available on the 15th? or is that already available, just the holder changes on the 15th? 

I am considering getting their inline skates first, and then if I like them, getting the ice version in fall, but I don't want to miss out on a lighter construction by ordering too early. 

I would say if your ordering roller you would be safe. Just have it marked on the sheet new tounge.  The rest should all be new. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, oldtrainerguy28 said:

What is Reddog Hockey Boost/Hockey Stability System?  

Edited by Nicholas G

On 6/28/2019 at 9:04 AM, oldtrainerguy28 said:

No its not just the holder. 

The boot is lighter by a lot. They use a new style of carbon fiber that is lighter and stronger. 

The new tongue is lighter and more protective as well as way more comfortable and allows even more forward flexion than a traditional tongue.

The new holder and quick release blade system are lighter with a faster and more reliable quick release system (Plus other cool features of the blade and holder)

All in all the boot holder is now 110 grams lighter!

Details available July 15th.

But is it 12K?  LOL  Sorry, the older guys will get that joke... 😂

Look forward to seeing you next week!  Safe travels, essay...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JunkyardAthletic said:

But is it 12K?  LOL  Sorry, the older guys will get that joke... 😂

Look forward to seeing you next week!  Safe travels, essay...

Ohhh hahaha. You coming to visit at the Toyota Center?? Arrive Saturday 

Will this new holder have goalie runners available, as well or would we goalies be stuck with the old holders?

Edited by bunnyman666

15 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

Will this new holder have goalie runners available, as well or would we goalies be stuck with the old holders?

No one cares about goalies...... kidding. 

Not sure. 

51 minutes ago, Nicholas G said:

No one cares about goalies...... kidding. 

Not sure. 

LOL

I took a hard shot off my foot with the cowling-free skate which led me to hastily take off the old holder and install a Vaughn cowling.  I have enough steel for a few years. I will end up making my new cowls (to go under the new holder) because I just don’t trust the boot to protect me. But the boot fits me WONDERFULLY, so I make allowances.

But a better executed quick removal runner is great. 

Just got scanned for a pair of trues today as my VH are totally falling apart after four years!

Im in a bit of a quandary with this new boot/holder/tongue situation.

For now I’m just waiting to hear back any details I can get - for starters whether they make them in 306 (don’t think the old ones were) given that my order wouldn’t be shipped until after this release date. I’ve asked the store to pass on this message and we’ll see how it all pans out.

anyone know what this new tongue is like? I’m a big fan of the old metatarsal tongue so was a wuss and went for that again. Also, are step making steel for the new holders?

Edited by greyskull

56 minutes ago, greyskull said:

Just got scanned for a pair of trues today as my VH are totally falling apart after four years!

Im in a bit of a quandary with this new boot/holder/tongue situation.

For now I’m just waiting to hear back any details I can get - for starters whether they make them in 306 (don’t think the old ones were) given that my order wouldn’t be shipped until after this release date. I’ve asked the store to pass on this message and we’ll see how it all pans out.

anyone know what this new tongue is like? I’m a big fan of the old metatarsal tongue so was a wuss and went for that again. Also, are step making steel for the new holders?

From pictures I've seen step is making the steel for the new holders. 

Below is the ig acct for pro skate corner. Some pics of the new tongue. Theres more pics floating out there on IG. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

From pictures I've seen step is making the steel for the new holders. 

Below is the ig acct for pro skate corner. Some pics of the new tongue. Theres more pics floating out there on IG. 

Correct Step is making the steel and talked to both today a ton of stock will be ready to ship soon. All steel will go through True. Yes the holder runner is patent pending world wide so I think it will be a while before there are any knock offs. Besides it's a very intricate design and not like a typical blade. 

Should be interesting.  

1 minute ago, SILVER82 said:

Is there a reason why the steel looks so small.  Is there a standard steel and then an up charge to go to step steel?  

That is Step. And the holder is taller. More info coming......😉

21 minutes ago, SILVER82 said:

Is there a reason why the steel looks so small.  Is there a standard steel and then an up charge to go to step steel?  

No need to have tall steel if the height is built into a stiff lightweight holder. 😉

Pumped for these! 

• Like 1