Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

2005 Easton Catalogue Review

Just had a meeting with the Easton rep in my area. Meeting went well - we'll see what happens.

Thanks again to black296tuuk for scanning the catalogue. Next time...SAVE!

Anyway, let's jump to the stuff...

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/pics/JR/2005...Easton_2005.pdf

Skates

Much has been made of the new SyNergy skate line. The high-end skate in the line is the SyNergy 1300 - the core of the skate is composite. The skate cannot be baked due to this. Very light, however, this is the first time I have actually seen the skate. It is not as stiff as I thought it would be. The 2005 model has been shortened a tad from the one that came out in the fall. One thing that I found interesting is that the sole has two holes in them...about 3/4" big...perfect for accessing Tuuk bolts...:ph34r:

The SyNergy 1100 has replaced the Z-Air Fusion Comp. New additions to the line include the 900, 700, 500 and 300.

Sticks

The Stealth, which was released in the fall once again is the top dog in this category. However, Easton has added a grip version to it, which fades from black to red. Available in all lengths (sr/int/jr)

SyNergy SL - The SL is clocking in at 430 g. Based off the original SyNergy, it is coming in a stunning chrome finish with a fade to blue on the regular version, and a fade to red on the grip version. The blade is what is different than their sticks in the past. They have introduced carbon nanotubes to the blade. CNT, which is a polymer, combined with the resin, fills in the gaps in the carbon fiber, strengthening it. It comes in all lengths.

SyNergy ST - This is the stick that is directly replacing the SyNergy. The difference? They have added three I-beams (the support structure in the blade) instead of 1, which the original SyNergy had. The grip version is lime green (eww!)

The One - this will be Easton's new attempt at a value-priced stick. It will most likely fall in the $99 price point. My rep did not have a sample yet, nor it is in the catalogue.

Shafts are the same as last year, however, the Grip Lite is now the Ultra Lite Grip and is red.

Blades are the same as last year, however, they have added a wood SyNthesis blade. That should make some people happy. Patterns are the same, however, the Modano has now become the Forsberg. Gaborik has replaced the Yzerman, however, with a 5.5 lie.

Gloves

The entire glove line is named SyNergy now. The 1300 is a totally new glove. They have a composite thumb and Flex-Grip fingers, but the main feature of this glove is the SmartCuff wrist wrap. It is actually pretty nice and not as restrictive as wrist wraps in the past. The ONLY problem I foresee is that it is NOT removable, and some people just won't want to buy a glove that has a wrist wrap. We'll see how that goes.

The 1100 is last year's SyNergy.

The 900 has replaced the Air glove and is their "traditional" glove, however, it does come with the SmartCuff.

The 700 is the non-SmartCuff version of the 1300. The line rounds out with the 500 (scaled-down version of the 900) and the 300 (scaled-down version of the 1100)

And YES, there is a PINK glove. The 500 comes in a "bubble-gum" color.

Protective

Easton has tweaked the protective line a bit. The 900 is the top-end, followed by the 700, 500 and 300.

Two things, what are the specifics on the custom glove ordering, did you get any info on that?

Two, EVEN THEIR JOCK IS SYNERGY.

I don't like the fact that they only offer the 110 stealth in Europe, and I really hope they fixed the grip on all sticks. I am looking forward to seeing the wooden synthesis blade though.

Why on earth are the Int. OPC's 65 flex now?

Years ago, the Ultra Lite Graphite junior was a 65 flex, are kids getting weaker or is the trend moving towards using flexier sticks?

And boy do I wish the fibre lite wood stick was available in the US.

Why on earth are the Int. OPC's 65 flex now?

Years ago, the Ultra Lite Graphite junior was a 65 flex, are kids getting weaker or is the trend moving towards using flexier sticks?

50-75 is a huge jump in flex, going to 65 in the intermediate makes more sense.

Wow...the new Gaborik curve looks interesting...on the chart on page 36 of the pdf.

Unless I missed something, it's only available on some of the OPSs and not in the synthesis blades, eh? Also, I did not see it listed on the blade chart on page 81 of the pdf

Stupid blade measurement question...in the brackets, it has 15mm...is this measuring the depth of the curve in mm or the length of the blade from heel to toe in mm?

I've always disliked Easton's blade chart...that hand drawn crap doesn't nealy adequately reflect the shape of the curve. If the Gaborik ends up being a 1/2" to 9/16" mid curve lie 5.5 with a mild open toe, that'll be the blade for me, otherwise the Iginla should fit the bill.

Stupid blade measurement question...in the brackets, it has 15mm...is this measuring the depth of the curve in mm or the length of the blade from heel to toe in mm?

Depth in mm.

What is the difference between the Sakic and the Iginla synthesis blade curves? Degree of open toe?

If anyone has the two to compare together could you describe the difference better than described it the catalog pdf?

They would sell like hotcakes in the youth market. Woods that look like synergies? Are you kidding?? Parents and kids would be happy.

They would sell like hotcakes in the youth market. Woods that look like synergies? Are you kidding?? Parents and kids would be happy.

??

Fibre Lite woodies aren't painted like OPC's..........if anything they look sort of like 9950's, w/ the fibre laminate on the wood shaft.

What is the difference between the Sakic and the Iginla synthesis blade curves? Degree of open toe?

If anyone has the two to compare together could you describe the difference better than described it the catalog pdf?

The sakic is more deeper and much more open than the iginla

Fibre Lite woodies aren't painted like OPC's..........if anything they look sort of like 9950's, w/ the fibre laminate on the wood shaft.

Just a heads up here. It's not OPC. It's OPS = One Piece Stick.

Just a heads up here. It's not OPC. It's OPS = One Piece Stick.

holy crap, I'm an idiot......................

Another thing that I noticed is the lack of attention to their blade lineup. It would have been cool to see a nanotube blade (wishful thinking) but I at least expected them to implement their 3 I-beam system into the synthesis blades. Ah well, maybe 2006.

Another thing that I noticed is the lack of attention to their blade lineup. It would have been cool to see a nanotube blade (wishful thinking) but I at least expected them to implement their 3 I-beam system into the synthesis blades. Ah well, maybe 2006.

My thoughts exactly...

Why not a synthesis stealth blade, synthesis SL, or synthesis ST blade? They coulda been a big hit.

The sakic is more deeper and much more open than the iginla

I've used the sakic before and didn't like it due to the overly open-ness at the toe...messed up my stick handling. I have not seen the Iginla though.

It's odd to me that the two can be so drastically different yet have the same description (except for the open toe part). Both are described by Easton as 1/2", mid, 5.5 lie.