Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
dsjunior1388

VH Footwear/TRUE by Scott Van Horne

Normally my modus operandi as well but needed to get the cash in. Luckily I found my old vapor XXX's in the garage. Retro styles for a week I guess!

Haha, oh no, that sucks! Mine just got here, and already in my skate oven as I type this.

They look really good. Scott's attention to detail on these are top notch. No luck getting my foot in before baking though, so we'll have to see how the fit goes once they're baked.

Yeah, let me know when we're here. Are you bringing your gear, or just your skates?

Full gear bud. I'm driving down Monday I think and I'll be in town all week. Most recent update on my tracking. There in Chicago lol pretty far away.

Throw some pics up of your skates!

Dude. That's weird as heck. Mine say the exact same thing. Same time date and location... maybe our skates are cruising around together lol

October 30, 2013 , 12:46 am Processed Through Sort Facility ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS)

I'm curious about the lifespan of these . If I recall, there were a few MLX users complaining of the composites breaking down and "going soft". I wonder if the carbon "recipe " is the same on these. The exposed carbon on the toe concerns me a bit. Looks cool, but that area is subject to significant abuse.

Mine shipped this morning after having just ordered a week ago. That is fast! I'm so excited I can't stop checking the tracker.

Any one have any tips for baking at home? I read the information on the website and watched the videos. Also, how long should I wait after baking until I can skate in them?

Any one use a shoe horn like suggested on the website?

Thanks

Mine shipped this morning after having just ordered a week ago. That is fast! I'm so excited I can't stop checking the tracker.

Any one have any tips for baking at home? I read the information on the website and watched the videos. Also, how long should I wait after baking until I can skate in them?

Any one use a shoe horn like suggested on the website?

Thanks

I asked Scott and he said that a few hours is all that is needed after baking before skating. I just followed the instructions on the website for baking. I did not use a shoe horn though. I was able to lace the skates down very loose and get my foot in fairly easy.

I am in northern Jersey. Always nice to see another jersey boy. My skates took one week to get to me after shipping. Be patient. Well worth the wait.

Dude. That's weird as heck. Mine say the exact same thing. Same time date and location... maybe our skates are cruising around together lol

October 30, 2013 , 12:46 am Processed Through Sort Facility ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS)

Skate twins!

I'm curious about the lifespan of these . If I recall, there were a few MLX users complaining of the composites breaking down and "going soft". I wonder if the carbon "recipe " is the same on these. The exposed carbon on the toe concerns me a bit. Looks cool, but that area is subject to significant abuse.

would rhino spray or a rubber in a can work to fix this? By spraying it on the toe cap and heel would it create some sort of protection? I don't have experience with this but wondered if it would help.

I asked Scott and he said that a few hours is all that is needed after baking before skating. I just followed the instructions on the website for baking. I did not use a shoe horn though. I was able to lace the skates down very loose and get my foot in fairly easy.

I am in northern Jersey. Always nice to see another jersey boy. My skates took one week to get to me after shipping. Be patient. Well worth the wait.

Let's say I got my skates baked at 11am would they be ready to go by 2 or 3pm? Would sticking them in a cooler or freezer help them after molding?

Got mine yesterday. Heat molded them this morning. They fit amazing.

I think I messed up the foam a little on one of the heel locks. Perhaps I should've used a shoe horn. :/

I'll have to see what Scott says about correcting it.