Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
dsjunior1388

VH Footwear/TRUE by Scott Van Horne

Also, their steel for the original holder was ridiculously tall. And it's quite a bit of weight that can be taken off just by reducing the steel a bit. 

9 hours ago, Nicholas G said:

No need to have tall steel if the height is built into a stiff lightweight holder. 😉

Pumped for these! 

That makes sense. I thought one of the selling points for step was the angle of attack and ability to profile without taking away all your steel. 

1 hour ago, SILVER82 said:

That makes sense. I thought one of the selling points for step was the angle of attack and ability to profile without taking away all your steel. 

With their old steel it would literally Outlast the skates.....

1 hour ago, Sniper9 said:

With their old steel it would literally Outlast the skates.....

I recall one of the first pair of TRUE skates with the VH/STEP holder we sold. The customer ask me to grind off 1/2 the steel cause it was too tall and it was throwing off his balance..... That was a very long process which chewed up my cross grind wheel. 

If the holder is designed properly the height of steel doesn't matter as much as the skate won't "boot out." Bauer is also aware of this concept as they did something similar, but very ugly, with the OD1N concept skates for Ovi and Kane, etc

The new tongue looks a lot like the one VH offered as an option a few years ago. And that was just a thinner version of the original tongue from a few years earlier. IIRC, the felt tongue had replaced the original tongue by popular demand.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Larry54 said:

The new tongue looks a lot like the one VH offered as an option a few years ago. And that was just a thinner version of the original tongue from a few years earlier. IIRC, the felt tongue had replaced the original tongue by popular demand.

Exactly what I thought! I’ll pass I think.

just waiting to hear whether we can get the new holder and runner in 306, and when and my order will be placed!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, greyskull said:

just waiting to hear whether we can get the new holder and runner in 306, and when and my order will be placed!

To be fair, I actually preferred the original tongue that came with the first VH skates. I thought that the felt tongue was to appease the conservatively-minded hockey player, and was actually a downgrade from the original dense foam tongue that was thicker in the center and tapered toward the sides, and it contained a stiff thermoformable plate to conform to the top of the foot and protect it from lace bite.

1 hour ago, Slick50 said:

Mine are still in production.  Maybe I can luck out and get the new version?  LMAO

I wonder if you get to choose post July 15th... Or if they completely stopped producing the original

On 7/3/2019 at 1:10 PM, greyskull said:

Not available in 306. 

On 7/3/2019 at 7:58 AM, SILVER82 said:

That's why the holder is taller. .maintains that angle with less weight and steel

44 minutes ago, oldtrainerguy28 said:

Not available in 306. 

Thanks boss, any idea what they may/may not ship with if I order? Or will they do boot only? The rep over here in the UK seems to have been left in the dark about a lot of this new stuff!

Totally fine with Edge holders, just wanted to try something different.

Edited by greyskull

1 hour ago, greyskull said:

Thanks boss, any idea what they may/may not ship with if I order? Or will they do boot only? The rep over here in the UK seems to have been left in the dark about a lot of this new stuff!

Totally fine with Edge holders, just wanted to try something different.

If you can get the new holder..  get it

On 7/3/2019 at 12:10 PM, greyskull said:

They may not bother with 306mm holders like with the first True holder, I had to get LS Edges on mine for the same reason.

6 hours ago, hollowicked said:

no example of functionality for the holder,

Well it has a quick release system. Easier to pop blades out than the others. Its taller holder and shorter steel reduce weight but maintain turning ability on sharp turns and the new holder is nice and rigid so no flexing 

I'll get mine next Saturday.  They finished and shipped today.  They'll be at the shop on Wednesday, but I can't get up north until Saturday booooooo!

Anyone know what type of nut is on the underside of this. Is it just a t nut like the ones on our helmets? Also, is the thread the same? t0VcBRx.jpg

Edited by Sniper9

3 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

Anyone know what type of nut is on the underside of this. Is it just a t nut like the ones on our helmets? Also, is the thread the same? t0VcBRx.jpg

Did you reach out to True or your local True dealer?

1 hour ago, flip12 said:

Did you reach out to True or your local True dealer?

About my broken tab? Well I got my skate back and they pretty much just redid what I initially did by epoxying the Velcro to the underside of the toe box. Which was a waste of time if you ask me. Almost 4 weeks without the skate to have them do what I already did.... Four weeks for something that takes ten mins to do and a 24 hr cure at most   

What made it worse was when they told me it was likely the toe cap would be replaced, and my fitter removed the holder in anticipation of that.  So now I have to go back to my fitter to have the holder reinstalled. 

I'm only inquiring about the bolt system bc I actually like it better and seems like a better solution long term. I'll leave the epoxy until it ( if it) ever starts to fail.