Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
MSH Pro Shop closing from 12/2 until 12/9 Read more... ×
Reviews wanted! Read more... ×
dsjunior1388

VH Footwear/TRUE by Scott Van Horne

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

Underneath the post you're trying to quote, there is a button that says Quote.  To the left of it, there is a button with a +.  You can click multiple posts to quote at one time.  Once you choose the first post, a pop up will appear in the bottom right hand corner that would say Quote 1 post.  If you add more posts, the total updates.  Then click the box and it puts it all in the post.

I am confused, but if I hit "Quote" only the above post is shown so am I supposed to hit + first? Before I get more of member's anger? If I do hit + only the above is quoted, what makes the difference.

This has to be the most negative thread I have ever been on, as of late anyway! I try to help, somebody and too much I agree, but I like to help. Now and get slammed again with a smart remark from the same member not the remark you see now, but posted and removed. He does seem popular, I guess I need to be popular and not help, that's what to do!

It's suggested I get as "much as I can $$" out of this fiasco and many jumped on the bus "saying lets go", unfortunately, it was late at night or early morning and I was on a second beer! That can explain why I was active. Yes I could do a lot, I know the law and know what I can and cannot do, but I would just like to have the cost I was first invoiced for. a junior size at $799.

I gave my opinion that my LHS contact is the greatest and not to blame here, True, unequivocally said it was their fault! Why can't we just this go with that!

Also, the issue of a measly liner for the skate, I sure wish I had not mentioned that little error! It is just that a liner nothing else regardless of what a case some are trying to make out of this and no matter what, don't blame me.

Who gets the "brownie points" on this one?

Let's see!

JR, please indicate do I go + first or usually or what?

Thanks

  • Facepalm 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Leif said:

Apologies if this has already been posted, but I came across this PDF file while looking into the heat moulding process. It describes fitting True skates, heat moulding them, and getting a tighter ankle fit:

https://www.true-hockey.com/media/TRUE_Step_By_Step_Guide_EN_Online.compressed.pdf

I thought it might be of interest. 

Also, does anyone have a link to the description of how to clamp True skates in this thread. It’s a long thread, and I don’t want to read every page. 

 

If you go to trues youtube channel everything is on there.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, smu said:

I am confused, but if I hit "Quote" only the above post is shown so am I supposed to hit + first? Before I get more of member's anger? If I do hit + only the above is quoted, what makes the difference.

This has to be the most negative thread I have ever been on, as of late anyway! I try to help, somebody and too much I agree, but I like to help. Now and get slammed again with a smart remark from the same member not the remark you see now, but posted and removed. He does seem popular, I guess I need to be popular and not help, that's what to do!

It's suggested I get as "much as I can $$" out of this fiasco and many jumped on the bus "saying lets go", unfortunately, it was late at night or early morning and I was on a second beer! That can explain why I was active. Yes I could do a lot, I know the law and know what I can and cannot do, but I would just like to have the cost I was first invoiced for. a junior size at $799.

I gave my opinion that my LHS contact is the greatest and not to blame here, True, unequivocally said it was their fault! Why can't we just this go with that!

Also, the issue of a measly liner for the skate, I sure wish I had not mentioned that little error! It is just that a liner nothing else regardless of what a case some are trying to make out of this and no matter what, don't blame me.

Who gets the "brownie points" on this one?

Let's see!

JR, please indicate do I go + first or usually or what?

Thanks

Members can edit their posts. So can you. So, the insinuation that we’re protecting “popular” members by deleting their posts is certainly not the case here.  We don’t do that. 

MultiQuote works when you want to quote multiple people, so that you have one post, not 6. 

It lays it all out for you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, jared9356 said:

There have been no signs of wear, I can just see the liner having issues as the skate has so little negative space.

There should actually be LESS wear. Extra space = movement = friction.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, CigarScott said:

If you don't have one already, get yourself a shoe horn to help get the skates on and off. I picked up one for like $2 at IKEA that I keep in my bag.

Agreed with this. I bought one that I can actually use without even bending over. It’s like 2’ long. I get weird looks when I use it around people that don’t know me. I don’t care. It helps SO much to get the skate on!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

Members can edit their posts. So can you. So, the insinuation that we’re protecting “popular” members by deleting their posts is certainly not the case here.  We don’t do that. 

MultiQuote works when you want to quote multiple people, so that you have one post, not 6. 

It lays it all out for you. 

I was not insinuating anything, I was stating a fact. You misinterpreted my post or did not understand it. Again, what the heck did I do wrong by posting? I just hit the "QUOTE" button. It does not make sense unless you are told much earlier than this that it is wrong? I then entered my answers or thoughts.

I did not mean to multi-quote people, I had no intention of doing that, I guess I never knew that I was multi quoting just by "Quoting"! Have I got that straight yet! I am not sure if I should post again because of hurting peoples feelings and may do it wrong.

It is funny I see nobody dared hit the button to like, facepalm, sad, confused, laughing or thanking this time maybe they were confused by all of this or just did not dare!

That's a nice way to be!

Next time I post I will try and be more careful, but I am not clear on the procedure for sure now. But multiquote is for "when you want to quote multiple people so you have one post" and just quoting means that many people get notified. A little backward if you ask me, but I will do that.

This time I did hit the + first I hope that was correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

Someone please. Make. It. Stop. 

Sniper9,

Would not it had been better if you could have simply told me what I was doing wrong instead of embarrassing me and the have the moderator do your work for you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, smu said:

I was not insinuating anything, I was stating a fact. You misinterpreted my post or did not understand it. Again, what the heck did I do wrong by posting? I just hit the "QUOTE" button. It does not make sense unless you are told much earlier than this that it is wrong? I then entered my answers or thoughts.

I did not mean to multi-quote people, I had no intention of doing that, I guess I never knew that I was multi quoting just by "Quoting"! Have I got that straight yet! I am not sure if I should post again because of hurting peoples feelings and may do it wrong.

It is funny I see nobody dared hit the button to like, facepalm, sad, confused, laughing or thanking this time maybe they were confused by all of this or just did not dare!

That's a nice way to be!

Next time I post I will try and be more careful, but I am not clear on the procedure for sure now. But multiquote is for "when you want to quote multiple people so you have one post" and just quoting means that many people get notified. A little backward if you ask me, but I will do that.

This time I did hit the + first I hope that was correct.

smu -

I am trying to help you here.  Twice.  And both times you bit my head off, both times.  

On one instance you had 6 posts in a row.  Then you had 5 posts in the row.  It is annoying to read and extremely hard to follow. While perhaps you don't like that you got called out on it by members, but the OWNER of this website did not do so; all he did was tell you how to avoid that by using the MultiQuote function.  

Assess the situation and think before you post.  If you see several posts you want to respond to, use MultiQuote.  If you're just replying to one post, then just reply to it.

At this point, I ask for this situation to be resolved going forward.  If you want to talk about your True skates when they arrive, by all means, do that.  But it's high time to put this to bed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JR I was not biting your head ofnow a member lashed out about multi posting. f at all I said I was confused along with other things, I have never had any other confrontation with anybody on the forum before and was never told about the multi posting.

I am very sorry if you felt that I was calling you out, but frustration does get in the way at times and things are said that should not be especially when another member lashes out about me multi posting. and says something like “please , please will someone stop this (person)now”. It makes me feel petty sh...y and embarrassed.

I did thank you for pointing the method out once again near the end of my post though. It’s got to be just sheer frustration with everything that has happened here. You will note that I wanted to shut this whole thing down last week, but it was hard to when I kept getting guestioned.

My apologizes if I said anything to offend you, you are moderator and don’t need that for sure.

Thanks for your understanding.  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After all this talk about poor fit centers, does anyone have recommendations for proven fit centers that are in driving distance of the Washington D.C. area? At the moment, going to Westside skate and stick in NY is the most obvious option. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dimpledballs said:

After all this talk about poor fit centers, does anyone have recommendations for proven fit centers that are in driving distance of the Washington D.C. area? At the moment, going to Westside skate and stick in NY is the most obvious option. 

Is PH Rockville on the list?  Bret's a good dude, and a MSH member.  I've consulted on his fittings back when it was a TH; now he's cranking them out consistently.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JR Boucicaut said:

Is PH Rockville on the list?  Bret's a good dude, and a MSH member.  I've consulted on his fittings back when it was a TH; now he's cranking them out consistently.

Yeah I've talked to Bret, his first suggestion for me was to go for a skate orthotic before trying VH. I was initially going to go with his advice but if a skate orthotic is going to cost upwards of 300-500$, I'd rather just get the skates. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, dimpledballs said:

Yeah I've talked to Bret, his first suggestion for me was to go for a skate orthotic before trying VH. I was initially going to go with his advice but if a skate orthotic is going to cost upwards of 300-500$, I'd rather just get the skates. 

The orthotic might save you money in the long run. Won't need to get fit for each new pair of skates. Sounds like it was just a suggestion, because even customs won't solve every issue. To each their own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, dimpledballs said:

Yeah I've talked to Bret, his first suggestion for me was to go for a skate orthotic before trying VH. I was initially going to go with his advice but if a skate orthotic is going to cost upwards of 300-500$, I'd rather just get the skates. 

 

Is the problem the orthotic was going to solve something that True can solve with a fitting? My understanding of Orthotics is it helps fix pronation, and your ankle rolling one way or the other because of an improperly fitting footbed/insole. Is that your situation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, dimpledballs said:

Yeah I've talked to Bret, his first suggestion for me was to go for a skate orthotic before trying VH. I was initially going to go with his advice but if a skate orthotic is going to cost upwards of 300-500$, I'd rather just get the skates. 

When I was fitting skates, customs were a last resort, especially when it was something that could be solved before going that route.  

I don't throw out recommendations for people very often; it's very hard to find a fitter who is willing to work out issues rather than just taking money from a customer.  That's why Bret's on my extremely short list.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Wolfpack_1986 said:

The orthotic might save you money in the long run. Won't need to get fit for each new pair of skates. Sounds like it was just a suggestion, because even customs won't solve every issue. To each their own.

 

19 minutes ago, IniNew said:

 

Is the problem the orthotic was going to solve something that True can solve with a fitting? My understanding of Orthotics is it helps fix pronation, and your ankle rolling one way or the other because of an improperly fitting footbed/insole. Is that your situation?

 

11 minutes ago, JR Boucicaut said:

When I was fitting skates, customs were a last resort, especially when it was something that could be solved before going that route.  

I don't throw out recommendations for people very often; it's very hard to find a fitter who is willing to work out issues rather than just taking money from a customer.  That's why Bret's on my extremely short list.

Yeah, I have pretty bad pronation that flattens out my arch. You can see the extent of the pronation from the Bauer Scan. If I skate hard, the part of my arch closest to my ankle presses against the boot and gives me a crap ton of pain. I'm currently in a pair of 7EE Nexus skates where I've tried superfeet/ccm insoles/speedplates all of which were not effective at combating the pronation. Additionally, the 7EE skates are slightly too narrow at the forefoot so I was hoping to fix that as well.

I was hoping that the custom skates would make a pocket of space where my ankle/arch can rest against without being jammed against the boot to help relieve the pressure. 

Edited by dimpledballs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So tested out my different insoles and the speed plates are by far the best fitting... The ccm orthomoves were kind of a disappointment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2018 at 11:13 AM, dimpledballs said:

 

 

Yeah, I have pretty bad pronation that flattens out my arch. You can see the extent of the pronation from the Bauer Scan. If I skate hard, the part of my arch closest to my ankle presses against the boot and gives me a crap ton of pain. I'm currently in a pair of 7EE Nexus skates where I've tried superfeet/ccm insoles/speedplates all of which were not effective at combating the pronation. Additionally, the 7EE skates are slightly too narrow at the forefoot so I was hoping to fix that as well.

I was hoping that the custom skates would make a pocket of space where my ankle/arch can rest against without being jammed against the boot to help relieve the pressure. 

All you've been saying so far still tells me you should explore the orthotic route.  And there's very well a good possibility that you will still need it with custom skates.  In a custom boot, the goal is to not have negative space; but in your post, you're asking for negative space.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

All you've been saying so far still tells me you should explore the orthotic route.  And there's very well a good possibility that you will still need it with custom skates.  In a custom boot, the goal is to not have negative space; but in your post, you're asking for negative space.

Maybe I am off the mark, but True will build in that arch support if they are given the proper information and negative space will be gone. I hope I a on topic as I have not followed in the last few days. If not, ignore the post!

Edited by smu
reoved two words - grammar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/27/2018 at 4:55 AM, IniNew said:

My understanding of Orthotics is it helps fix pronation, and your ankle rolling one way or the other because of an improperly fitting footbed/insole.

Orthotics in ice skates do not fix pronation. In a shoe the orthotic has the ground to provide the support it needs to shape the foot. In an ice skate a 1/8" wide piece of steel does not provide the support the orthotic needs so your foot will still pronate. You need to either 1: move the holder inwards 2: shim the outside of the holder 3: learn to skate with your laces undone 4: buy the stiffest boots you can with the narrowest heel you can fit into and when they start to open up after a short while then buy a new pair. Anyone who wants to sell you orthotics on the premise that it will fix your pronation in ice skates is just selling a dream.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2018 at 5:21 AM, smu said:

Maybe I am off the mark, but True will build in that arch support if they are given the proper information and negative space will be gone. I hope I a on topic as I have not followed in the last few days. If not, ignore the post!

Have we not gotten the skates yet? 

  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×