Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
adam14

goalie interference and it's impact on the game

Thought this could be an interesting topic of discussion especially since it's been a hot topic as of late.

My biggest pet peeve with this call in general, is when the defenceman is directly involved in a player making contact with the goalie. Last night in the Pittsburgh Toronto game doumolin (sp?) cut to the net, the d man blatantly pushes him in the back and incidental contact was made with Andersson resulting in not only the goal being disallowed but a penalty being given to the penguins, even though it was the leafs dman that forced it to happen.

I think international rule could work, if you're in the crease at all play gets blown dead face off goes to the outside of the zone. and incidental contact outside of the crease is just that, incidental. if my back is to the goalie and I'm out of the blue paint and brush against him there s no reason it should get called, it's getting ridiculous.

They just broke that shit out on us last week and I had to look up at the ref in the face-off circle at the blue line and ask "WTF was that?" (I know the guy.) "In the crease."

21 hours ago, adam14 said:

Thought this could be an interesting topic of discussion especially since it's been a hot topic as of late.

My biggest pet peeve with this call in general, is when the defenceman is directly involved in a player making contact with the goalie. Last night in the Pittsburgh Toronto game doumolin (sp?) cut to the net, the d man blatantly pushes him in the back and incidental contact was made with Andersson resulting in not only the goal being disallowed but a penalty being given to the penguins, even though it was the leafs dman that forced it to happen.

I think international rule could work, if you're in the crease at all play gets blown dead face off goes to the outside of the zone. and incidental contact outside of the crease is just that, incidental. if my back is to the goalie and I'm out of the blue paint and brush against him there s no reason it should get called, it's getting ridiculous.

There is no consistency on this call. In many games, they do not call this because of the defenseman causing it, but in this one, they decided to call it. IMO ,ref made a mistake here and stuck to it. Better luck with calls next time.

I’m glad the epidemic that plagued the regular season never reared it’s ugly head in the playoffs, and that the call tonight is the only one that comes even close, even though it was very obviously not.