Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

number_22

In search of new gloves - Tips?

I'm on the lookout for new gloves, I recently got the Bauer Vapor X800 gloves, because they were super light and fit loose, but the build quality on these is absolutely awful and the palms are already starting to fall apart.

So, does anybody here have recommendations, for a very light, loose fitting 14in. glove that won't fall apart after a couple of weeks?

I do like the idea of the True XC9 with Z-Palm technology but haven't read a lot of reviews, besides what was posted on here...

If the glove itself is only a few weeks old, why not just get them re-palmed. Just go with something a bit more durable than your stock palms.

I really love my Eagle Aero's. The MSH3 palm is by far my favorite I have ever used.

I also will say that I switched to Tacki mac grips over tape a few years ago and my palms are holding up way better. My gloves are about 2 years old, playing once a week and the palms look borderline brand new.

Thanks for your replies guys! So the Warrior and Eagle gloves seem to get a lot of love here.

How is their fit, as I stated, I don't like snug fitting gloves, they have to fit somewhat loosely.

Has anybody ever used the True gloves? I do like the Z-Palm concept but wonder if it works in real life.

@stick9 I would re-palm the Bauers but there are also threads coming loose on the fingers and other parts, the quality is just really awful...

To me, Warrior QX is a winner. Best features I’ve found glove wise and the fit I prefer. 

I’ve never been impressed by trues glove offerings. While the Zpalm glove concept interested me, neither of their gloves seemed to mechanically work well with my hands, especially in the thumb area. 

27 minutes ago, number_22 said:

Thanks for your replies guys! So the Warrior and Eagle gloves seem to get a lot of love here.

How is their fit, as I stated, I don't like snug fitting gloves, they have to fit somewhat loosely.

Has anybody ever used the True gloves? I do like the Z-Palm concept but wonder if it works in real life.

@stick9 I would re-palm the Bauers but there are also threads coming loose on the fingers and other parts, the quality is just really awful...

The XC9 is a snug fit, might not be what you're looking for.

I love the Vapor 1X Pro's, such a great glove. Not loose like a Nexus 4Roll but not tight either. I also really like the QRL Pro's I got from the last MSH event. For you, I'd look at the Nexus N9000. You get nash palms and PE inserts, HydroMax liner, all for $129.

warrior dynasty ax1 or ax2, if you can find them. Roomy 4 roll, good protection, super comfy. Best gloves I’ve had

3 hours ago, number_22 said:

I'd skip the Z palm and go A4.5 for a loose fit, the Alpha line fits the bill, as does the Aero line from Eagle

I had a pair of the True Pro 4-rolls and really didn’t like the tight fit in the thumb. The rest of the glove was fine but the rigid thumb with a tight fit wasn’t to my liking. YMMV. 

How loose do you want your gloves? I've been using CCM 852s for the past year. Very loose glove, but amazing palms and very comfortable. I have great wrist mobility. Personally, I ended up liking the HG12 gloves more, since they're a snug fit. So I'm selling my 852s (Maple Leafs colors). But it took me a while to decide to part with them. They're made in Canada and very durable. There are a very different pairs on eBay and SideLineSwap right now.

In terms of retails gloves, I agree the Warrior Alpha QX Pro is one of the best offerings at the moment for a loose fit. I have a pair (selling though, again like HG12), and they're amazingly comfortable and flexible right out of the gate.