Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
theinfamoust94

Sedins announce retirement

Hey Dudes

So both Henrik and Daniel Sedin have announced retirement this morning. As a Canucks fan, I'm pretty sad to see this, but with $14M in cap space clearing up, I'm also excited to see the future. How do you guys think the Canucks will/should fill their cap space? Are they going to be hunting to land John Tavares? Maybe they'll be able to make a trade with Ottawa to obtain Karlsson and take on the Bobby Ryan cap space that Ottawa is desperate to lose? I'm not sure, but I think its an interesting discussion

Thoughts?

Glad they went out on their own terms and weren't pushed out like I almost thought they would be. 

That said, there's a whole lot of wishful thinking going on in this thread :9_innocent:

• Like 1

While it is always nice to announce retirement while still playing and not after spending months unsigned, the writing was clearly on the wall with Linden sending the "we're rebuilding" letter to season ticket holders. I wouldn't be surprised if the Canucks didn't find some way to ship out Eriksson's contract over the summer.

1 hour ago, chippa13 said:

While it is always nice to announce retirement while still playing and not after spending months unsigned, the writing was clearly on the wall with Linden sending the "we're rebuilding" letter to season ticket holders. I wouldn't be surprised if the Canucks didn't find some way to ship out Eriksson's contract over the summer.

Yeah Eriksson's contract is almost impossible to move until the last 2 years from what I've read