Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RickDC

New Supreme 2s

Was at my LHS looking to try new skates. I'm having real trouble because of bone calcification build up on my inner ankles which cause rubbing on the eyelets on other skates (thanks Mako 1s!). Was chatting with the guy who was a fellow gear freak about the Mako 2's (which I currently own and love). 

He said that this year / next year Bauer will be releasing the Supreme 2s which will incorporate a lot of the Mako 2+ technology - a while back I met David Cruickshank, the designer of the Makos (he was awesome and comp'd me a pair of Mako 2's after seeing the destruction the 1's caused my feet).. and had a great chat with him when the Mako 2's were just being released and the technology that was being put into the Mako 3s.. So will be super exciting to revisit these after trying on every other skate and hating them all!

38 minutes ago, RickDC said:

He said that this year / next year Bauer will be releasing the Supreme 2s which will incorporate a lot of the Mako 2+ technology - a while back I met David Cruickshank, the designer of the Makos (he was awesome and comp'd me a pair of Mako 2's after seeing the destruction the 1's caused my feet).. and had a great chat with him when the Mako 2's were just being released and the technology that was being put into the Mako 3s.. So will be super exciting to revisit these after trying on every other skate and hating them all!

No...he was misinformed.  

27 minutes ago, SILVER82 said:

This is the first reference I have seen to a mako 3. Was that a thing?  Did it not get launched due to Easton getting bought out?

There was a GX skate replacing it. 

I saw it last year. 

Easton was bought way before they could’ve released it anyway.

The tech has probably been scrapped and we won’t see a Bauer skate with it.

EDIT: JR answered it above.

10 hours ago, Nicholas G said:

Impressed or not so much? 

It was just an updated Mako.  It obviously never saw (and won't see) the light of day.

...well the current assignee is Bauer. 

Find that interesting - I had suggested different stiffness tendon guards when they were showing the original Mako but they didn’t want to alter anything with the boot. 

17 minutes ago, JR Boucicaut said:

...well the current assignee is Bauer. 

Find that interesting - I had suggested different stiffness tendon guards when they were showing the original Mako but they didn’t want to alter anything with the boot. 

JR, when you do a custom Bauer skate fitting, is there anything you can customize that would allow a smaller guy to flex a top level skate? The features of the 2S Pro look great, but I’m sure it will be way too stiff and tire out my lower legs after five minutes.

I think there’s some stiffness options on the quarter package? Is there any way to make the top-of-the-line boot as soft as like the $200 model?

20 minutes ago, JR Boucicaut said:

Retail stiffness (and 80% of custom orders) is 2. You can drop down to a 1. 

Is a 1 equivalent to say an X800 in terms of stiffness and the 2 the X900/1X stiffness?